Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 9:30:34 AM EDT
I just purchased two boxes of Winchester Ranger .45SXT (RA45T). One box has silver cases with Winchester typed on the end of the case - no sealant. The second box has gold cases with W-W typed on the end of the case and a red sealant around the primer area. The actual bullets appear to be the reqular Talons.

Why the difference in the markings, case color and one having a sealer and the other not? Is it possible the ones with sealer and gold case marked W-W on the end of the case are re-loads? I have only seen the Rangers previously in silver cases.

Thanks in advance for any info. I also posted this question in the Handgun Ammunition forum

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:41:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 2AFAN:
I just purchased two boxes of Winchester Ranger .45SXT (RA45T). One box has silver cases with Winchester typed on the end of the case - no sealant. The second box has gold cases with W-W typed on the end of the case and a red sealant around the primer area. The actual bullets appear to be the reqular Talons.

Why the difference in the markings, case color and one having a sealer and the other not? Is it possible the ones with sealer and gold case marked W-W on the end of the case are re-loads? I have only seen the Rangers previously in silver cases.

Thanks in advance for any info. I also posted this question in the Handgun Ammunition forum

The ammunition forum is the right one to put this question in, not GD.

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:42:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 9:43:14 AM EDT by demigod]
They are not reloads, as I posted on the other thread.

I have some of the same win ammo.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:58:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 10:00:28 AM EDT by Troy]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:08:20 AM EDT
Troy -

Thank you for the response. LOTS of great info!
Top Top