Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 5:10:01 AM EDT
My Dad is up and I was telling him about the story of the Soldier or Marine who was shot in the face with a 9mm by an insurgent while clearing a house.  I think it was over a year ago.  My dad got a kick out of the story, so I want to be sure of my facts.  Dad is West Point - so fact checking is important to me.

In the origional post on this topic, i do remember pics.

Thanks for the help
Don
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My Dad is up and I was telling him about the story of the Soldier or Marine who was shot in the face with a 9mm by an insurgent while clearing a house.  I think it was over a year ago.  My dad got a kick out of the story, so I want to be sure of my facts.  Dad is West Point - so fact checking is important to me.

In the origional post on this topic, i do remember pics.

Thanks for the help
Don

Typo?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#3]
45 Auto would have taken out 10 square miles.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Clarification is needed.  Not a kick out of the misfortune of the Soldier or Marine.  Rejoice that the Soldier or Marine suffered no major injury by the shot.  basically the story was, the shot was stopped by the root and jaw.  The Soldier or Marine had no idea that he was shot.  What we got a kick out of was what the insurgent must have been thinking when he shot an American in the face, and it had NO effect.  The superhuman American just kept coming at him...  That to me is worth a giggle.

NO disrespect intended to ANY serving American or other serving Nation
Don
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.snopes.com/photos/military/teeth.asp

That guy looks like Mark Cuban
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#7]
My apologies for any miscommunication or misunderstanding on my part from my first post.  Again no disrespect intended.
Don
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top