Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 2:07:37 PM EDT
So I walk into Wal-Mart the other day, look at the DVDs pick one, then go the ammo counter and patiently wait untill the woman is done with her customer and say I need a box of 100 .45 fmj in the winchester white box.  She goes right to them and gets a box.  A little thrown off I then ask "do you have .44 mangnums?"  She goes to a different place and grabs a box.  She knew right were they were.  I almost asked her to marry me then I looked at her face.  Not one I would want to wake up too.  Beer goggles would not fix that.  

So I paid at the ammo counter and walked right out the store.  Smiled and said goodbye to the lady checking reciepts (she did not ask to see mine) and left.  Entirely pleasant and I did not have to draw down or freak out at the old lady like some people here.  If she had asked I would have shown it.

Rant over
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Bastard! You didn't buy any WWB 40 round value packs in 223!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a rant?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is a rant?

Sounds like you have a great clerk there!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I am saving for my first AR.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Don't forget to save up some anger for your first big rant.....All days should go as well as yours.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask here if she makes sammitches, asked about PIE, and ask here if she will get BEER, WTF look at her? Where is your head at.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't need a gun to start stockpileing ammo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
When I go to Walmart I get to buy two kinds of 40.

.40 SW 100 rnd. and 40 rounds .223.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I buy all my ammo at gunstores or online. I can select it myself. Buy it in bulk without getting weird looks or comments and the prices are good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I buy all my ammo at gunstores or online. I can select it myself. Buy it in bulk without getting weird looks or comments and the prices are good.

What's the fun in that?

Walmart inspires 10 pages of fighting at its very mention, therefore it's where I choose to buy ammo, condoms and beer. I like to be where the action is.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Interesting rant. It was more of a pleasant shopping experience.

A bonafide ARFCOM Wal*Mart rant is when someone has to declare, in a most unsavory manner, that their Constitutional rights have been violated because one was asked to show their receipt at the exit. The rant is usually followed by a verbal discourse involving one or more of the following: "Founding Fathers", "standing down", "Brokeback Mountain", "Jack Bauer", "dinner pic", "David Koresh", and "Orwellian state".
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhh a virgin.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the fun in that?

Walmart inspires 10 pages of fighting at its very mention, therefore it's where I choose to buy ammo, condoms and beer. I like to be where the action is.

Too many bad experiences to name. Entertainment is one thing, getting screwed with is another. They usually have good people behind the counter now but id rather not take the chance. Theres only so much BS im willing to wade through.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top