Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:51:20 AM EDT

I'll smoke a turd in hell for that one! Thanks to TargetNick for the P-shop.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't get it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't get it.

+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't get it.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have failed to prepare sufficiently.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't get it.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have failed to prepare sufficiently.

Exactly. In a fair fight, even if you win, you get hurt, therefore you lost.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe that the seal has a stick in the the crotch of the guy.  I think that is what the photoshop is.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#7]
What is the story behind that photo? I’ve seen it hundreds of times. Do they really club baby seals for their fur or something?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I believe that the seal has a stick in the the crotch of the guy.  I think that is what the photoshop is.

I've had that pic in my photobucket account for 5 or 6 months, the stick is there
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't get it.

Exactly. In a fair fight, even if you win, you get hurt, therefore you lost.

I don't believe in fair fights either, just thought there had to be something more to be seen here. Like that stick in the crotch I guess.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What is the story behind that photo? I’ve seen it hundreds of times. Do they really club baby seals for their fur or something?

They do it to make Chuck Norris cry, so that his tears may cure cancer.

But it's not working.  Mr. Norris will not cry.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Do they really club baby seals for their fur or something?

They used to. I hope they don't anymore.

Disgusting practice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Would be funnier if the seal was holding an AK or an AR or an RPG.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disgusting practice.

Women like baby seal fur.

The only place to get it is from baby seals.

Since they do not reproduce all that well in captivity you go to where the seal is.

Since the seal pups object to being picked up and carried off by biting the crap out of you, you gotta do something to quell the resistance.

Ergo, club.

Since the seal is then taken and used to make a nice piece of clothing which is then used by wealthy men to get a nice piece of pie that seal has become useful.

While I would not engage in this practice myself (too cold up there) I find it interesting that people think that this practice is disgusting.  You would prefer cattle prods?  Using a knife would damage the fur, so the guys use the most effective method of harvesting that they can.

What is the problem?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disgusting practice.

+1
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disgusting practice.

A lot of the claims about that were lies spread by Greenpeace  

The might be some cases (perhaps in Canada?) where baby seals are clubbed, but if it even happens, it's extremely rare - but Greenpeace THEMSELVES hired people to club baby seals to death, and then distributed the video, lying and claiming that it was footage of seal hunters.

Those bastards pretty much killed the seal fur trade of the Danish eskimos, plunging the Greenland society further into unemployement, alcoholism and suicide.  The eskimos never hunted the baby seals (why bother - let them grow and get more fur to sell) and they never hunted by clubbing - but by shooting with hunting rifles from a distance.

I fucking hate Greenpeace for that.  Rich do-gooder bastards gutted an entire human society, just for some hippy feel-good bullshit about some imagined cruelty that made them cry their rich spoiled crocodile tears.  God I hate those guys!

Okay - I'm done ranting now.

Bastards!!

Ooops.  Guess I wasn't quite done.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#17]
As a commercial fisherman I don't believe you can ever be done ranting against Greenpiece.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
As a commercial fisherman I don't believe you can ever be done ranting against Greenpiece.

I hate them with the intensity of a thousand suns!

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Preach on, DK!  I enjoy hearing someone tell the truth about an organization like green peace
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I have absolutely zero doubts that Greenpeace is a retched organization with all the morals and integrity of a diseased Calcutta harlot.

I also completely understand that seal fur is a desired resource. I have no problems with that resource being responsibly collected for use.

Now, CLUBBING A LIVING ANIMAL to death is NOT what I consider "responsible" by ANY means. You can shoot them with a poison dart that kills them near instantly and causes less damage to the fur than a club. Clubbing an animal to death (with the exception of rapists, murderers, etc.) is barbaric and without ANY redeeming aspect. PERIOD.

ETA:

Quoted:
but Greenpeace THEMSELVES hired people to club baby seals to death, and then distributed the video, lying and claiming that it was footage of seal hunters.

Are you fucking serious?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And believe it or not you can make hamburger patty's out of ground beef too!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Any sports fishermen out there know what a fish bonker is?

If the clubbing dispatches the seal quickly, how is it worse than shooting or any other method of killing them?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone heard the Greaseman skit about clubbing baby seals?

Funny shit. If I knew how to post audio files I would.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yes. The clubbing looks gross, but its a (usually) humane method of dispatching the seal. Like bonking a fish in the head, or beheading a turkey or chicken.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#25]
i see nothing wrong with it..

it is very effective..for the job..

no different than killing a steer or pig with a block for a kill shop.

notice they always use a wooden bat..instead of a easton black magic...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate them with the intensity of a thousand suns!

Yes, but some suns are more intense than others.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

notice they always use a wooden bat..instead of a easton black magic...

must not be approved for seal league play.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#28]
They have actually started using mag lights to club the seals.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Do chickens have large talons?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

ETA:

Quoted:
but Greenpeace THEMSELVES hired people to club baby seals to death, and then distributed the video, lying and claiming that it was footage of seal hunters.

Are you fucking serious?

Yes.  It is absolutely shameful.

I remember seeing the story on Danish tv back in the early 80s.  An icelandic newspaper reporter uncovered it, but it got very little global news coverage.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

Quoted:

Are you fucking serious?

Yes.  It is absolutely shameful.

I remember seeing the story on Danish tv back in the early 80s.  An icelandic newspaper reporter uncovered it, but it got very little global news coverage.

You have to remember. These are the same sumbitches that align themselves with those that spike timber and shit. They'll go out of their way to kill or maim loggers, what's one baby seal, if it stirs the bleeding hearts of millions to the cause?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disgusting practice.

A lot of the claims about that were lies spread by Greenpeace  

The might be some cases (perhaps in Canada?) where baby seals are clubbed, but if it even happens, it's extremely rare - but Greenpeace THEMSELVES hired people to club baby seals to death, and then distributed the video, lying and claiming that it was footage of seal hunters.

Those bastards pretty much killed the seal fur trade of the Danish eskimos, plunging the Greenland society further into unemployement, alcoholism and suicide.  The eskimos never hunted the baby seals (why bother - let them grow and get more fur to sell) and they never hunted by clubbing - but by shooting with hunting rifles from a distance.

I fucking hate Greenpeace for that.  Rich do-gooder bastards gutted an entire human society, just for some hippy feel-good bullshit about some imagined cruelty that made them cry their rich spoiled crocodile tears.  God I hate those guys!

Okay - I'm done ranting now.

Bastards!!

Ooops.  Guess I wasn't quite done.  

The same goes for the peta fwits that were killing all the dogs because they said the dog pound was inhumane for euthanizing the dogs. So, they go and buy them and secretly kill them while bad mouthing others.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#33]
My fishing buddy once smacked a snapping turtle on the head with a paddle.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
My fishing buddy once smacked a snapping turtle on the head with a paddle.  

I would be very surprised if it actually even hurt the turtle.  Snapping turtles are some of the most difficult animals to kill.  I have killed two of them for their meat (delicious) and will never do it again.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They do it to make Chuck Norris cry, so that his tears may cure cancer.

But it's not working.  Mr. Norris will not cry.

Not true!  I saw it myself!  Conan O'Brien pulled the lever and there he was, with a tear rolling down his cheek!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Clubbing something to death is a waste of energy.  Is it cruel?  To an uneductaed human yes.  To a Polar Bear?  No, they would talk about how stupid the human is for wasting all that energy swinging his arms around wildly, why doesnt he just grab it and go to eating, it will quit flopping around after a few minutes of chewing.   If you think clubbing something in the head to death is inhumane, you have one , never been clubbed.  I have it doesnt hurt it nocks you quite senseless, in the case of the seal he is dead before he can feel it. Two, you never seen 3 coyotes hold down a fawn and eat chunks out of it while its pleading for help.    Nature is cruel get used to it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#37]
you are going to burn
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Clubbing seals is a good thing.

It keeps their numbers down except in the US where it is illegal.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#39]
I could care less..it's a fucking animal.... Their is no reason to give a shit.

Meanwhile savage fuckwits in Iran are hanging teenage girls for being raped!
THAT is cruel...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
you are going to burn

I was gonna burn before I posted that anyway
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#41]
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you have made a grievous tactical error."
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Lame.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I realize it may sound like a stupid question, but the reason I am asking is because it sounds like an absurd thing to do. I didn't really know there was a niche market for baby seal fur. And if there was certainly I wouldn't have thought they would have been clubbed to death. I was hoping that picture was taken by some whacky Norwegians for humor value or something.

Did you know you can make meat balls out of ground beef too?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I own a fish bat. I consider it the most humane way to dispatch a fish that I catch and will eat.

That said, I'm apparently a bad fisherman as I have yet to catch a fish and use the bat. I've had several years of trying. I might need to switch to using something better than baby seal meat as bait.
Just kidding about the seal meat as bait. If I could catch a fish, it is either going to be immediately killed via bat, or unhooked and released with as little trauma as possible. Cabela's makes a fortune from idiots like me who keep buying new lures to catch fish. It's a trap.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Clubbing something to death is a waste of energy.  Is it cruel?  To an uneductaed human yes.  To a Polar Bear?  No, they would talk about how stupid the human is for wasting all that energy swinging his arms around wildly, why doesnt he just grab it and go to eating, it will quit flopping around after a few minutes of chewing.   If you think clubbing something in the head to death is inhumane, you have one , never been clubbed.  I have it doesnt hurt it nocks you quite senseless, in the case of the seal he is dead before he can feel it. Two, you never seen 3 coyotes hold down a fawn and eat chunks out of it while its pleading for help.    Nature is cruel get used to it.

Nature's cruelty is nature's problem.  We can do better.  A slug to the brain is far faster, & there's no debate about whether anything is felt.  True, I've never been clubbed.  But then, I don't volunteer to partake in such activities.  But that's just me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#47]
A baby seal walks into a bar:

Baby seal: I want a drink.

Bartender: What'll you have?

Baby seal: Anything but a Canadian Club! (rimshot)
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember that thread!   U remember who it was?  I don't.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
They have actually started using mag lights to club the seals.

Does a Mag Light make the T**k sound when it impacts the seals skull?  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disgusting practice.

+1

+2
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top