Posted: 1/25/2006 10:09:42 PM EDT
Critique my choices.

.38sp derringer
.22 Ruger MKII
Glock 19 9mm

M1 Garand 30-06

Mossberg 500a

That is all.

The derringer is for concealed carry in a place that won't issue a CCW.  The .22 is for squirrels and such, and for my girl to carry at home.  The Glock is my carry piece if it comes to that.

The Garand is my Reach Out and Touch Someone piece, and the Mossy is what I'd have on the roof if the local Element decided that Tookie shouldn't have been executed.

I'd like to cut it down to just the Glock and Garand if I could, but I don't think I could.  It's just too hard to keep the Glock from printing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Critique my choices.

.38sp derringer
.22 Ruger MKII
Glock 19 9mm

M1 Garand 30-06

Mossberg 500a

You live in a state which has a de-facto ban on CCW. Why in the world would you sacrifice anything for size? Why are you buying combat tupperware in the first place?

Get a BHP
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Critique my choices.

.38sp derringer
.22 Ruger MKII
Glock 19 9mm

M1 Garand 30-06

Mossberg 500a

That is all.

The derringer is for concealed carry in a place that won't issue a CCW.  The .22 is for squirrels and such, and for my girl to carry at home.  The Glock is my carry piece if it comes to that.

The Garand is my Reach Out and Touch Someone piece, and the Mossy is what I'd have on the roof if the local Element decided that Tookie shouldn't have been executed.

I'd like to cut it down to just the Glock and Garand if I could, but I don't think I could.  It's just too hard to keep the Glock from printing.

WTF???

I dont see ANY AR15's on there... any of you guys see an AR on there??

What are you doing here?

Oh yeah... ETA:
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
overall, i would cut it to the MINIMUM to the glock and the M1

having problems w/ the glock printing--what kinda holster are you using? a good holster and loose clothes do wonders on hiding CCWs

if i had to downsize, i would toss the derringer (but then i am not a big fan of em)

.22lr pistols are just fun and the shotty is very utilitarian
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
As I suspected, you don't need to be here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
 can't own a AR  in cal can you?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Better get a Stag lower while you can, I have 5, they are good stuff. I was gonna ask where all your Ak stuff was then I saw where you are Get a C&R and buy some Yugo SKS's, are they still legal there ? (That actually hurts to ask)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
have we come to the piont on this board where you cant say glock? I think your collection sounds like a California collection, I would like to be the first to encourage you to come on up to Washington where aks and ar15s flow in the streets
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a nice start
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
what are you going to use for suppresive fire?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
WTF???

I dont see ANY AR15's on there... any of you guys see an AR on there??

What are you doing here?

Oh yeah... ETA:

Leave the poor guy alone, he's wise he's saving up for an AK
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
overall, i would cut it to the MINIMUM to the glock and the M1

having problems w/ the glock printing--what kinda holster are you using? a good holster and loose clothes do wonders on hiding CCWs

if i had to downsize, i would toss the derringer (but then i am not a big fan of em)

.22lr pistols are just fun and the shotty is very utilitarian

I hate the derringer, but it's all I can make disappear.  It's my de facto carry piece.

I use a plastic holster outside the belt.  I've only actually carried it twice in the last ten years, once when the power went out in an 8-block radius in Chicago and one more time in LA.  I had it tucked into my belt.  Unfortunately, 5-0 came rolling up on me just as I had to adjust, and it was time to sweat for a a while there.  Fortunately they just rolled on by.

So not such a bad collection, right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top