Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 10:45:46 AM EDT
I not sure if its really called the nuclear clock....but its a clock that give you a good idea of how close we are to nuclear war.....last I heard it was moved a space or two forward after 9/11.  And the "safe" time is 7 minuted till midnight....or something along those lines.  And the closest weve gotten is 2 minutes till midnight.

So has it moved anymore spaces since the whole Iran thing?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got no idea as to what you're talking about.  how about you google it and introduce it to us
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Doomsday Clock

Still seven minutes to midnight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Doomsday Clock

Still seven minutes to midnight.

The Doomsday clock is not going to move because its based on a obsolete idea of the threat.

None of the people who might use nuclear weapons have enough of them to end life on this planet.

The only countries who have that are the USA and Russia and neither of them want to use them.

Even if Iran or North Korea detonate a bomb in the US or Russia, the number of weapons we would need to end those countries is way way less than the total number of bombs detonated in the above ground nuclear tests from 45-63.  Which the world has clearly survived.

However depending on how, where, and when the bombs are detonated, we could be faced with at the very least a second Great Depression.  And a end of modern civilization through ECONOMIC failure.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What Where is the nuclear clock at?  

I not sure if it's really called the nuclear clock....but it's a clock that will give you a good idea of how close we are to nuclear war.....last I heard it was moved a space or two forward after 9/11.  And the "safe" time is 7 minuted till midnight....or something along those lines.  And the closest weve gotten is 2 minutes till midnight.

What kind of Engrish is this?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the people that run it are terribly confused and terribly dissapointed that they can't blame the US Nuclear Forces.  The concept that somebody else might start it has fried their fuzzy liberal little brains.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh that's hogwash.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I not sure if it's really called the nuclear clock....but it's a clock that will give you a good idea of how close we are to nuclear war.....last I heard it was moved a space or two forward after 9/11.  And the "safe" time is 7 minuted till midnight....or something along those lines.  And the closest weve gotten is 2 minutes till midnight.

You forgot to spell out the seven and the two.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#8]

thank you MATTHEW10_28
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure if it's really called the nuclear clock, but it's a clock that will give you a good idea of how close we are to nuclear war. Last I heard it was moved a space or two forward after 9/11, and the "safe" time is 7 seven minuteds  till until midnight (or something along those lines).  And The closest we've gotten is 2 two minutes till until midnight.

Let's see how it looks now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure if it's really called the nuclear clock, but it's a clock that will give you a good idea of how close we are to nuclear war. Last I heard it was moved a space or two forward after 9/11, and the "safe" time is 7 seven minuteds  till until midnight (or something along those lines).  And The closest we've gotten is 2 two minutes till until midnight.

So has it moved anymore any more spaces since the whole Iran thing?

Let's see how it looks now.

Missed one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have several active members who speak English as their second language.

I'd say he's doing pretty good well so far.  It barely took any effort to understand everything he was trying to convey.      

Sorry buddy. I had to do it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have several active members who speak English as their second language.

I'd say he's doing pretty good well so far.  It barely took took barely any effort to understand everything he was trying to convey.      

Sorry buddy. I had to do it.

Well why not!

Woohoo! Grammer Nazi Time!

Speaking of English as a second language, one of my favorite furriners is here.

the Doomsday clock was the brainchild of some group of antiwar antinuke and generally anti-US folks back probably in the late 50s or early 60s.  tTheir announcements of the clock moving closer to midnight (total globabl annihilation IIRC) in response to some US Presidents actions was almost always good for some air time on the major networks.  IIRC Ronald Reagan really spun them up.  I think some of them were actually disappointed when we didn't go to war with the Soviets and prove them right.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#17]
oops
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#18]
The only clock that's important to me is the clock that says it's time to go home.  

Official U.S. time clock is here, nist.time.gov/  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top