Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for this evening when I will have time to digest not just scan
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#2]
And the problem in this situation is that the common Iranian population  would be innocent. A nuclear strike by IRAN  require just a buch of mad men not a full army.

It seems to me that being nuked is the wet dream of the Iranian president martyr bla bla bla 72 virgins bla bla 13th imam etc...

A giant non-lethal pig-blood bomb would be a better deterrent.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The problem is the simple.  Unlike North Korea, Iran is supporting a spreading culture and idealogy.  If Iran gets nuclear weapons, any hope of stopping the spread of radical islam is lost.

Both North Korea now and Iranian leadership soon will be secure in their positions, since it is known they are crazy enough to use nuclear weapons if they think they are going to lose power, and not care about the consequences to their own people.

So, what we would end up with is a government immune to sanctions and threats of violence still supporting and funding the terrorist culture.  It could use influence with impunity in the middle east to steer elections and governments, without fear of attack.

In the modern world, having nuclear weapons is like having an inpenetrable forcefield around your country as long as you don't use them.  This would mean the middle east nations would stop moving towards democracy and moderation, and turn right back and head towards fanaticism.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
According to these figures it will take about 150 nukes to 'destroy' the fabric and cohesion of the United States and about 30 to do the same to France. Note that inflicting this damage will not have any substantial effect the US ability to perform an immediate counterstrike with thousands of nuclear warheads because these are deployed in hardened facilities or on submerged platforms which would survive a paltry (by Cold War standards) 150 warhead strike. But this number would be enough to finish the target nation as cohesive society for decades.

150?

I don't think so.

3 planes hitting 3 buildings sent our economy down the tubes.

Setting off one nuke in NYC and one in D.C. will result in a melt down of our economy.  The FTC couldn't re-open the market for a few months atleast without everyone pulling out and crashing it.

I would bet that Iran would commit more than 2 nukes to our destruction.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
According to these figures it will take about 150 nukes to 'destroy' the fabric and cohesion of the United States and about 30 to do the same to France. Note that inflicting this damage will not have any substantial effect the US ability to perform an immediate counterstrike with thousands of nuclear warheads because these are deployed in hardened facilities or on submerged platforms which would survive a paltry (by Cold War standards) 150 warhead strike. But this number would be enough to finish the target nation as cohesive society for decades.

150?

I don't think so.

3 planes hitting 3 buildings sent our economy down the tubes.

Setting off one nuke in NYC and one in D.C. will result in a melt down of our economy.  The FTC couldn't re-open the market for a few months atleast without everyone pulling out and crashing it.

I would bet that Iran would commit more than 2 nukes to our destruction.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that. 150? You'd be blowing up Walla Walla, WA and Poughkipsie, NY and Indialantic, FL by the time your list reached 95 or so.

In all seriousness, if the rumors of the Islamofascists coordinating a 10-city nuclear bomb attack on America are true, you would see the complete and utter destruction of everything that even looked remotely like America does now. Even if you weren't one of the 10 - 15 million killed, you would certainly lose your job have no food, no power, and no water.

It would be SHTF, and it would take 3 decades for America to recover. Forget how we would smash our enemies - it has no relevance to the misery and suffering we will have opened ourselves to by failing to take care of our own house vis-a-vis the Illegal Immigration problem, the silent invasion of one-to-two million Mohammedans, and the vicious attacks on the moral and political fiber of America by the force we thought we beat in 1991, Communism.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Setting off one nuke in NYC and one in D.C. will result in a melt down of our economy. The FTC couldn't re-open the market for a few months atleast without everyone pulling out and crashing it.

Nope, would hardly matter.  Katrina proved that when it knocked out one of our largest oil import facilities.

While it would not be pleasant, it would not cause much long term damage.

ESPECALLY New York and Washington, in neither city is anything made or imported.  How much traffic does the Port of New York actually do IN New York- its called the "New York-New Jersey Port Authority" for a reason.

Los Angeles or Galviston would be more damaging, but even so not crippling.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
North Korea is a scary wild card in the mix, but I think China would step in and reign them in should they get a little jiggy...........the Chinese hate us, and want to overcome us, but given the chance that they might lose their economic access to trade here, and NK could destabilize all of Asia, I think China would reel them in...........the Chinese dont like the NK either  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top