Edit title
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#1]
NOBODY cares?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Figure 1. High-speed photography freezes in time an instant of the discharge of a .30-06-caliber rifle. The fast exposure captures the bullet as it emerges at about Mach 2.5, but the spherical shock wave of the muzzle blast and the sweptback shock waves behind the bullet are normally invisible. While this image was captured on film, new digital video technology that can capture the waves' distortion of a background pattern has enabled some classical optical techniques to enter the modern age, where they can image high-resolution details of ballistic events with a large field of view and under realistic conditions. Because flows are standardized to move from left to right in fluid dynamics, some images in this article are printed in reverse.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Sexed up the title
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.

I'd love to see pics of a shockwave affected by bare barrels, compared to the same barrel with various muzzle devices, like the Vortex flash hider.  I thought it disrupts the outgoing blast to reduce muzzle flash.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty cool little write up
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
The last time I got into one of your threads there was a pic of a uber-hairy nekkid guy (In Team)..Can you blame me for being skittish?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
now that's cool, once you changed the title, I actually clicked on this thread.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]
It's safe to go back there, a MOD trashed it after scorching his eyes
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#10]
They could use a few more photos.
With something that cool, there should be an endless supply of ideas to photograph.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top