Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 5:04:35 PM EDT
Do you still have to get a permit, if your over 21 and never had a driver licenses before?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:09:30 PM EDT
Yes, you need a permit to allow you to practice with a licensed driver before your test.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:15:27 PM EDT
Is a permit required, i can drive fine have for years just need to go a few county's over now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:17:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By staraero:
Do you still have to get a permit, if your over 21 and never had a driver licenses before?

Yes.

www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/drivers-license.php

www.state.tn.us/commerce/boards/mvc/
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:17:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By staraero:
Is a permit required, i can drive fine have for years just need to go a few county's over now.

How have you been driving fine for years if you haven't been licensed? Or are you talking about banging around in some field car as a kid? Not even close to meaning that you can drive on the roads.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:23:29 PM EDT

How have you been driving fine for years if you haven't been licensed?

Easy didn't give them a reason to pull me over. Been driving on real roads and hi ways since i was 16. Just got a reason to get my licenses and be legal, don't feel save going this far out of town without one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:26:35 PM EDT
I think all you have to be is over 18 and you can get your license. I have had friends do that. I could be wrong but I think that is correct.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:27:21 PM EDT
Then you've been playing russian roulette. Dunno how they let you get away with that in TN. Get your permit, get your license and get legal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:29:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Carter226:
I think all you have to be is over 18 and you can get your license. I have had friends do that. I could be wrong but I think that is correct.

Sweet thats what a friend said, I'm going out of town to get them so didn't want to waste a trip.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:31:56 PM EDT
I don't see why you just couldn't walk in, take the written/drivers test and get your license. Make damned sure you get someone to drive you to the DMV though.
Top Top