Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 6:12:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A thought provoking article written by a member of Canadian GunNutz on the eve of our federal election.

Desperate Liberals: Changing Gang Control to Gun Control
by Bruce Gold
It seems no matter were you grab the increasing gang violence problem in Canada, you are led back to a Liberal policy that failed. Having bet the farm that a rigorous crack down on inanimate objects and the law-abiding would reduce crime, the Liberals have a great many policy and funding decisions they would rather not talk about. No wonder Paul Martin is desperate to shift the gang problem debate onto inanimate objects and the easy to regulate law-abiding.

Why don't politicians understand this?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:38:51 AM EDT
[#2]
At some in the USA, our programs to control drugs has morphed to gun control, but I think that has since changed somewhat.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
how did the costs rise from 2 million to 2 billion? I could see the costs rising from 2 to 5 million or maybe even 10 million, but not a 1000 fold increase.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
how did the costs rise from 2 million to 2 billion? I could see the costs rising from 2 to 5 million or maybe even 10 million, but not a 1000 fold increase.

Sounds like someone was using that 'new math' when they were trying to sell the program.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually nobody really knows why, in the early days they said new computer system, software was required and cost lots of money. It's a freakin database that is riddled with errors. When the new government will be in place, they will be able to show were the money went, with the current government's track record on corruption and misplaced money, it will likely turn into the next corruption scandal.

The registry database was promoted to the general public (non-gun savy) as a public safety tool for police, when in fact the firearm community aspecially target shooters have denounced it as a confiscation tool. The current announcement of Prime Minister Paul Martin of a total handgun ban finally brought to light the useless crime policies of the government. It was just as useful as your AWB crap.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Does this mean that our gentle Cannuk neighbors to the North are finally begining to see the light(ARFCOM Cannuks excluded of course)?
I REALLY REALLY hope this registry is exposed for the sham that it is, and that light is cast into every shadow. If Canada exposes gun control as a failure it will be a milestone achievement for pro-gunners around the globe. It's just a shame that so many Canadian shooters had to suffer to get to this point. That little bit about having to consent to searches at any time without warrants or probable cause got my blood boiling. That's just every shade of wrong. Law abiding gun owners get treated worse than criminals, and that my friends is tyranny.

Good luck Canada! Stick it to 'em!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Gangs should be controlled:

Hunt them down and kill them

Guns should be controlled:

A proper stance, two-handed grip, focus on the front sight, and a gentle trigger squeeze...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top