Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]
This thread could either be taken as cop bashing for calling out the dirty cop, or actually police complimentary for illustrating the plight an officer faces for doing the right thing.  I take it as the latter....as a LEO,  I save my sympathy for the officers trying to do right caught up in media persecution, not those that knowingly enagage in criminal activity.

As far as these salarys some of you guys are throwing out-I work for a major agency, have over 20 years on and have some "rank" and I ain't making close to 6 figures.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
There are departments that pay overtime for holidays?  Holy shit. For us, holidays are just a normal duty day.  Of course we dont have have a shift differential, no take-home cars, no rifles, etc.  And this is in one of the larger departments in the state.

BTW, if the guy is actually double-dipping he should be hit with whatever punishment the department has in place.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I met a Sheriffs deputy once who made $105,000 a year.

Course, he lived in a rich county with a high cost of living.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There are departments that pay overtime for holidays?  Holy shit. For us, holidays are just a normal duty day.  Of course we dont have have a shift differential, no take-home cars, no rifles, etc.  And this is in one of the larger departments in the state.

BTW, if the guy is actually double-dipping he should be hit with whatever punishment the department has in place.

Damm, my home county has holiday pay (a crazy system where you get .5 pay for the holiday even if you don't work, 1.5 plus the .5 for 2x if you do) take home cars, M-14's and AR's... and the work the Dupont schedule so you get a week off every month and never work more than 4 days in a row.

Come on up to the mounatins.

BTW, did you ever find an answer on that seatbelt thing? I am still curious about that whole issue.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Damm, my home county has holiday pay (a crazy system where you get .5 pay for the holiday even if you don't work, 1.5 plus the .5 for 2x if you do) take home cars, M-14's and AR's... and the work the Dupont schedule so you get a week off every month and never work more than 4 days in a row.

- Damn.....sounds like a move might be in order

BTW, did you ever find an answer on that seatbelt thing? I am still curious about that whole issue.
- I have one of the traffic guys checking into it for me.  The closest thing I could pull up online for it was the BLET manual stating that first responders are exempt. It's covered in the traffic laws section.  I'll let you know when I hear something.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Damn.....sounds like a move might be in order

- I have one of the traffic guys checking into it for me.  The closest thing I could pull up online for it was the BLET manual stating that first responders are exempt. It's covered in the traffic laws section.  I'll let you know when I hear something.

Thanks.

Most of the western counties are similar, although Buncombe seems a little too political for me. The pay is a little less but cost of living is lower as well so it balances out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#7]
In my expereince, smaller counties (atleast in the South) tend to have a lot more advanatges when it comes to gear and how pay is set up than larger ones.  While your salary isn't as high, you can work with several departments, get holiday pay/shift differntial, etc.  Non of that exists here in the "big city".  Atleast our average pay is more and our offduty jobs pay atleast $23/hour.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This thread could either be taken as cop bashing for calling out the dirty cop, or actually police complimentary for illustrating the plight an officer faces for doing the right thing.  I take it as the latter....as a LEO,  I save my sympathy for the officers trying to do right caught up in media persecution, not those that knowingly enagage in criminal activity.

I brought this thread up, because in another thread I was told by an LEO that bad cops are not protected, and that good cops just wait for an excuse to weed them out. I would like to believe that, and I hope that is the way it is, but it seems like in South Rockwood MI that isn't the case, according to the article of course...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I think.........MIND YOUR OWN GOD DAMN"D BUSINESS comes to mind.  Sheesh, it's like she had a frigging vendetta against this guy....he musta pissed in her cherrios or something.

Also, if the man is willing to do the work, what's so frigging wrong with what he makes?  What he makes is his business, and nobody elses.  If he values money over free time, and he does a good job while at work, and both departments know about it, then so what?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They don't pay these guys alot of money most have to have a second job, but both jobs not in police field, you can't double your benifits

Oh please! Cops make damn good money, especially for someone without college education. Most of them make about the same as nurses and other 4 year degreed professionals.

Plus they can usually work overtime and special assignments (security, parking, etc) that push their wages into 6-figures.

They do in Los Angeles

I know an Orange County Sherrif...He is in his mid-thirties....he pulls in just under 100K a year....
If anyone does not think that is good money...even in Orange County (so Cal), your on fucking crack.

I also just met a Denver Cop the other day.  He pulls in just over 60 after being on the force for three years...If you don't think 60 is decent money for living in Douglas County....your on crack.

Your friend in LA should move south.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I appreciate that, but if the article is true, his local departments didn't give a shit, and didn't act until the State was called. Then, they acted against the whistleblower.

Another reason I brought this article up was I was told in another thread that most of the LE problems are in big cities, and that 99% of the cops in small departments are good. Well, it seems like there is quite the lack of oversight on local departments. Am I wrong in thinking this cop who supposedly was double dipping would have trouble doing this in Detroit, and another suburban department fulltime?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think.........MIND YOUR OWN GOD DAMN"D BUSINESS comes to mind.  Sheesh, it's like she had a frigging vendetta against this guy....he musta pissed in her cherrios or something.

Also, if the man is willing to do the work, what's so frigging wrong with what he makes?  What he makes is his business, and nobody elses.  If he values money over free time, and he does a good job while at work, and both departments know about it, then so what?

Did you actually read the article? Supposedly he was working both jobs, at the exact same time. I don't mean the same day, but the same time. You are defending that?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My only concern about LEOs moonlighting is how the fatigue affects their judgement. Additionally, their reflexes.

I know I'd rather not work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, getting possibly 5-6 hours sleep, and have to deal with potentially life ending decisions on a regular basis. The odds of fouling up would seem to increase relationally.

+100.  SImple and to the point.  

If the two jurisdictions have no issue, then it is not an issue..but the safety factor is serious.  Liability is increased for both employers..if they choose to take the risk, it shouldn't be illegal.  But I can tell you that all the LEOrganizations I know of in Mi would never let you do such a thing....maybe the smaller places don't mind.

As for pay, LEO do make decent $ in Michigan (thank you auto unions!) but you face the possibility of injury just because of your career everyday.  Badguys generally don't focus on injuring automotive workers, or other professions just because you work for Ford/Chevy/Chrysler. Yes, they make the choice to be LEOs, but that doesn't mean they should be underpaid or looked down upon for trying to get good pay.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Did you read the story?

He was being payed by two agencies for the exact same time period.... supposedly on duty in 2 municipalities at the exact same times.

That's fraud any way you look at it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

As for pay, LEO do make decent $ in Michigan (thank you auto unions!) but you face the possibility of injury just because of your career everyday.  Badguys generally don't focus on injuring automotive workers, or other professions just because you work for Ford/Chevy/Chrysler. Yes, they make the choice to be LEOs, but that doesn't mean they should be underpaid or looked down upon for trying to get good pay.

Cheers!

However, cops don't generally run the risk of getting crushed in a press...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Again I'll wait for the actual investigation to conclude.

My prediction: the female cop is pissed because she's still part-time and has been passed over for full-time. And is just stirring up crap.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They don't pay these guys alot of money most have to have a second job, but both jobs not in police field, you can't double your benifits

Oh please! Cops make damn good money, especially for someone without college education. Most of them make about the same as nurses and other 4 year degreed professionals.

Plus they can usually work overtime and special assignments (security, parking, etc) that push their wages into 6-figures.

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

My prediction: the female cop is pissed because she's still part-time and has been passed over for full-time. And is just stirring up crap.

No one is denying the cop worked full time at both departments. You must believe he worked 16 hour days legitemately or you don't care that he was screwing the taxpayers...

If he was screwing the taxpayers, I could care less what her reason was for complaining. Crap is crap, regardless of why it is stirred up...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you actually read the article? Supposedly he was working both jobs, at the exact same time. I don't mean the same day, but the same time. You are defending that?

I'm not defending or saying it's wrong.  What I am saying is if she went to her superiors and they didn't care, why is she stirring up trouble?  What's up her ass?  I'm sorry, but if I thought someone was wrong, and not doing something detrimental to others (like rape, murder, extortion, etc) and I asked my superiors about it, and they said they knew and it wasn't an issue, then that would be the last of it.  I would do it for the good of the DEPT, but if the DEPT knew, and it was ok, then end of story.  She went way out of her way, and that tells me that she was out for blood for some reason, and most of the time, those reasons are personal vendettas/or political moves/greed/jealousy/etc.  No place in the workplace for those.  I personally think that vendettas/political moves/greed/jealousy/etc are much worse for the department than what that guy did (if it's true).  They breed distrust and even more resentment, and in a line of work that you must rely on your fellow officer to watch your ass, that is totally unacceptable.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one is denying the cop worked full time at both departments. You must believe he worked 16 hour days legitemately or you don't care that he was screwing the taxpayers...

If he was screwing the taxpayers, I could care less what her reason was for complaining. Crap is crap, regardless of why it is stirred up...

I don't know. I do know I would take anything a plantiff's attorney saying to the media with several grains of salt.

If he is in fact being fraudulent he should be fired and made to pay back any money he took.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm still waiting for someone to show me where I'm going to make nearly 6 figures on patrol. I've got a resume handy. Beats the $31K I'm making now.

Come on up to RI  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't know if the guy was working two jobs at the same time.  That's the attorney's view.  The cities apparently don't have a problem with it,  and canning an employee that went outside their chain of command is perfectly reasonable.  I have yet to see a "whistleblower"  that wasn't a complete ass.

Wonder if he broke up with her?

BTW:  If you max out your allowable OT here, (hours are restricted)   A relativley new officer here can reduce himself to a zombie-like state  for around 80K.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not defending or saying it's wrong.  What I am saying is if she went to her superiors and they didn't care, why is she stirring up trouble?  What's up her ass?  I'm sorry, but if I thought someone was wrong, and not doing something detrimental to others (like rape, murder, extortion, etc) and I asked my superiors about it, and they said they knew and it wasn't an issue, then that would be the last of it.  I would do it for the good of the DEPT, but if the DEPT knew, and it was ok, then end of story.  She went way out of her way, and that tells me that she was out for blood for some reason, and most of the time, those reasons are personal vendettas/or political moves/greed/jealousy/etc.  No place in the workplace for those.  I personally think that vendettas/political moves/greed/jealousy/etc are much worse for the department than what that guy did (if it's true).  They breed distrust and even more resentment, and in a line of work that you must rely on your fellow officer to watch your ass, that is totally unacceptable.

You just described the Blue Code...

I could care less about her motivations. If she has a vendetta, I could care less. If she is trying to be clean and not let a fellow officer  be dirty, then all the power to her. If he is stealing from taxpayers, he should be fired, and then charged with theft...

You are right about one thing...this female cop is fucked if she ever comes back. It would be very dangerous for her...and that is sad...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I don't know if the guy was working two jobs at the same time.  That's the attorney's view.  The cities apparently don't have a problem with it,  and canning an employee that went outside their chain of command is perfectly reasonable.  I have yet to see a "whistleblower"  that wasn't a complete ass.

Wonder if he broke up with her?

BTW:  If you max out your allowable OT here, (hours are restricted)   A relativley new officer here can reduce himself to a zombie-like state  for around 80K.

When you say the cities don't have a problem with it, that means the departments. The ppl. paying property taxes most likely have a problem with it...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know. I do know I would take anything a plantiff's attorney saying to the media with several grains of salt.

If he is in fact being fraudulent he should be fired and made to pay back any money he took.

I could be wrong of course, but I doubt she would have gone outside the department and to the State of Michigan without enough evidence to back her story up...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if the department and town wish to use taxpayers money to pay the guy to work hours when he is not even in the town and is in fact working for another town, that is ok with you?

If a lawyer billed clients for hours when it turned out he was in court on another case would you think its ok?

If you made a doctors appointment and he saw another patient during your time, never saw you, and billed you would you think it is ok?

It could be a personal vendetta... or it could be someone who hates corruption. Small town police/town corruption is not anything that is unknown in Ohio.... just google "New Rome Ohio", the town and PD there were so blatently corrupt they state passed legislation aimed specificly at dizzolving the town.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Another link:

www.wxyz.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ_15924_4399531,00.html

Police Officer Sues South Rockwood

By Cheryl Chodun
Web produced by Christine Lasek
January 19, 2006

A local police officer is filing a whistleblower lawsuit for being taken off the job while trying to report a fellow officer for wrongdoing.

Officer Linda Morgan, who has filed the whistleblower lawsuit, told 7 Action News, "It’s been awful. It’s been terrible, for me, my family. You know, there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t wake up and say, ‘How could this be? Why would they do this?’"

The lawsuit has been filed against the Village of South Rockwood. Officer Morgan says one of her fellow officers was working full time for South Rockwood and for Luna Pier at the same time, and she felt he was cheating one of the communities.

"I became suspicious that he was on duty in Luna Pier and billing South Rockwood for the same time frames," she explained.

According to Linda, she told her chief, the police commission, the city council and the treasurer, and finally she went to state police to investigate.

Linda says criminal wrongdoing is suspected, and she, "was told by the prosecutor that he has the case."

But it is what happened after all this that has shaken Officer Morgan’s belief in the system. She was suspended without pay for allegedly not following the chain of command, while the officer in question is still on the job.

Donald Cutler, who is Linda Morgan’s lawyer, told 7 Action News, "The jury’s going to look at her, and say, ‘What did she do wrong? What did she do right? Why is she punished for being good?’"

"I did the right thing," Linda maintains. "I did what I knew I had a duty and a job to do, and what my conscious told me was the right thing to do."

7 Action News also spoke with the Village president, as well as the lawyer for the Village. Both maintain that they cannot and will not comment until they have reviewed all the allegations in the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Perhaps you missed the part of the article where it was her job to review the timesheets.

Again, disgraceful attitude displayed here by LEOs. Why don't we take the same attitude. Why don't we ask the police to mind their own business. I'm sure most of us here would prefer the police mind their own business when they oh say see someone smoking a cigarette on a front porch.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#29]
You imply that I am justifing his actions.  I am not.  I just can't stand whistleblowers because 90% of the time, they are doing it because they want a personal gain or they have an ax to grind, and probably would have looked the other way if it had been a different person/etc that they didn't have an ax to grind with.  Many times innocent people get caught in the debris that falls out when something like this occurs, and that isn't right.  If he was wrong, then he should be delt with appropriately.  She should really think of trying a different line of work.....like being an injury attorney  .  Corruption is bad, but I'm thinking that he dumped her, or he got picked up full time and she didn't, or something along those lines.  He got something that she felt ENTITLED to (anyone feeling that they are entitled to anything more than the basic rights that this country was founded upon needs to be bitchslapped).  

Oh...and I'm NOT a LEO!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You think police make too little for their level of education?

Most cop jobs in my area start out in the low 20's to almost 30g's a year. Even those with a 4 year degree only make about 35 to 40.

They should move to the Boston area. Many make six figures.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You imply that I am justifing his actions.  I am not.  I just can't stand whistleblowers because 90% of the time, they are doing it because they want a personal gain or they have an ax to grind, and probably would have looked the other way if it had been a different person/etc that they didn't have an ax to grind with.  Many times innocent people get caught in the debris that falls out when something like this occurs, and that isn't right.  If he was wrong, then he should be delt with appropriately.  She should really think of trying a different line of work.....like being an injury attorney  .  Corruption is bad, but I'm thinking that he dumped her, or he got picked up full time and she didn't, or something along those lines.  He got something that she felt ENTITLED to (anyone feeling that they are entitled to anything more than the basic rights that this country was founded upon needs to be bitchslapped).  

Oh...and I'm NOT a LEO!

That is ok...we have the term JBTA for ppl. like you.

Her motivations for going after him might be bad, who's to know? However, his way to cover his ass on allegations, is to do what? Not break the law! Novel concept...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#32]
If you read the post....I said:  If he is wrong, he should be dealt with.  I think that implies that I don't think he is above the law.  I just don't think that whistleblowers really ever have a benign reason for blowing the whistle.  They want something from it.  That's wrong, morally.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could be wrong of course, but I doubt she would have gone outside the department and to the State of Michigan without enough evidence to back her story up...

Any outcome wouldn't surprise me, nor would either persons behavior/ motives.

I'll wait for the everything to come out.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll reserve judgement for a full report after the investigation is completed.

My Ex is friends with her or something. Workin on finding out what exactly the deal is. Could 've been worse, the officer could have been using a cell phone.

Cool, I would love to hear what you find out, assuming it is for public consumption considering there is an active case and all...

and where in post did i say i was going to share such info? I'm told there is 2 Rockwood PDs , A north & south. I now believe the female Ofc that the X might know is in the other dept.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not necessarily. We had a female officer/jailer who wanted patrol duty. Was passed over because she was not capable. Went to the state, hired a lawyer, filed suit etc. They ended up putting her on patrol and she lasted 2 weeks. She could not handle it, quit, then tried to sue the department.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll reserve judgement for a full report after the investigation is completed.

My Ex is friends with her or something. Workin on finding out what exactly the deal is. Could 've been worse, the officer could have been using a cell phone.

Cool, I would love to hear what you find out, assuming it is for public consumption considering there is an active case and all...

and where in post did i say i was going to share such info? I'm told there is 2 Rockwood PDs , A north & south. I now believe the female Ofc that the X might know is in the other dept.

LOL...if you want to chime in that you have info, then not share, then all the power to you...I guess that makes you special...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If you read the post....I said:  If he is wrong, he should be dealt with.  I think that implies that I don't think he is above the law.  I just don't think that whistleblowers really ever have a benign reason for blowing the whistle.  They want something from it.  That's wrong, morally.

Well, if he feels her whistle blowing on him was motivated in some way, he can always take that to the press...

Whistle blowing on him...now that sounds funny...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Bimbo wants a full time job. Man is working 2 full jobs, one of which she wants, which pisses her off so she complains about it to superiors who tell her the guy is doing a good job and has already told them he is working at two jobs. She is not happy so she continues to complain to anyone stupid enough to listen to her bitching. City and or chief has finally had enough of the bitch so he kicks her to the curb. Bimbo complains that it's now all about "harassment" and the rest of the crap they usually spout.

Bimbos are bimbos even if they have an uniform on. With this level of attitude, I can see why they would not keep her or promote her. Sounds as if she needs a bit of growing up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not necessarily. We had a female officer/jailer who wanted patrol duty. Was passed over because she was not capable. Went to the state, hired a lawyer, filed suit etc. They ended up putting her on patrol and she lasted 2 weeks. She could not handle it, quit, then tried to sue the department.

I'm sure there are baseless accusations thrown around all departments...tit for tat and all of that. If there is some scorning going on, just goes to show you shouldn't fuck around with coworkers...in any "profession"...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Bimbo wants a full time job. Man is working 2 full jobs, one of which she wants, which pisses her off so she complains about it to superiors who tell her the guy is doing a good job and has already told them he is working at two jobs. She is not happy so she continues to complain to anyone stupid enough to listen to her bitching. City and or chief has finally had enough of the bitch so he kicks her to the curb. Bimbo complains that it's now all about "harassment" and the rest of the crap they usually spout.

Bimbos are bimbos even if they have an uniform on. With this level of attitude, I can see why they would not keep her or promote her. Sounds as if she needs a bit of growing up.

If our mods went after broad comments regarding women like they do about police (or those in uniform) then we wouldn't have many posts on here lol...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

While it may be true that she wants a full time job, it does not excuse the double billing nor the toleration of the double billing.

And your justification, which seems to be based solely on calling her a bimbo, is seriously fucked up, and the attitude behind that is why the American public don't trust the police. If a civilian has a complaint then the civilian was probably up to no good, the cop just didn't find the crime. If a cop has a complaint about another cop, she's a bimbo and a rat. Yep, any justification to excuse bad behavior. It would be funny if the people with this attitude weren't bestowed with more powers than your average Joe Six-pack.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if he feels her whistle blowing on him was motivated in some way, he can always take that to the press...

Yes it does sound funny.  Was the only way I could make that sentence work out.  If you want to take me to grammar school, I'll meet ya there.  Otherwise, get off my sentence as I have better things to do then watching you pick apart a sentence because you have nothing better to do than complain about someting as irrelevent as that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it does sound funny.  Was the only way I could make that sentence work out.  If you want to take me to grammar school, I'll meet ya there.  Otherwise, get off my sentence as I have better things to do then watching you pick apart a sentence because you have nothing better to do than complain about someting as irrelevent as that.

The sensitivity of an online general discussion board is insane...I was criticizing my own "whistle blowing on him"...Jeeze...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

This is where I would put my money.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While it may be true that she wants a full time job, it does not excuse the double billing nor the toleration of the double billing.

And your justification, which seems to be based solely on calling her a bimbo, is seriously fucked up, and the attitude behind that is why the American public don't trust the police. If a civilian has a complaint then the civilian was probably up to no good, the cop just didn't find the crime. If a cop has a complaint about another cop, she's a bimbo and a rat. Yep, any justification to excuse bad behavior. It would be funny if the people with this attitude weren't bestowed with more powers than your average Joe Six-pack.

Hard to disagree with any of that...we aren't talking about garbage men, er, sanitation engineers here...I have to drive thru both of these communities now and again, I want to make sure I don't get pulled over by the same cop, in two different jurisdictions, on the same shift...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Well as I read it, the guy did nothing wrong, seemed to do his job, some of which was probably on weekends as he did the "junk patrol" bit, his bosses had no problems with his work, BUT some "woman" cop [you'll happy now?] [and I GUARANTEE something pissed her off with this guy on a personal level] wants him gone because based on HER special powers of observation as a low level officer he was somehow dbl dipping, even tho the city and dept and the chief knew about the arrangement.

And I work well over 80 hours MANY weeks out of the year, if some "woman" wanted to bitch just about that alone with no true proof of falsifying I'd file a complaint against HER, and follow up with with a civil suits if she did not leave me alone. She sounds like a WHACK JOB "woman" with an attitude and a lawyer who did not get the job she wanted.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the "bimbo"?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow.

After reading this whole thing... I come to the conclusion that most, (I said most) of the people here complaining about the officer who reported the alleged "double-dipping" would not have said anything had the officer been male.

Just fucking sad.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Well as I read it, the guy did nothing wrong, seemed to do his job, some of which was probably on weekends as he did the "junk patrol" bit, his bosses had no problems with his work, BUT some "woman" cop [you'll happy now?] [and I GUARANTEE something pissed her off with this guy on a personal level] wants him gone because based on HER special powers of observation as a low level officer he was somehow dbl dipping, even tho the city and dept and the chief knew about the arrangement.

And I work well over 80 hours MANY weeks out of the year, if some "woman" wanted to bitch just about that alone with no true proof of falsifying I'd file a complaint against HER, and follow up with with a civil suits if she did not leave me alone. She sounds like a WHACK JOB "woman" with an attitude and a lawyer who did not get the job she wanted.

This must be the hardest working cop in the country if he is doing 80 hours a week all the time...

I guess this thread has told me that not only are some citizens looked at as peons, but "women" cops as well aren't looked upon too fondly...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the "bimbo"?

On the female officer being pissed about not having a fulltime slot and the guy has two.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top