Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Damn , over two full pages and it hasn't turned into a full blown WalMart bashing
thread yet .  You guys losing your touch or what ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Checking out with WWB a couple of months ago at Wal-Mart.

Checkout woman: I don't need yo ID, I member you bought bullets last week! Can I look at em?

Me: Sure

Checkout woman: (Opens a box) OOOOooo, thems are big. What dey go in?

Me: A rfile. (didn't see the need to go into detail here)

Checkout woman: I'm gonna get me one dem guns soon. Prolly get one dem handguns. What dey called? Dem Glocks? Hell yeah, I needs me a gun!

Checkout woman at next register: Girl you sho don't need no gun. You crazy.

Checkout woman: Sh*t! Yes I do! It be dangerous round here. I be bustin a cap in somebody's ass dey try anything wit me. Course I have to learn how to shoot! Get me some dem targets! Hehehehe hahahaha. Oh girl, you prolly right I be dangerous if I had me a gun.

Me: Alright, you girls have a good day.

Both: Alright honey, we see you later. Have a good day.

One trip to the range and you could have had her.

Ahh, jungle fever
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

WM Employee (teenage black kid):  "Yo man, whatchu need?"

Me: (with a grin) "Forties and nines bro, forties and nines.  Two hundred of each."

WM Employee: (grinning back) "Dats tight man."

He would have been an easy convert too.

My new standard reply to cool shit will be "Dats tight man".

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Trip to local Wal-Mart last summer, on the way to the range, bought 200 38 spl., 400 .45ACP, 200 .223, 300 .40, 60 7MM Mag, accidentally muttered somthing about how the people at the capitol were't gonna like me today.....oops (it was a joke)
NOTE: Occurred in Salem,OR
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#5]
We all laugh at this now but how many of you remember having to sign a log book for every box of pistol caliber ammo you bought? That used to be the law here in Texas and thankfully was repealed sometime in the mid 80's I think. When Wal Mart finally ran the local Gibsons store out of business I bought all the .357 mag soft points they had left in stock. I wrote my name in that book for what seemed like days.

I always try to ring up all my purchases in sporting goods at Wal Mart when I buy ammo there. You usually don't have to play 20 questions wit them (usually) like you do with the up front checkers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Funny, when I left Wall-Mart with ammo, I was questioned by the retired guy guarding the door, and he was a fellow shooter and vet from the Korean War.  I spoke with him for a few minutes on the Korean War, he  told me that he was so cold when he was there, and he was 20 years old at the time.  The estimate was it was something like -30F below.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#7]
You should have said:

Woman: What are you going to use all of this for?

I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I usually will just go in when shoping for groceries and pick up a box of this or that...

Usually, I get the, "You only want one?" look....I think most people come in buy much more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Last time I bought some it was 2am and he was not happy at all with me lol i just ignored him and walked out with my .223
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I did my weekly .223 WWB value pack buy out yesterday.  I walked up to the counter and I would take the Winchester .223 value packs, as usual she pulled out the box of the varmint rounds and  told her no not those the ones beside of them.  She pulls a box out and sets it on the counter and I asked her if that was all she had?  She no how many do you want?  I said I want them all!  I walked out with my 13 boxes.

Yeah, I LOVE it when I roll up to WalMart and some guy like you has bought all the damn ammo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
The only time I ever get questioned while buying ammo at Wal-Mart is whether I want a particular brand, bullet grain, bullet type, etc. Most of them couldn't care less what it is I'm buying, they'll just toss something that sounds close to what I asked for and ring it up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I buy ammo in bulk off the internet.

Gotta have it for zombie purposes you know.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#13]
True story while buying 500 or so rounds of Q3131 at Academy:

Checkout Lady:  "You going hunting?"
Me:  "Something like that."

The remainder of the transaction was quite silent, to say the least
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd just ask "what do people usually do with ammo?"

+1
I was questioned like that once, at no less Walmart. I asked him if I was buying a gallon of milk would he ask me what I was going to do with it. He stammered on a little bit, but got the point and shut up. I hate nosy people!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Wonder if anyone is courageous enough to try this:

Go to the bathroom or waterfountain at WMart, splash some water on you face to give the sweaty appearance.

Briskly and forcfully walk up to the ammo counter...

Say in a stern voice: " I NEED SOME 9MM AMMO NOW....I'M IN A HURRY...."

...and quickly look over your shoulder several times
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Me: (with a grin) "Forties and nines bro, forties and nines.  Two hundred of each."

That is my new Sigline!

Thanks.

I purchased 500 rounds each of 9mm and .45ACP plus 13 boxes of .223 WWb this morning.

The customer behind me(20ish white guy) "That all for you" I reply Yes just stocking up. He Says"For What" I reply "Black Helicopters and Zombies"
Him....stunned/horrified look on his face.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I convinced a young gal working sporting goods at Walmart that I use .45's to make fishing lures.  I was buying two boxes of .45's along with a bunch of fishing stuff, and she asked me if I was going to shoot the fish.  I stood there and went into detail about how they were perfect to make weighted lures.  I really made up some good shit, and even showed her where I drilled the holes to attach the hooks.  I honestly think she believed it!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I had to go to WallyWorld today, and in honor of this thread, had to get some more ammo.  Older (mid-60's) guy working behind the counter I'd seen before, but had not been waited on by.  "Don."

Don: "May I help you, sir?"
Me: "Yes, sir.  May I have a box of Winchester .45 auto in the 100 round value pak?"
Don: "Yes, sir.  Here you go.  Anything else?"
Me: "Yes.  What do you have in 12 gauge 2 3/4" slugs, sir?"
Don (withough blinking an eye): "Rifled or sabot?"

Now, for the benefit of all you Wal-Mart bashers, he did pronounce it "sa-bet," but I was grinning so damn much at the fact he knew to ask that I just ignored it and said, "Rifled, please, sir."

Don: "Well, if you want 2 3/4, I have a great deal for you.  I've got Remingtons in a 15-round box for $5.29."
Me: "Great.  I'll take all you have there."
Don: "Only have five boxes.  Do you want me to look in back, sir?"
Me: "No, thanks.  Five will do.  Can I ring all this other stuff up here, too?"
Don: "Yes, sir."

And so it went.  God, I love this state.

Thanks to everyone in this thread, otherwise I may not have thought to go to WallyWorld for ammo today, and I would have had 75 fewer slugs on the shelf.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Due to a unnamed religious group I ended up working at Walmart for a few months.  I was ringing up someone who had about 100 rounds of shotgun shells.   The guys comment to me was, "Have you ever seen anyone buy this much ammo before?"  Without missing a beat, I replied, "Every time I look in the mirror, Sir."   We looked at each other and just started to laugh.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#20]
"why am i buying so much ammo?  actually, i'm training for the olympics.  look for me on TV in 2008!"
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Tell her WTF, you've got more than me!

OMG!!!! I gotta try that....but I never catch any flack when I've bought at Wally-World.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You should have said:

Woman: What are you going to use all of this for?

I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

Or...."Whatever Sam/Kenneth/the voices in my head tell(s) me to do....."

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I convinced a young gal working sporting goods at Walmart that I use .45's to make fishing lures.  I was buying two boxes of .45's along with a bunch of fishing stuff, and she asked me if I was going to shoot the fish.  I stood there and went into detail about how they were perfect to make weighted lures.  I really made up some good shit, and even showed her where I drilled the holes to attach the hooks.  I honestly think she believed it!

Best. Post. Ever.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Walmart doesn't sell ammo in jersey.
Hell, if I asked for some BB gun bellets they might report me to the fbi.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Last time I went the chick got all stupid on me saying it was a waste of ammo to just shoot it at a target. Her words were something along the line of "I could understand if you were sighting in a scope or getting ready to hunt". I felt insulted by the woman. I wanted to go off on her and explain that guns aren't just for killing Bambi and how target shooting can actually be a sport and challenging but I knew I would waste my breat on her dumb ass.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Due to a unnamed religious group I ended up working at Walmart for a few months.

Oh, I have GOT to hear the story behind that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if it was a morbidly obese person at Mcdonalds buying 10 big macs, if an employee would get fired for asking "What do you need ALL the cheeseburgers for anyway?!"
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#28]
"I'm making a withdrawal this morning."
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#29]

"what are you going to do with all that ammo?"

Other patrons at the shop as me that all the time
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I would have told her I use to drown out the voices in my head.

Thats funny I have 20+ boxes of WWB 223 and they never talk to me or ask for my ID

Its good to live in NC.

FREE
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#31]
If they ask you that, just tell them, "Oh, they make great suppositories."

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#32]
At the Wally World I shop at you can only purchase ammo at the sporting goods counter.  So every time I go there to pick up something (groceries) which is every other day it seems like I do my shopping I head sporting goods counter to pick up a couple hundred rounds along with my groceries or whatever else I get.  They are getting very used to me at that counter.  I don’t even get strange looks.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#33]
You're lucky they even have ammo for you to buy. EVERY time I go into my local WM, they are out of the Winchester 9mm 100-rd valuepacks. I finally got ticked enough to gripe to the clerk that "damn man, do they only allocate this store 3 boxes a week or something? I can't drop in every dang day hoping you got some in. Why don't you guys get enough in so that customers can actually buy it?"

I've given up on WM for any type of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Try buying 2 full carts full. Hell out in the country they did not even blink there eyes twice. I had one guy ask me why I wanted 150 rounds of slugs for.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#35]
"what are you going to do with all that ammo?"

They get real uppity when you reply...

"Hopefully only shoot it at paper."

Once I replied with the single word "motorcade", but the kid behind the counter had no idea what I was talking about.  Probably a good thing now that I think about it.

I really don't shop for ammo at Walmart that often though.  A relatively local shop has a good deal on Federal XM193.  500 rounds for $94 (plus tax) and always have atleast a pallet on hand.  My greatest fear is that my local arfcommers will find out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So I go to Walmart and buy some ammo for my trip to the range.  I didn't really get that much, just (1) 100rd WWB od .40 S&W, (1) 100rd WWB of .380, and (4) 40rd boxes of WWB .223.  Not really that much....

So after the lady brings it to the counter...she just gives me this blank look and says "what are you going to use all of this for??"  I then told her "I'm going to the range this morning".  She then proceeds to ask me "so what range are you going to...where is it at?".  She said it with a tone that made me thing she thought I was going to rob a bank or something.  I just told her "the local range".

After she range me up I got the hell out of there.  I'm surprised that someone working behind the ammo counter would be so weird about me buying ammo.  I guess she's never see someone come in and by more than one box of ammo before.

I wonder what kind of reactions some of you guys get when you go in and buy 10+ boxes of WWB .223 ammo?  

Did you ever even entertain the thought that she was intrigued and may have enjoyed shooting with you at the range? My buddy, Luckey, and I take chics, that we just meet,  to the range all the time.

Here in Alabama, as soon as some little girl finds out that you're into guns they, usually, ask "well... when we goin shootin'?".

No problems, here, at Walmart, at all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Can't sell handgun ammo in town went to Wal-Mart to buy some .22 guy asked me what are you going to use these in not thinking I said pistol.......Sorry can't sell them to you......so if I would have said rifle the sale would have went through.....How fucking stupid is that......

Similar here.

Wal-Mart won't sell handgun ammo to anyone younger than 21.
So if you say it is for a handgun, you have to show an ID.
If it is for a rifle, they will sell it to anyone.

Funny, when I buy a case of Budweiser, they don't ask me if I'm going to drink it,
or wash my hair with it.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Last time I went the chick got all stupid on me saying it was a waste of ammo to just shoot it at a target. Her words were something along the line of "I could understand if you were sighting in a scope or getting ready to hunt". I felt insulted by the woman. I wanted to go off on her and explain that guns aren't just for killing Bambi and how target shooting can actually be a sport and challenging but I knew I would waste my breat on her dumb ass.

Elmer Fudd has a wife?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Walk up with a hacksaw and pantyhose, then calmy ask to see the mossberg 12 guage.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
"I'm making a withdrawal this morning."

Then ask were the gloves and ski masks are.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Walk up with a hacksaw and pantyhose, then calmy ask to see the mossberg 12 guage.

Reminder to self ----> What to do on April 1st.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Due to a unnamed religious group I ended up working at Walmart for a few months.

Oh, I have GOT to hear the story behind that.

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I have bought 2500 rounds at Wallmart and all I got was a sank you.

Ditto, pretty much normal here in the Gunshine state.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#44]
I was just up at the local Wal-Mart and bought some .45 and .223. I went with the .45 Blazin Brass and .223 Winchester. I had to wait about thirty minutes for the with out a clue clerk to mess up another persons firearm transaction. The clerk fill out and called the transaction in and everything was approved. He then had to call a manager to do her thing!! She noticed that the model on the gun did not match the paperwork. She also notices the customer had one address on his DL and another on the form. These people need to be schooled up on this.. Just venting bare with me.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I got a reprint fishing license today and cleaned them out of Wini white 55FMJ. The older gentleman behind the counter asked me if I was going to shoot the fish.

I told him no, that's what the explosives are for.

He just smiled and said, "I like your style."
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#46]
"I'm going to shoot it, what the fuck you think ammo is for bitch!"
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#47]
"Same thing I'm gonna do with this axe, use it as a tool."

Just kidding.  I've been asked "What's all this for?" a few times.  I usually respond, "To shoot of course."
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Just look at them with a dead serious and say, "hold on"

Go the the movie section and grab a copy of DOTD. When you get back look around like you are being surveiled and slip them the DVD. Tell them is a life saving documentary that will forever change the way they look at everyday life. Be sure and tell them how it woke you up to the truth about the dangers and also give them some quick tips. "This documentary reveals the rare strain that enables Zombies to run until they decay" As you walk away from the coutner after your purchase just say. "Pray its not the running virus."
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Your answer should have been......

"Whateve be HIS will.....Praise be to Allah...Allah Allah Ahkbar"

That would take care of it.....

You owe me the 30 seconds I spent cleaning my laptop after I spewed beer on it.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top