BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just got back from the drive through about 30 minutes ago.   I ordered a double burger with cheese - just like it reads on the menu.  It's one of those meal combinations designated by a number (with fries & an iced tea).  

"Would you like cheese on that?"  

"On my cheeseburger?  Uh...sure."

The total came to $5.40 - I handed her $6.15.  I had 15 pennies & decided to swap out.  She gave me a confused look and repeated the price, "Your total is $5.40."  

"$5.40, yes.  Just give me three quarters back, please."

A momentary pause before the light finally went on..."O...K....oh, alright. "

The drive-thru is set up to take your money at one window and pickup the food at the next.  When I got to the 2nd window, a silly looking blockhead, nearly sticking his face all the way out of the tiny window says loudly (and with a smile), "Please pullupparking."  "What??" "Pullupparking...you pullupparking, she bring the food."

Of course, I'm not complaining and this certainly isn't unusual for the fast food industry around here but it did stir my curiousity as to whether or not everyone else experiences this in their neighborhoods.

You did NOT order a cheesburger.  You ordered a burger with cheese.

Suppose she didn't hear you when you said "double burge with garble garble"

No the money thing, well thats just common, who do you think works at the drive through, college grads?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
heh heh,

My uncle ordered some ice cream dish at a drive through that had walnuts on top (Dairy Queen I think).

The girl asks "would you like your nuts crushed?"

He said "Damned that would hurt".

The girl couldn't look him in the eye and was beet red when we got to the window.

Don't know why it was so funny but I laugh every time I think about it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#3]
"......a double cheeseburger, onion rings & a LARGE ORANGE DRINK!!!!!"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Just got back from the drive through about 30 minutes ago.   I ordered a double burger with cheese - just like it reads on the menu.  It's one of those meal combinations designated by a number (with fries & an iced tea).  

"Would you like cheese on that?"  

"On my cheeseburger?  Uh...sure."

The total came to $5.40 - I handed her $6.15.  I had 15 pennies & decided to swap out.  She gave me a confused look and repeated the price, "Your total is $5.40."  

"$5.40, yes.  Just give me three quarters back, please."

A momentary pause before the light finally went on..."O...K....oh, alright. "

The drive-thru is set up to take your money at one window and pickup the food at the next.  When I got to the 2nd window, a silly looking blockhead, nearly sticking his face all the way out of the tiny window says loudly (and with a smile), "Please pullupparking."  "What??" "Pullupparking...you pullupparking, she bring the food."

Of course, I'm not complaining and this certainly isn't unusual for the fast food industry around here but it did stir my curiousity as to whether or not everyone else experiences this in their neighborhoods.

Yes, many times.

Last experience was at Wendy’s and I ordered a Bacon cheeseburger then I was asked if I wanted Heakcon chon tuh hurger?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Most the time the drive through people are ok and I don't have a problem. However,the other day, I was going through and ordered my food. The girl had to read back what I ordered 4 times before she got it right. It was almost like she heard the complete opposite of what I ordered.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Idiot at drive-thru "I'd like my order to go please."

Think that's stupid?

Some time ago I went going through a drive-thru at one of the major Fast Food joints ... At the end of the ordering process the kid asked me "Is that for here or to go?"

So I guess stupid goes both ways.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Idiot at drive-thru "I'd like my order to go please."

Think that's stupid?

Some time ago I went going through a drive-thru at one of the major Fast Food joints ... At the end of the ordering process the kid asked me "Is that for here or to go?"

So I guess stupid goes both ways.

At In-N-Out Burger they ask you if you'll eat your order "in the car" and if you say yes, they'll give it to you in an open-top box, otherwise it comes in a bag.

However, it has always been a long standing joke for people to ask for their drive-thru orders "to go" to try and somehow be funny.  I sometimes wonder if the employee is looking for a smart-ass reaction if they ask if its for here or to go?

Seriously, both sides realize this is most likely a joke, yet they still make an argument.  <shrug>
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Fast food people can be stupid sometimes, but sometimes they have to deal with stupid people.  Textbook example: my friends.

I had this one friend who was obssessed with mozarella sticks.  Had to have them whenever he saw them on a menu.  A girl we knew decided to be funny and tell him that she got mozarella sticks at In-n-out.  The next time he went to In-n-out, it happened to be with me, and when we got to the speaker at the drive thru, I gave them my order and asked him what he wanted.  Of course, the mozarella sticks.  So I asked for mozarella sticks.  "Uhh, sir, we don't sell mozarella sticks.  This is In-n-out."  I'm sure, to this day, I'm probably the only person who has ever asked for mozarella sticks at In-n-out, the restaraunt with probably the smallest, simplest menu ever.

A few weeks ago I took my friend and his girlfriend shooting.  They asked to stop at McDonalds.  I wasn't hungry, so I just pulled forward and let my friend order from the back of my truck.  So he asks what his g/f wants.  A fish filet with no mayo, and could you add whole lettuce.  She then added, NOT SHREDDED LETTUCE!  This is so hideous a meal that I'm sure nobody has ever asked for it.

Here's the conversation:

Friend: "Can I get a fish filet" (he pronounced it fi-let instead of fi-lay, because he thinks he's funny) "with no mayo, and could you add whole lettuce, not shredded lettuce"
Lady who barely speaks English: "No."
Friend's g/f: "But they gave it to me at the other one!"
Friend: "They gave it to us at the other one."
Lady: "No."
Friend: "What?  Just give us the sandwich."
Lady: "No."

The last few lines are repeated about 5 times.  After asking over and over again, the lady finally says yes.  We pull forward and when we pay I apologize for having stupid friends.  As we pull away and my friend's g/f starts eating her fish filet, she opens it up and says "They put shredded lettuce!"

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I've very rarely been to a "fast food place" that was actually fast.  Hell, sometimes you could have gone to a sit down place and finished before you got your food....and have it be halfway decent.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Get this, I order my burger with NOTHN on it, just meat and bun, thats it.  9 out of 10 times it has everything on it.  One time I got pissed and told them " hell you arent gonna get it right anyway so just put whatever you want on it."  SOMEHOW it came the way I like it....figure  that one out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#11]
No cheebuger, only Kokalash with crab juice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No cheebuger, only Kokalash with crab juice.

OH god..... Mountain Dew?...... I'll take the crab juice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#13]
No one should eat fast food.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok so lets see.

First if you want your order right in the drive turn off your F600 Turbo diesel because thats all you can hear through the headset and you will get the fish.

This also holds true for loud stereos in your car or six behind you.

Speak towards the speaker and do not mumble your order to your toothless date that is yelling at you from the other seat.

If you have a VERY LARGE ORDER come inside so you do not hold up the drivethru for everyone else! "I only ordered 25 #3's half with cheese, no pickle, no salt fries, BAGGED SEPERATLEY. SO WHATS THE HOLD UP?"

Remember everyone in line in the drive thru affects everyone else. one person who wants to change her whole order at the window after it is bagged and ready to go is only holding you up.

Have your money ready when you get to the window as this speeds things up for everyone. do not be supprised that you have to pay and search for your money or change in the trunk. seconds add up and slows you down.

STAY OFF YOUR CELL PHONE. this is a huge speed killer when someone pulls up to order and talks on their phone for 5 min before looking at the menu. same goes at the window. Do not complain if you did not get all the condiments you wanted because when we asked, you were to involved in your conversation on the cell phone to answer. I know it is your car and your time and we very much appreciate your bussiness, but i feel it rude to be on the phone anywhere and try to interact with someone.

The other thing i find funny is people who call to complain that there food is cold after they took 30 mins to get home in 30 degree weather. well of course its cold! you want it hot, eat it in you car now or come inside.

And while i am at it, do not pour your old drink out on the concrete to stain it. take your ashtray contents, old fast food cups, diapers, gum, trash from your car, spit cups, etc. and put it in the trash! I do not come to your house and throw trash in the yard.

Now this is my own personal experience and I know most fast food workers have no brain and could care less if you ever come back. but there are a few good ones left you just have to search for them and keep going back.

I am now ready for the backlash, lets have it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#15]
They asked you to pull forward?

NEVER do that, they will ALWAYS screw up your order, and you either have to walk in, or go back through the drive through to get it fixed.

Politely tell them "No thanks. I was here first, its my turn."

Put your car in park, then just smile.

You would be surprised how quickly you get your order after that....and its usually correct, WITH napkins and catchup.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top