Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/19/2006 12:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 12:48:38 PM EDT by wump]
well last night i had my last dip, doing pretty good so far today. ive chewed about 1 can a day for over 10 years. had a few cravings but i just chewed some gum. Wish me luck!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:09:52 PM EDT
That's a decsion you will some day look back on as one of the best you ever made. I quit last March, after 24 years. Check out www.whyquit.com. Start with the 'we died young'.

It does get easier. After a month you'll wonder what the big deal was. Just remember you'll never have one dip again the rest of your life. You'll have none or a million, your choice. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:14:27 PM EDT
Keep it up, sounds like you're doing well so far. Stick it out for three days and you're a good chunk of the way to home free.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:19:47 PM EDT
I smoked and dipped for 17 or so years. Quit smoking once for four months, eight months, one year and FOUR YEARS only to start back up. Have not had a cigarette since March last year! I veiw giving up smoking as LOADS easier than quitting dipping, which I still do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:20:43 PM EDT

now stock up on the chewing GUM my friend
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:22:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tim_1911:
That's a decsion you will some day look back on as one of the best you ever made. I quit last March, after 24 years. Check out www.whyquit.com. Start with the 'we died young'.

It does get easier. After a month you'll wonder what the big deal was. Just remember you'll never have one dip again the rest of your life. You'll have none or a million, your choice. Good luck.

No lie. I quit cold turkey. Went 5 yrs, had a dip at work due to some stress. 999,999 later, I am looking to quit again. Only took 4 so far today.

Tapering off this time.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:26:52 PM EDT
I quit last month after 20 yrs. I am chewing the crap out of sunflower seeds and gum. You can do it!
Top Top