Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 12:48:02 PM EDT
well last night i had my last dip, doing pretty good so far today.  ive chewed about 1 can a day for over 10 years.  had a few cravings but i just chewed some gum.  Wish me luck!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a decsion you will some day look back on as one of the best you ever made.  I quit last March, after 24 years.  Check out www.whyquit.com.  Start with the 'we died young'.  

It does get easier.  After a month you'll wonder what the big deal was.  Just remember you'll never have one dip again the rest of your life.  You'll have none or a million, your choice.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep it up, sounds like you're doing well so far.  Stick it out for three days and you're a good chunk of the way to home free.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I smoked and dipped for 17 or so years.  Quit smoking once for four months, eight months, one year and FOUR YEARS only to start back up.  Have not had a cigarette since March last year!  I veiw giving up smoking as LOADS easier than quitting dipping, which I still do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#4]

now stock up on the chewing GUM   my friend
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's a decsion you will some day look back on as one of the best you ever made.  I quit last March, after 24 years.  Check out www.whyquit.com.  Start with the 'we died young'.  

It does get easier.  After a month you'll wonder what the big deal was.  Just remember you'll never have one dip again the rest of your life.  You'll have none or a million, your choice.  Good luck.

No lie.  I quit cold turkey.  Went 5 yrs, had a dip at work due to some stress.  999,999 later, I am looking to quit again.  Only took 4 so far today.

Tapering off this time.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I quit last month after 20 yrs.  I am chewing the crap out of sunflower seeds and gum.  You can do it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top