Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/18/2006 2:45:21 PM EDT
Does anyone here have a diagram or idea on how to wire up a Johnson G65-130-1 130000 BTU furnace? I have a diagram on how to bring the power in and tie it to the fan power , Honeywell control unit, and a transformer. It does not say where the thermostat wires connect or what connects to the transformer. There are two leads that connect to a valve on the gas regulator unit, but I am not sure if these go to the transformer or not.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:58:38 PM EDT
Anyone? It is kind of cold.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:03:45 PM EDT
there should be a terminal block or a wire bundle somewhere. Sometimes there is a small box with the wires in it. Jump W or white with R or red and it should run in heat until you pull the jumper. Or hook the thermostat to those two.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:18:02 PM EDT
IF it is a standing pilot type gas valve you wire the 2 wires from the transformer, to the R&W terminals on the thermostat, and the 2-terminals on the gas valve in a series type wiring connection. It will be like a loop connection or "daisy chain" from each device.

In other words take 1 wire from the transformer (low voltage side) and run it to the R terminal on the stat. From the W terminal on the stat to one side of the gas valve. From the other terminal of the valve go back to the remaining wire on the transformer. That is your basic series connection. It may have the low volt circuit run through a high limit so be careful not to bypass any safeties. Once it's wired like above light the pilot and hopefully you'll be back in action.

If it is a newer electronic iginition type system there are way too many variables for me to type here.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:24:22 PM EDT
Is this a new furnace or an existing one?
Top Top