Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Illegal aliens are NOT Americans.

Sure they are, they're mostly South Americans.

Mexico is in South America?

Nahh, I screwed up the damn joke.  I meant south of the American border.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yes.  "ordinary" citzens are functional idiots. Rain breathers. Half of them voted for Gore.

Our local Sheriff is a devout Democrat and campaigned heavily for the renewal of the AW Ban.

Next.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I can go along with the below, Good answers SoCalJBT

GM

ETA: for fun

Quoted:
Answers in RED.

1. Do you believe certain Americans are less deserving of rights?

Yes, those in custody obviously have limited rights, and they shouldn't be allowed to sue to get a better breakfast cereal while they're in prison.  Also, those convicted of violent felonies should have their firearms rights limited if not revoked.

2. Do you ever have to work outside the letter of the law to get things done?

No, as police officers enforce the law, they must work within the confines of the law.

3. Are law enforcement officers, by virtue of their position, sometimes above ordinary Americans?

Above, no.  Are we often held to a higher standard, yes.  Consider "Mayor" Marion Berry.  He used cocaine and was ousted from office.  Then later, he was re-elected.  Once a cop has used, he's done for life.

4. Do law enforcement officers deserve special consideration of privledges?

Yes, risking one's life throughout their career should entitle them to a retirement CCW, not that I'm against all people having CCWs.

5. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a major crime?

No, we'll get them next time.

6. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a minor crime?

No, we'll get them next time.

7. Is it in any way part of your job to punish criminals?

No, but if they fail to submit to arrest, they might get hurt.  Don't confuse that with punishment.

8. If somebody has broken no laws, are they still subject to your authority?

Yes. The public gives police officers the necessary authority to enforce law and ensure public safety.

9. Are police officers who break the law the same as other criminals?

No, they often are treated much more harshly.  Ever seen the average Joe Blow be found not guilty in state court, and then have federal civil rights charges filed against them?

10. If you were a prohibition officer, would you have arrested people for possession of alcohol?

Yes. They enforce the law, they cannot interpret the law. This is why you don't want "bad laws."

Well, this is the world according to me.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I agree with every thing he said.

As would 99% of police officers, IMHO.

Quoted:
I can go along with the below, Good answers SoCalJBT

snip

Thank you, sirs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
1. Do you believe certain Americans are less deserving of rights? No, former convicts should have full rights, otherwise if you feel they don't deserve them keep them locked up

2. Do you ever have to work outside the letter of the law to get things done? No

3. Are law enforcement officers, by virtue of their position, sometimes above ordinary Americans?No

4. Do law enforcement officers deserve special consideration of privledges? No

5. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a major crime?No

6. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a minor crime? No

7. Is it in any way part of your job to punish criminals?No

8. If somebody has broken no laws, are they still subject to your authority? No

9. Are police officers who break the law the same as other criminals?Yes

10. If you were a prohibition officer, would you have arrested people for possession of alcohol? No

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I want to play.

1. Do you believe certain Americans are less deserving of rights?

No. All Americans, even suspected criminals have the same rights as any American.
Basically agreed, except for those who have temporarily or permanently lost those rights. Does it help toward my JBT status if I didn't really like giving you this answer? While I would disagree that ALL private citizens are "functional idiots" - I think the real figure is more like 50-75% - I deal with enough of them that I can't help thinking "they have made themselves into slaves anyway - they don't care about their rights"

2. Do you ever have to work outside the letter of the law to get things done?

No. As police officers enforce the law, they must work within the confines of the law.
Agreed, 100%. I find the idea of working outside the law or bending the rules to "get" someone morally repellent.

3. Are law enforcement officers, by virtue of their position, sometimes above ordinary Americans?
No. Just as representatives of Congress were suppossed to be ordinary Americans who do a service, so are LE officers. They perform a public service and are no different than firemen or paramedics.
In one sense, very much yes! I generally like and respect police officers, giving them the benefit of the doubt. Their actions sometimes rise to the heroic. But that's NOT by "virtue of their position", that is earning respect, a different thing.

4. Do law enforcement officers deserve special consideration of privledges?

No. Just as those who seek political power are generally unsuitable for that reason alone, the same can be said of those who seek LE positions for similar reasons.
Again, not "by virtue of their position" . I try my best to show respect to those that deserve it, and if that means special considerations or privileges, so be it.

5. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a major crime?
6. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a minor crime?

No. Police officers may not violate and enforce laws.
No to both of these. See #2, above. It's wrong, with a capital "W".

7. Is it in any way part of your job to punish criminals?

No. Police officers are not judges or presecutors.
Gotta quibble a little here: it's part of their job to testify in court, which is part of the process of punishing criminals. Also, when the defendant fights, resists arrest, it would seem (and I'm no tactical expert) that the best way to keep everyone from getting hurt is to put the clown out of the fight as quickly as possible. It just seems like a mighty hard line to draw when someone is whaling the tar out of you.

8. If somebody has broken no laws, are they still subject to your authority?

Yes. The public gives police officers the necessary authority to enforce law and ensure public safety.
The prospective JBT's authority to do what? I think this is a trick question . The true JBT will begin salivating at the phrase "subject to my authority".

9. Are police officers who break the law the same as other criminals?

Yes. Criminals are criminals.
A qualified agreement - If I were sitting on a jury, and he/she was found guilty of a crime I found legally wrong, but not morally wrong, and he had a good record of public service. I would definitely take it into consideration. I'd probably be lenient in any case, but I'd take anyone who otherwise served the public over the ordinary joe who while otherwise legal, never does an unselfish thing in his life.

10. If you were a prohibition officer, would you have arrested people for possession of alcohol?

Yes. They enforce the law, they cannot interpret the law. This is why you don't want "bad laws."
It would probably depend on whether anyone was looking. J/K

Cool test. I liked it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top