Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:52:06 AM EDT
Tell-tale parrot exposes cheating girlfriend  
Report: Ziggy squawked, ‘I love you, Gary,’ but his owner’s name was Chris

LONDON - Chris Taylor, a 30-year-old British computer programmer, grew suspicious of his live-in girlfriend when his pet parrot began to imitate her saying, “I love you, Gary.”

Ziggy, an 8-year-old African gray parrot, would also make kissing noises whenever the name Gary was mentioned on TV and would mimic Suzy Collins saying, “Hiya, Gary,” every time she answered her mobile phone.

Confronted with the evidence, Collins admitted to a month-long affair with a coworker named Gary and moved out of their shared Leeds apartment that same night.

Tell-tale parrot exposes cheating girlfriend
Report: Ziggy squawked, ‘I love you, Gary,’ but his owner’s name was Chris

LONDON - Chris Taylor, a 30-year-old British computer programmer, grew suspicious of his live-in girlfriend when his pet parrot began to imitate her saying, “I love you, Gary.”

Ziggy, an 8-year-old African gray parrot, would also make kissing noises whenever the name Gary was mentioned on TV and would mimic Suzy Collins saying, “Hiya, Gary,” every time she answered her mobile phone.

Confronted with the evidence, Collins admitted to a month-long affair with a coworker named Gary and moved out of their shared Leeds apartment that same night.

“I wasn’t sorry to see the back of Suzy after what she did, but it really broke my heart to let Ziggy go,” Taylor, 30, told the Times of London in its online edition Tuesday. “I love him to bits and I really miss having him around, but it was torture hearing him repeat that name over and over again.

“Ziggy was one in a million; he was a loyal friend, and I have no doubt he was looking out for me.”

Taylor said Ziggy, who was named after a David Bowie song, has found a new home thanks to a local parrot dealer.

Collins, 25, told the newspaper she was staying with friends and said she shed no tears for the tell-tale bird.

“I’m not proud of what I did but I’m sure Chris would be the first to admit we were having problems,” said Collins, a call-center worker. “We had spoken about splitting up several times and I think it was inevitable.”

She added: “I’m surprised to hear he’s got rid of that bloody bird; he spent more time talking to it than he did to me. I couldn’t stand Ziggy, and it looks now the feeling was mutual.”

“I wasn’t sorry to see the back of Suzy after what she did, but it really broke my heart to let Ziggy go,” Taylor, 30, told the Times of London in its online edition Tuesday. “I love him to bits and I really miss having him around, but it was torture hearing him repeat that name over and over again.

“Ziggy was one in a million; he was a loyal friend, and I have no doubt he was looking out for me.”

Taylor said Ziggy, who was named after a David Bowie song, has found a new home thanks to a local parrot dealer.

Collins, 25, told the newspaper she was staying with friends and said she shed no tears for the tell-tale bird.

“I’m not proud of what I did but I’m sure Chris would be the first to admit we were having problems,” said Collins, a call-center worker. “We had spoken about splitting up several times and I think it was inevitable.”

She added: “I’m surprised to hear he’s got rid of that bloody bird; he spent more time talking to it than he did to me. I couldn’t stand Ziggy, and it looks now the feeling was mutual.”

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how parrot tastes?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Reminds me of the Far Side comic.  A couple gangsters are hiding out in a pet shop.  One says to the rest something like, "OK, the cops are onto us.  We have found a new hideout.  Let's repeat the address a couple hundred times so we don't forget it."  Nearby a parrot is watching them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wonder how parrot tastes?

I understand that chicken tastes a lot like parrot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#4]
That reminds me of this story.

There was a guy who thought his wife was cheating on him. He went to the pet store and bought a talking parrot figuring while he was at work, the parrot would see what was going on and later he would talk to the parrot and find out exactly. The only talking parrot they had however, did not have any legs. He could only stay on his perch by wrapping his dick around it. Since the guy was in such a bind, he took him figuring for what he needed it did not matter.

He took the parrot home and after he came back home from work, he got the lowdown from the parrot.

Husband: "Did anyone come over while I was at work?"

Parrot: "Yes, a man came over."

Husband: "Well, what happened?"

Parrot: "Well they talked for a bit and then they started kissing each other."

Husband: "And then.....?"

Parrot: "Well they got closer and closer and then they started undressing."

Husband: "And then....?"

Parrot: "Then she started pulling his pants down."

Husband: "And then......?"

Parrot: "And then he started pulling her shirt off and then her pants."

Parrot:"Then he took off her bra and started kissing her boobs and squeezing them."

Parrot: "Then he pulled off her panties and started licking on her and then......"

Husband: " What the hell happened then, why did you stop?"

Parrot: " 'cause I got a boner and fell off my perch!!!"

Wonder if this is the same parrot?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top