Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:12:02 PM EDT
I was at work when I saw an ad for a company that will turn your loved one's cremated ashes into a diamond for a fee.

My initial thought was that this was BS, but I googled it and one of the first links that came up was........

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2209799.stm

So, would you have this done with someone's ashes? Have it done to yourself? I know that we are all a pile of chemicals and a sack of salt water in the end, but it seems creepy to me to make my relatives into jewelry after they die.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:27:19 PM EDT
They have been doing this for several years. My mom had it done with my brother.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:28:43 PM EDT
Beats sticking them in an urn on your mantle
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:06:15 PM EDT
My wife wants me to put her ashes in a can of paint to do the ceiling with so she'll be able to watch over me. And my new wife...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:11:08 PM EDT
No..Have a buddy load your ashes in shotgun shells and go blow you away out at the range with a bunch of your best buddies...

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:20:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Az_Redneck:
No..Have a buddy load your ashes in shotgun shells and go blow you away out at the range with a bunch of your best buddies...

I want to be mixed in with the cement that is used to make the pedestal of the monument of me I hope that is built.
Top Top