Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I did stupid/crazy shit when I was 15.  I think it's a little heartless to think "good riddance" that the kid is dead.  It's a sad situation all around.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like he got what he was looking for.

ETA: Who the fuck is still in 8th Grade at 15 years old?

No kidding I was 15 in the 11th grade  The kid must have been a real overachiever, a regular Einstein.  

You graduated when you were 16?

Not uncommon, I am graduating when I am 17. Kid deserved it.

I have heard of that now that I think about it, but I have never seen it around here. That makes sense now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Point a gun at a cop (real or otherwise) and end up getting shot.  I like that program.  If you are stupid enough to point a weapon at a cop you are stupid enough to get shot and hopefully be removed from the gene pool.

Hell yes!!

Wow! No JBT comments yet......I'm shocked!

cause the kid actually deserved to get shot

Definitely, but I'm sure someone will be along to bitch, moan and cry about how the cops could have handled it better.

The cops could have handled it differently. Why are we so ready to give up on our children by saying fuck’em, glad the cop shot him, he deserved it?

You people are weak and simple minded.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Point a gun at a cop (real or otherwise) and end up getting shot.  I like that program.  If you are stupid enough to point a weapon at a cop you are stupid enough to get shot and hopefully be removed from the gene pool.

Hell yes!!

Definitely, but I'm sure someone will be along to bitch, moan and cry about how the cops could have handled it better.

The cops could have handled it differently. Why are we so ready to give up on our children by saying fuck’em, glad the cop shot him, he deserved it?

Bullshit

The police handle this in the manner they should have, they should not guess what the intent is or if the actor is a mental case... they should neutralize the threat.

You want to threaten other people lives and play games then to damn bad when you are justifiably shot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell yes!!

Bullshit

The police handle this in the manner they should have, they should not guess what the intent is or if the actor is a mental case... they should neutralize the threat.

You want to threaten other people lives and play games then to damn bad when you are justifiably shot.

Right.......Head shoot our children at the first sign of trouble. You're right up their with the Taliban.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like he got what he was looking for.

ETA: Who the fuck is still in 8th Grade at 15 years old?

No kidding I was 15 in the 11th gradehe

You graduated when you were 16? hr

He might have turned 16 after school got back in 11th grade. That being said, he must have gotten a bump somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell yes!!

Bullshit

Right.......Head shoot our children at the first sign of trouble. You're right up their with the Taliban.

After Columbine and the others, I would not call pointing a gun at a cop "the first sign of trouble"

One less piece of shit in the system, I fully expect to hear his single mommy exclaim "He was just turning his life around"
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

More BS…

No head shoot them when they are threatening to kill other people… and do it ASAP.

How about you trying an actually rational thought… waving a gun around (fake or not) is not "the first sign of trouble" it should be a terminal act.

Now once you have a rational thought try and not throw silly shit like “You're right up their with the Taliban.” around.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I bet that cop feels like shit though, but he did the right thing given the situation.

+1

Nothing more needs to be said.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think if I were 15 and still in the 8th grade, I'd want to end it too.

Someone can be 15 and in the 8th grade and only be held back once.

And if the parents wanted a BIG High School football player they may have held him back from starting until the last year eligible rather than first year eligible.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#11]
"As you can see, it doesn't take a professional to see how close this looks to the real thing. I would not be able to tell the difference," said Joyce Dawley, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement special agent in charge of the investigation.

But maybe it takes a professional to see the difference.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

More BS…

No head shoot them when they are threatening to kill other people… and do it ASAP.

How about you trying an actually rational thought… waving a gun around (fake or not) is not "the first sign of trouble" it should be a terminal act.

Now once you have a rational thought try and not throw silly shit like “You're right up their with the Taliban.” around.

Its a lost cause because of people like you. Move to Afghanistan where you can fit right in.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:36:22 AM EDT
[#13]
It really pains me to say this but:

He did get what was coming to him.

You don't point a gun at a cop.  You do that, you get shot.

And he's "normal" in the fact he has suicidal tendancies and he wanted to run away from home?

Obviously the parents weren't paying attention to something here.  

Edit-This is a terrible situation though, on all levels.  The kid didn't have to die, if he didn't point a gun at that cop.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:37:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would still like to know more about his past, like why he is in the 8th grade at 15?

There were 15 year old 8th graders at the junior high I attended if I remember correctly, but maybe he was held back a year?  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:43:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Stupid hurts. Unbalanced person pointing gun = threat to life. Police aren't expected to magically discern between replicas and loaded firearms.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:44:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Stupid hurts. Unbalanced person pointing gun = threat to life. Police aren't expected to magically discern between replicas and loaded firearms.

+1.
I've seen many COPS episodes where they either take people to jail OR lecture them because police percieve pellet guns as real firearms.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Rotten situation all around.  I hope the deputy recovers quickly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sorry for the kid's family, sorry for the officer (though it was a clean shoot).

Nothing good here.  Nothing.

I agree, sad situation.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
There is not a kid alive that doesn't know what happens if you point anything resembling a gun at a cop:  You get fucking shot.

Kid wanted to commit "suicide by cop".  My only sympathy resides with the cop, and maybe the kids family (on the offhand chance they were actually good parents).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top