Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 12:22:19 PM EDT
of what....my nostrils?  How close do I have to be from the camera?  Just a mug shot?  Head shot?  Picture of my balls?

I'm assuming it's from the elbows up....not sure, never got a passport.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I vote for the balls pic.  It would be sure to start some interesting conversations.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I vote for the balls pic.  It would be sure to start some interesting conversations.

So long as that gets my permit renewed
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to Kinkos.  They do passport photos.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
From the State Department's Guidelines For Passport Photos

7 Steps to Successful Photos

• Frame subject with full face, front view, eyes open
• Make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches
• Center head within frame (see Figure 2 below)
• Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from bottom of photo
• Photograph subject against a plain white or off-white background
• Position subject and lighting so that there are no distracting shadows on the face or background
• Encourage subject to have a natural expression

If you can't make it yourself, a lot of photo finishing places can do one for you while you wait. (or Kinkos like Xinfit says)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#5]
good stuff, thanks guys...just assume take the photo myself and save the cash.....for ammo of course
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#6]
$7.99 @ Walgreens.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
$7.99 @ Walgreens.

actually that isn't so bad!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

travel.state.gov/images/dimensions.gif

I'd hit it.

lol....she ain't bad 'tall.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
good stuff, thanks guys...just assume take the photo myself and save the cash.....for ammo of course

FYI - and I don't know how they do your permit licenses, or if they're like MI's, but they have to be able to be run through a laminator (at whatever temperature)... MI has a note in the CCW application kit to ensure the photo doesn't remelt or anything when it's being laminated. That could get it rejected.

Edit: Oh, and I went to Kinko's for both my original license and for my renewal. On the renewal, when I asked for a passport pic, the girl even said "Is it for a passport or for a CCW?" (she re-framed the shot slightly becuase the pictures are used different sizes) She was very cool when I said "CCW" finally. (I don't like to broadcast)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Put on a fake moustache and glasses for the pic and see if they deny it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FYI - and I don't know how they do your permit licenses, or if they're like MI's, but they have to be able to be run through a laminator (at whatever temperature)... MI has a note in the CCW application kit to ensure the photo doesn't remelt or anything when it's being laminated. That could get it rejected.

Yeah I'm not sure....I think Maine's laws are pretty easy...though a bit heavy on the 'are you aware guns shoot bullets' type questions.  I'm just required to provide to passport sized 2"X2" photos along with my application.  It got sent back to me the first time cause I sent a close up of my face....lol.....

guess it was too much for em.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I (my son actually) just took a decent fairly close picture of myself, and I cropped and printed it myself for my CCW. Ohio requires you bring one in with your application. I did the same thing for a friend and he got his CCW fine too. I just used a fairly cheap 3.2 Mega Pixel digital camera, and used a photo editing software and made it 2"x2". I printed them out on a basic HP copier/scanner/photo printer ($300 2 yrs. ago) on glossy paper. We both got our licenses without a question.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Put them on before you even go in and I bet they don't even notice.

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Hokie,
Does your CCW have a picture on it? Ours (KY) has since the beginning.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hokie,
Does your CCW have a picture on it? Ours (KY) has since the beginning.

Bob

This may be a new thing - I don't know.  Last time I obtained it (original) the town just had the chief of police sign a card.  I ended up going through the extra lengths to get it laminated.  Now....they want a photo to go with the application & background check.  That doesn't bother me at all...I'd only be concerned if they wanted to fingerprint me.

I'm actually wondering if they'll mail back an actual license or something?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Even better - wear a Burka and refuse to remove it due to religious beliefs.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top