Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:02:54 PM EDT
In the thread "My Draw Down Story" What would be your weapon of choice?
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=426707&page=1

I don't care about those that are not armed.  I don't know why you are here.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd have done the same thing as the poster (with the same choice of weapon), except I would have kept it at low ready with my finger off the trigger until he drew a weapon or became an imminent, deadly threat.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
that's a GREAT pic.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
How about:
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
A big mangy mutt type dog....would be alot more fun to watch.  Then you could say "The dog came from nowhere, but I am gonna adopt him now"
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Preparation^

Too funny, Like 3 30 rnd mags for a daytime science nerd.

In picked concealed handgun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked open hand gun b/c if some body is on my propertiy and entering my grage i want them to know i mean bussiness and i also want complete mobility in case shit flies.......
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Like I said in the other post, I would have gone out there with my 870 Express with 18" barrel, four rounds of 00 buck  in the magazine, chamber empty, safety off.  I would do this because my shotgun is what I keep loaded in my house.  Great all purpose weapon, no worries about ricochet or overpenetration, and cycling the action will intimidate most people.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A big mangy mutt type dog....would be alot more fun to watch.  Then you could say "The dog came from nowhere, but I am gonna adopt him now"

And when they shoot the dog, what was your plan?  Run in the house and get a broom?

Quoted:
Like I said in the other post, I would have gone out there with my 870 Express with 18" barrel, four rounds of 00 buck  in the magazine, chamber empty, safety off.  I would do this because my shotgun is what I keep loaded in my house.  Great all purpose weapon, no worries about ricochet or overpenetration, and cycling the action will intimidate most people.  

No overpenetration?  That is the Exit.

00 Went through a Metal Covered Insulated Door and the wall beyond it.
You Might Read This

Granted I would use my AR and I want a Mossberg for the same reason.  Yet unless you have birdshot in it, you always have an over penetration concern.  

"Know your target and what is beyond it."  Even with a .22 or birdshot.

Quoted:
Preparation^

Too funny, Like 3 30 rnd mags for a daytime science nerd.

In picked concealed handgun.

Where were your psychic powers to predict the future when he needed it?

Quoted:
I picked open hand gun b/c if some body is on my propertiy and entering my grage i want them to know i mean bussiness and i also want complete mobility in case shit flies.......

+1 with my M4gery
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No overpenetration?  That is the Exit.

LOL first thing I thought of.

Unfortunately, poll doesn't have combo's, like carbine with concealed handgun (a nice "natural disaster" response kit, as some discovered in N.O.).  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
A Glock 17.  That's one of my dream handguns...since I saw an article in Popular Mechanics.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top