Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 6:56:58 PM EDT
I am experiencing serious performance slow downs using ASP.net 2.0 with TreeViews and Data Grids... Any suggestions???

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am experiencing serious performance slow downs using ASP.net 2.0 with TreeViews and Data Grids... Any suggestions???

Data Grids are normally pretty fast. Are you using an efficient Algorithm in your Application Code?

I don't know about ASP.net 2.0 but for the .Net Framework 1.0 you will get a performance degradation if you don't clear out your .Net Temp Files.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They will do that if you try to load too much data into them at once. It doesn't take a tremendous amount of data, either.  Treeviews, especially, it seems. I had to go to the Infragistics tree which will load branches of the tree only on demand.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They will do that if you try to load too much data into them at once. It doesn't take a tremendous amount of data, either.  Treeviews, especially, it seems. I had to go to the Infragistics tree which will load branches of the tree only on demand.

Why wolfman... I never knew....

Ditto on the Infragistics.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, I'm using infragistics...

The boss was pissed yesterday and said "and don't tell me that it is IE rendering that is slowing down' I explained that IE is slow at rendering 2mb pages
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The boss was pissed yesterday and said "and don't tell me that it is IE rendering that is slowing down' I explained that IE is slow at rendering 2mb pages

2MB page?????????

There's no rational basis for 2MB of textual data on a single web page.

Is this an internal application? If so, is the treeview data relatively static? If so, I'd push an XML file down to the local client machine and use that as a data source.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Hobby level PHP developer tag.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2MB page?????????

There's no rational basis for 2MB of textual data on a single web page.

Yes, there is. But the problem occurs before that.

Is this an internal application? If so, is the treeview data relatively static? If so, I'd push an XML file down to the local client machine and use that as a data source.

Just as slow. The problem is in the rendering.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
yes it is internal....

the app should really be a desktop application....

he's yelling "don't disable the viewstate because I don't know what that is"... "and the team needs to decide that is the way to go" meanwhile no one on the team knows anything about .net
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top