Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 12:00:54 AM EDT
As I was driving home from work tonight after midnight near the University, a man (mid-50s) ran out from a dark side street waving his arms, pleading for me to stop. I pulled over. Blood was thick and heavy on his face. He said he'd just been robbed. I let him in the truck. Two men in a car jumped him (he didn't mention their race), stuck a gun in his face and demanded his laptop computer, cell phone, and all his money. It was that or they'd shoot him, they said. He gave it all to them. They pistol whipped him - I don't know if before, during or after, but his nose was cut bad, and he was bleeding from the back of his head, too. I told him I'd take him wherever he wanted to go: hospital, cop station, to his car, home, wherever. I didn't have a phone, so we couldn't call the cops. He'd been visiting friends or on the way there or something, and wanted to let them know why he hadn't shown up, so we started to drive to that place, then he would contact the cops from there. But, to our good fortune, a cop car was at a stop light just ahead of us, so I honked and flashed my lights, and they stopped and we let them know what had happened. I offered my ID and a statement, but since I wasn't a witness, just a guy who stopped to help, they didn't want it. I left him with the officers and waved good luck as I drove off.

Be careful out there.

GL
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Do prostitutes work the area near the university?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]
And they say students shouldn't be allowed guns (or heaven forbid CCW!) on campus.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:34:34 AM EDT
[#3]
bastages

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Where in Minny did this happen?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where in Minny did this happen?

In the neighborhood area across from Van Cleve Park, before 15th and Como.

GL
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
If he was bleeding all over the place be careful, you might get AIDS.  never know what people have nowadays
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#7]

...blood was thick and heavy on his face... he'd just been robbed... two men jumped him, they pistol whipped him... his nose was cut bad, and he was bleeding from the back of his head...

It is BUSH'S Fault!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was going to the U, there was an Asian gang that used to hang around that area.  They would try to rob people who tried to cross the bridge that went over the railroad tracks over there.  Maybe they're back.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top