[#1]
bolt Action:  CZ452, not even up for debate.  about 360 dollars
CZ 452

semi-auto:  Thompson Center classic about $300 dollars
Thompson Center Classic

Brian
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#2]
10/22.  Customizing the gun is half the fun.  There are seriously countless ways to make the gun truly "yours".  BTW, I'm not sure why some are knocking Butler Creek plastic hot lips.  I've only heard good things about them and I've put thousands through my 25 rounder without a problem, ever.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget the 10/22 forum in the Armory.

I just got a stainless 10/22 with the black plastic stock last weekend for $210.  I did a little polishing on the trigger parts and its a shooter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#4]
KIMBER Model 82 .22LR

NEW IN THE BOX!! R020 Kimber Model 82 (Gov't) $600

These rifles were produced for the U.S. Army between 1987 and 1990.  Although these are still in the original manufacturer's packaging and have never been used, many of the stocks have a light scratch or razor cut from when the protective bags were opened to conduct serial number inventory in the mid-90's.  This is a minor cosmetic deficiency that detracts slightly from the appearance, but does not effect the functioning of the rifle.  This single shot .22LR has an overall weight of 10.75 lbs, a length of 43 inches, an adjustable trigger, three butt plate spacers, and a hand stop assembly.  Rifle is complete with a Kimber rear aperature sight, a front sight with ten inserts, and the original technical manual.  These rifles are shipped as received by the CMP.  Shipping and Handling $22.95 per rifle.

Brought to you by the fine folks at the Civilian Marksmanship Program. They have other .22 cals also.

CMP .22 Sales
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
10/22.  Customizing the gun is half the fun.  There are seriously countless ways to make the gun truly "yours".  BTW, I'm not sure why some are knocking Butler Creek plastic hot lips.  I've only heard good things about them and I've put thousands through my 25 rounder without a problem, ever.

I have noticed that the plastic is wearing seriously on mine where the shells rub.  I had one way back when that wore out this exact same way.  I had hoped they would be using some metal reinforcment in them now but no such luck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Love my T/C
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread.  You all had some great information and I feel much better "armed" to go shopping for a serious .22 now.  There were a few mentioned that I had completely forgotten about such as the T/C and the Buckmark rifle.

Thanks again,

Ray
Iowa
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Just be sure to let us know what you decided on - with pics!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just be sure to let us know what you decided on - with pics!  

Ok, but might be a while...  The old battleaxe is insisting I pay some bills up first...

meanie...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:57:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Last night I remembered that CDNN has some good prices on Anschutz rifles, particularly if you want a .17 M2.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Marlin 880 SQ - "Squirrel Gun"

That is the gun I was thinking of when I mentioned the Marlin earlier.
Friend had one that shot great.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top