Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 2:20:18 PM EDT
Sorry folks, I am up on the US laws but... I have some Clinton-capacity mags selling on eBay. I only selected sale to US. However, a Canadian is bidding and if he/she wins, can I ship a 10rnd handgun mag to Canada without legal problems?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:30:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OrARGB:
Sorry folks, I am up on the US laws but... I have some Clinton-capacity mags selling on eBay. I only selected sale to US. However, a Canadian is bidding and if he/she wins, can I ship a 10rnd handgun mag to Canada without legal problems?

Legal or not I will not send any firearm related parts to any foreign country.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:33:59 PM EDT
I believe in canada 10 round mags are max for pistols, 5 round max for semi auto rifles and i dont think their is a limit on rimfire rifles.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:50:17 PM EDT
I partially agree with crowboy, mainly because of the other pain in the A issues. I don't use paypal, so the payment has to be by iternational money order, and then there are the charges, whcih can be hard to estimate since I'm not a business. That said, though I would not even start with a complete firearm, or a major part, if the buyer understands he/she is fully responsible to know the laws in his/her locale, and accepts the consequences of misapplication or lack of knowledge, I see no problem. Your biggest issue would be that the part gets stopped in Customs there, and confiscated. The buyer wants a refund and you are out the part. If you have a statement of acceptance of responsibility, so be it. Probably not that simple, though, as they still will scream.

I don't see any issue with a magazine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:52:08 PM EDT
I emailed my Candian bidding friend and stated the listing is for USA only. I told him to stop bidding. Thanks for the replys.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:09:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By OrARGB:
I emailed my Candian bidding friend and stated the listing is for USA only. I told him to stop bidding. Thanks for the replys.

In my opinion, you did the right/smart thing. The magazines probably would have gone, but then maybe a problem. You don't need the grief.
Top Top