Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/7/2006 4:30:13 PM EDT
So I go over to my friends house today and find him cleaning his guns. Cool. I sit down on the couch sitting across from and ask him if i can pick up one of his pistols. He says sure so I pick it up. As im holding it in my hands I asked him, "Is it loaded?", to which he responeded with "no". I cock the pistol to check the chamber anyway and a LIVE ROUND flies out of the chamber. I look up at him and noticed he had stopped cleaning his gun and was starring at the bullet on the carpet with the deer in the headlight stare. So I asked, "you sure it was unloaded?". I start to get a headache when i think of what might of happened if i hadnt cleared the chamber. He, me, or someone else could of come over, pulled the trigger and blown something or someone away. Just another example TO CLEAR THE CHAMBER EVEN IF YOU THINK ITS NOT LOADED!!!!. . For fucks sake.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:44:25 PM EDT
All guns are loaded!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:51:29 PM EDT
I never take ANYONEs word for it. I always check the weapon myself and that is how i taught my kids.

Roy
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:55:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rdsr:
I never take ANYONEs word for it. I always check the weapon myself and that is how i taught my kids.

Roy

BINGO!

I ALWAYS check ANY weapon I pick up. If I put it down, walk away for 10 seconds and come back I CHECK IT AGAIN. If I don't I hear the little voice in my head saying "dumbshit... Dumbshit... DUMBSHIT" until I do.

The fact that your friend was shocked that a weapon had a live round in it tells me he just ASSUMED what its status was and I'd be DAMNED careful around him in the future.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:56:54 PM EDT
EVERY GUN EVERY TIME..................................
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:08:35 PM EDT
Treat every gun as if it was loaded
Keep finger off the trigger until sights are aligned on target

Every fuckup begins with someone forgetting the above.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:14:46 PM EDT
you should have shot his couch to teach him a lesson. it works... i heard it on arfcom!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:21:00 PM EDT
Sometimes as I'm putting guns into or taking guns out of the safe, I start to think, "I know it's clear because I checked it before I put it in there.", or, "I never store weapons loaded. It's clear." Shortly after I tell myself this, I also tell myself, "It takes 15 seconds to check a chamber. Do it." I've made a habit of checking chambers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:25:21 PM EDT
I've seen two unloaded guns fire a round through a floor and a window and several other empty guns eject live rounds from the chambers when opened. Huh.

THE GUN IS ALWAYS LOADED! This is why I've never had an accident! I don't make assumptions!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:31:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ar-wrench:
All guns are loaded!

Never ASSUME.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:34:34 PM EDT
It's really very simple....there is no such thing as an unloaded gun....even if you check it yourself....treat it like it's loaded.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:38:03 PM EDT
Thats right all guns are loaded!!!!

I always press check my pistols even if I know it is empty. Good habit to have.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:52:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Airwolf:

Originally Posted By rdsr:
Roy

BINGO!

I ALWAYS check ANY weapon I pick up. If I put it down, walk away for 10 seconds and come back I CHECK IT AGAIN. If I don't I hear the little voice in my head saying "dumbshit... Dumbshit... DUMBSHIT" until I do.

The fact that your friend was shocked that a weapon had a live round in it tells me he just ASSUMED what its status was and I'd be DAMNED careful around him in the future.

Oh after this little incident I will be watching him a little bit more careful next time we go shooting or something like that. Im just real proud of myself for listening to my concious and checking the gun anyway. I would feel real stupid if I didnt and ended up potentially having a more serious accident.
Top Top