Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 11:13:16 AM EDT
About 98.5 condition. With the case, two mags and night sights. 419 plus tax and paperz pleeze.

Promised myself I wouldn't buy another gun in Kalifornia until I made my move this summer, but it was a good deal in my opinion.

Are the model 30 guns kabooming?

My 17 has been running with all sorts of ammo and no problems. I closed my eyes and prayed my 27 wouldn't blow up when I shot it, but I traded it away for something else.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#1]
That was my first gun.  Carried often, shot often.   Strangely one of my most accurate guns.  Good buy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#2]
It will kaboom every time you pull the trigger and possibly make a mysterious hole it what you are aiming at.
Congrats on the 30.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
mine did

what ammo were you using, BS?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't worry about it unless you are reloading ammo with the same brass over and over. As we all know lead bullets should not be used in a stock barrel. Other than that you're fine outside an act of God.

I love my Glocks. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds through all of them and never had any problem.  I use factory ammo and don't worry about it. This whole KB thing is way out of hand. People finally found something to rag on about the Glocks and they ran with it.

Enjoy your 30. That's a neat little gun. 10 rounds of .45 ACP is hard to come by in such a small reliable package.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like my 30. Carries well in a FOBUS paddle. Its thick as a brick, but so are the Para double stacks. Ironically, mine shoots softer than any other 45acp I've ever owned. Perhaps because of the weight, but I think its got alot to do with the double captive recoil spring.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
mine did

what ammo were you using, BS?

Musta been Wolf re-loads
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not so much angry as disappointed.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#9]
yes! another converted soul!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Do not use lead or unjacketed and be very careful with reloads and it will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
yes! another converted soul!

HUH?   Two Glocks doesn't make a convert.

Hell I know a lesbian who slept with at least two different guys trying to get pregnant.
You can trust me when I tell you she ain't no convert.  True story...no shit!

I own, shoot, some times carry and usually like a (my) Glock 36.

Not trying to pick a fight....... just inserting my 1911 cents worth! Just had to take the bait, couldn't resist. Chomp!!!!!!

I looked hard at the 30 and the 36 for my first taste of Glock.
Round count wasn't a big deal for me since my favorite carry gun also holds 7+1.

One thing is fer damn sure though , if I had come across a fair deal like T_J did I'd be talking about my G30 instead.  That is about what they go for around here used, or so the local gun scalpers tell me.

My next and maybe last "Brand New" handgun will be a no frills custom 1911.

I have been more and more drawn towards used guns lately.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Glock 37 and 39 here.

Love 'em!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Glock 37 and 39 here.

Love 'em!!!

I'm hoping to get a G39 in the next couple of months as well.

What do you think of GAP? I've never had a chance to shoot it but have heard good things.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Had my 30 for 3 years...love it
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Had my 30 for 3 years...love it

Same here. Sounds like a good deal. As with ALL guns, avoid suspect reloads.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:57:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine is at the 4:00 o-clock position as we speak , well 4:30
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Most that own a Glock 30, including myself, are impressed at it's accuracy.   Glock may not have realized themselves what they did engineering wise, and my other Glocks are plenty accurate, but  the 30 groups the best of all of the ones I own for some design reason.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I've owned mine since 1997 or so, when they were still a pretty new item.  Never had one single malf in all that time!  I shoot only factory loads though..  In fact, it's going to the range tomorrow!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
About 98.5 condition. With the case, two mags and night sights. 419 plus tax and paperz pleeze.

Promised myself I wouldn't buy another gun in Kalifornia until I made my move this summer, but it was a good deal in my opinion.

Are the model 30 guns kabooming?has

Are you professional enough?  

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I wouldn't worry about it unless you are reloading ammo with the same brass over and over. As we all know lead bullets should not be used in a stock barrel. Other than that you're fine outside an act of God.

I love my Glocks. I've put thousands and thousands of rounds through all of them and never had any problem.  I use factory ammo and don't worry about it. This whole KB thing is way out of hand. People finally found something to rag on about the Glocks and they ran with it.

Enjoy your 30. That's a neat little gun. 10 rounds of .45 ACP is hard to come by in such a small reliable package.

I'll let The Beer Slayer give you the gory details, but his KB'd with factory ammo, not reloads, Glock admitted it was their failure, and gave him a nice big FUCK YOU for his trouble.

SG

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine is my carry gun.  I trust my life with it.  Only failures with it were with Blazer aluminum cases.  Everything else, including handloads, has been 100%.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#23]
www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsgarchive.cgi?read=508808

This is a post from Jim Mcloud, who owns a gunshop gunsnh.com? and rents firearms. He was asked about weapon durabilty, he sees it first hand.

Pistols Auto:
#1. Glock handguns do better than anything made on earth!
#2. Sig Arms
#3. HK - All five are toast right now!
#4. Beretta - 92's and 96's break all the time-the Cougar Series do very well.
#5. Ruger does alright
#6. S&W auto pistols are not very long lasting.
Magnum Research - Stay away from Desert Anchors! Three weeks max until broken.
Taurus anything - Run don't walk!
Handguns Revolvers:
#1 S&W
#2 Ruger
Taurus anything- run,don't walk.

Machineguns:
1. M16 last the most-cheap to fix
2. MP5's - Most popular - expensive to maintain and repair
3. UZI- Never say die! I have one that probably saw 50,000 rounds before it ever left Israel. 100,000 + later - It still runs well. 1 new top cover and a couple of lowers later.

Shotgun/Tactical: Benelli is #1
These all get cleaned every week or as needed. I have 16 Glocks to rent - My 17/19/21/22&23 average 10,000 rounds per week for these five most popular "every week" or around .5 million rounds a year! Never had a frame twist AD yet :>)
Not just my .02- backed by facts

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a 30.

No failures of any kind.  I carry it occasionally.

I wouldn't want to be on the 'business end' of it when SWS feels threatened.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#25]
I have shot competiton with my 30!!  It is more accurate than my 21.  Why??  I don't know.  But it is.

I'll have to agree with the member above who said something about engineering at GLOCK.  They created a masterpiece of a gun-and didn't even realize it!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glock 37 and 39 here.

Love 'em!!!

I'm hoping to get a G39 in the next couple of months as well.

What do you think of GAP? I've never had a chance to shoot it but have heard good things.

I have large hands, but shortish fingers.  The Glock 21 and 30 aren't real comfortable for me to hold.  The GAP allows me to shoot a .45 caliber round through a Glock with a far more comfortable grip.

If you reload, .45 GAP brass is the same price as .45 ACP.  Bullet, powder and primers (.45 GAP uses a small pistol primer) are the same price.

The Glock 39's frame is identical to that of the 26 and 27.  The slide is a little wider to accommodate the .45 caliber round.  I find that the .45 GAP is less "snappy" that the .40 S&W in a sub compact.  I also find that the .45 GAP is an extremely accurate round.

It's a little harder and somewhat more expensive to find factory ammo, but if you buy online, it's really not much of a factor.  Reloading negates all differences.

I prefer to shoot a large caliber round.  I like the quality, simiplicity and durability of Glocks.  The .45 GAP gives me a nice blend of both technologies that fits my hand better.

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked up a lightly used G30, know the previous owner, and have put approx 3,000 rounds through it since this past Summer. Still can't get over how accurate it is, find myself shooting it more and more because of this fact. It makes a nice sidekick for my G21 with magazine compatability.
While I love my Kimber and Wilson my Glocks will be the last pistols I sell if forced in that direction. ( Hope that never happens as I really do love my 1911's. )
Originally I was shooting Blazer Brass but switched over to S&B and haven't looked back. It cost a little more but it's cleaner and the brass is much loved by the guys I know that reload.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought a G30 brand new in, I believe 1998, and it is almost STUPID accurate just as everyone says. It is far from being an exception in this regard(ever try out a G26?). I also have a G21 that I can't really tell the difference accuracy-wise, cloverleafs are the norm at 15 yds. offhand if I do my part-
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Love mine, no problems and no failures yet.  I've put about 200 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I shoot mainly reloads through a 30 and 21.  Heck, I used to use lead rounds too.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsgarchive.cgi?read=508808

This is a post from Jim Mcloud, who owns a gunshop gunsnh.com? and rents firearms. He was asked about weapon durabilty, he sees it first hand.

Pistols Auto:
#1. Glock handguns do better than anything made on earth!
#2. Sig Arms
#3. HK - All five are toast right now!
#4. Beretta - 92's and 96's break all the time-the Cougar Series do very well.
#5. Ruger does alright
#6. S&W auto pistols are not very long lasting.
Magnum Research - Stay away from Desert Anchors! Three weeks max until broken.
Taurus anything - Run don't walk!
Handguns Revolvers:
#1 S&W
#2 Ruger
Taurus anything- run,don't walk.

Machineguns:
1. M16 last the most-cheap to fix
2. MP5's - Most popular - expensive to maintain and repair
3. UZI- Never say die! I have one that probably saw 50,000 rounds before it ever left Israel. 100,000 + later - It still runs well. 1 new top cover and a couple of lowers later.

Shotgun/Tactical: Benelli is #1
These all get cleaned every week or as needed. I have 16 Glocks to rent - My 17/19/21/22&23 average 10,000 rounds per week for these five most popular "every week" or around .5 million rounds a year! Never had a frame twist AD yet :>)
Not just my .02- backed by facts

My Berettas have also seen a lot of rounds, and they don't break all the time.

Perhaps it has something to do with how he maintains the weapons....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll flat wear a target out with my G30, not so for my other pistols (except maybe my Mark II).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top