Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2006 7:51:45 AM EDT
Please, accept it.

In fact, a translation of what he said when captured at the end proves it:

"It's Upham. He won't do us any harm."
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t think that’s really much of a debate. The big misconception people get is that Steamboat Willie kills the Jewish soldier with the knife to the heart.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Please, accept it.

I said that once and got 30 replies saying I was wrong
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#3]
You should put "Spoiler alert" in your title!  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Please, accept it.

Of course he did, I realized that the first time I saw it.  I was waiting for the shoe to drop after Upham insisted tehy let him go.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY: Steamboat Willie did in fact kill Tom Hanks' character in SPR  

translation-I'm home, I'm bored, Sarge is gone, think I'll stir up some dog poo.....lol

Actually, no. OLY-M4Gery claimed an SS guy killed Hanks' character in another thread. I felt the need for a correction.

Gonna come out in January, Goblin?

Que? Details?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Who doesn't know this?

That's like missing the point of The Chronicles of Narnia (it's really a Pro-Fur statement).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Spoiler alert for a flick that's 6 years old and been on TV ump-teen times already?

In that case, here is another spoiler for you -----> Darth Vader is Luke Skaywalker's father

Gimmie a break.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Please, accept it.

1) Steamboat Willie was Wermarcht
2) The SS soldier, was well SS
3) In the fight between the SS soldier and Mellish, Mellish calls out to Upham by name to come help him. Upham stands there frozen as Mellish is killed.
4) The SS soldier knows Upham's name because Mellish called out to him.
5) Since Upham stood by while Mellish is killed, the SS soldier didn't feel that Upham "had what it took" to be a soldier.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
3) In the fight between the SS soldier and Mellish, Mellish calls out to Upham by name to come help him. Upham stands there frozen as Mellish is killed.
5) Since Upham stood by while Mellish is killed, the SS soldier didn't feel that Upham "had what it took" to be a soldier.

Wrong.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Wade-killer, Miller-killer, and Upham-killed are the same guy.  Knife-killer dude is different.

Is that right?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, a different German killed Mellish, but it was Steamboat Willie that killed Capt. Miller...and then Upham shot Willie.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Willie had the same knife that was used in Heat.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wade-killer, Miller-killer, and Upham-killed are the same guy.  Knife-killer dude is different.

Is that right?

Well, its not clear that Steamboat killed Wade....BUT he was a soldier in the position that Wade got killed at. Steamboat Willie killed Miller, that faggot pussy Upham killed Steamboat with that steely killer look in his eye...(yeah, right)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

yeah and sarge had a m1 carbine instead of an AK.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I don’t think that’s really much of a debate. The big misconception people get is that Steamboat Willie kills the Jewish soldier with the knife to the heart.

+1

Willie was NOT the SS soldier. He was Wehrmacht.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please, accept it.

You're gonna make me do screenshots aren't you?

It was NOT the SS soldier who killed Hanks or was killed by Upham. It was Steamboat Willie.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It was NOT the SS soldier who killed Hanks or was killed by Upham. It was Steamboat Willie.

I was hoping you would show up.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#20]
What did the guy who killed Mellish say to him while pushing the knife into his chest?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please, accept it.

You are correct.   Post the screen shots anyway...so this can be put to bed forever.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What did the guy who killed Mellish say to him while pushing the knife into his chest?  

"Shhhhhhh."

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spoiler alert for a flick that's 6 years old and been on TV ump-teen times already?

In that case, here is another spoiler for you -----> Darth Vader is Luke Skaywalker's father

Gimmie a break.  

OooooOOOOOooooo!

First up, that's what we in the industry call a "joke". And for the denser among us, I even put a smiley in there to indicate it was, in fact, a joke.

Second up, it was irony because someone put "Spoiler alert" on the 2001: A Space Odyssey thread and that movie is almost 40 years old!

Gimme a break indeed!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#24]

He said look, I washed for supper!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Off-topic, where did the "Steamboat Willie" name for the Wehrmacht dude come from?  

Is that something that someone called him in the movie, or just a name that has emerged over time among fans?

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Off-topic, where did the "Steamboat Willie" name for the Wehrmacht dude come from?  

Is that something that someone called him in the movie, or just a name that has emerged over time among fans?

The German soldier, who is not named, refers to "Steamboat Willie" when first captured and is digging a grave for the squad.

"Steamboat Willie! Toot! Toot!"
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The German soldier, who is not named, refers to "Steamboat Willie" when first captured and is digging a grave for the squad.

"Steamboat Willie! Toot! Toot!"

Right - that I remember.  

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I was just thinking the same thing? But it went like this in my head, " WTF is steamboat willie?"
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I gotta get in before page 39
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gimmie a break.  

OooooOOOOOooooo!

First up, that's what we in the industry call a "joke". And for the denser among us, I even put a smiley in there to indicate it was, in fact, a joke.

Second up, it was irony because someone put "Spoiler alert" on the 2001: A Space Odyssey thread and that movie is almost 40 years old!

Gimme a break indeed!

If you intend to use a smilie to convey a joke... don't use one that looks angry.   Try one of these

not

It makes a big difference in getting your point across acuratly.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
This should clear it up

No, no one is arguing that Willie killed Mellish.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

For a five year old movie?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Shhhhhhh."

Mellish: "Wait! What does that mean?"
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

IMDB lists 'Steamboat Willie' in the cast list so it's at least somewhat official

SPR at IMDB
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Enjoy...

Streamboat Willie digs a hole (NOTE COLLAR TABS).

SS Dude kills Mellish.

SS Dude (NOTE COLLAR TABS)

Steamboat Willie back in the fight (NOTE COLLAR TABS)

Steamboat Willie captured and killed (NOTE COLLAR TABS)

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gimmie a break.  

OooooOOOOOooooo!

Gimme a break indeed!

If you intend to use a smilie to convey a joke... don't use one that looks angry.   Try one of these

not

It makes a big difference in getting your point across acuratly.

FWIW that's a "wink, wink smile" smiley. Methinks you need Smiley Training. <---- no mistaking that one.

I awarded myself Extra Credit Irony for that post too: If you know SPR enough to know who Steamboat Willie is you've probably seen it more than a few times.

OK OK sorry for hijacking the thread Wobblin-Goblin. I'm outta here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#38]
God dman Krauts! They all look alike..
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Explain something to me.
What the fuck is he called "Steamboat Willie" for?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That will buff out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think the literal translation is "Don't worry, this will buff right out."  Other sources claim that he is actually asking for pie.
ETA:
5 seconds gas passer.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Were the bent bolt handles on those Mausers accurate?  I'm no expert, but I thought the bolt handles were straight on original Mausers.

(And before anybody jumps on the double meaning, I am NOT asking if you can hit targets reliably with the handles)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Explain something to me.

Scroll up and read the first post on this page.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Explain something to me.

Scroll up and read the first post on this page.

I'm sofa king we todd did sum times
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Explain something to me.

Because Spielberg is a racist who hates Germans and seeks to de humanize them by portraying them as charicatures.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Explain something to me.

Because Spielberg is a racist who hates Germans and seeks to de humanize them by portraying them as charicatures.

Probably very true.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I own the damn movie and have no idea who steam boat willie is.............

WAIT - I GUESS I NEEDED TO TYPE IT.  HE SPOUTED IT OUT WHEN HE WAS ABOUT TO GET IT.....

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Were the bent bolt handles on those Mausers accurate?  I'm no expert, but I thought the bolt handles were straight on original Mausers.

(And before anybody jumps on the double meaning, I am NOT asking if you can hit targets reliably with the handles)

Straight bolt is the WWI G98 Mauser

Bent bolt is the WWII K98 Mauser (carbine).

The K98 is slightly shorter and very accurate.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top