User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
4X in the back and that's ok with some of you?

Lifetime loser.  Guy who has done so many beatings, attempt murders, and drive buys that he's been convicted on some of them.  After getting out of jail/prion  he has continued his life long crime spree.  He has a felony warrant for his arrest. He resisted that lawfull arrest.  If you reasonbly belived the suspect would continue his crime spreee, racking up more victims if not immediately apprehended, then its a good shoot.

This was not the kid down the street running from a traffic ticket.

I don't care who it was, 4X in the back is some serious
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
so if you have violent priors, served your time, it's ok for cops to murder you?  I dont think so

Left out the part about resisting arrest on a new felony charge.

"The rule of the law prohibits any officer from shooting a fleeing suspect ... four times" deal with it

Unless SC law specifically prevents it, then the prosecutor is wrong and was likely misquoted out of context.  Tenn Vs Garner did not make it illegal to shoot a fleeing felon.

Good luck to Tim Robertson, if SC backs him up, he's still facing $100's of thousands in lawyer fees, probably bankrupted for life.  Shooting fleeing people in the back is just not a good idea, ask Bart.  Ask OJ Simpson how his life is better since he beat the murder rap but still lost the civil suit.    Hope Tim  and the perp he popped  aren't different races, otherwise ol' Tim can look forward to civil rights lawsuits as well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
8-page thread on homeowner shoti gat unarmed tresspassers/attempt burglars.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=425049
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Cop aquitted in shooting unarmed fleeing tweaker in back in mistaken identity case.

sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/12/14/BAGSTG7H7D1.DTL
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cop aquitted in shooting unarmed fleeing tweaker in back in mistaken identity case.

sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/12/14/BAGSTG7H7D1.DTL

OJ got aquitted to, doesn't mean he wasn't guilty as hell ar15fan.

Just a criminal with a badge IMHO.

ETA: Who else can get away with shooting an unarmed man in the back?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ETA: Who else can get away with shooting an unarmed man in the back?

There was thread last month about a homeowner who shot a simple assault & battery suspect in the back, as he was driving away.  Unfortunatley we cant search the GD forum.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Actually, the story sounds like an absolute bunch of BS that is completely one sided. 1/2 an hour before a call to EMS, BS to me just like the deceased guys GFs story. I think there is a whole lot more to the story.

+1

Passing judgment on what the MEDIA and the FAMILY says???   Sheesh...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So he was charged, whoop dee doo.  Charges mean nothing.

Let's see if he actually gets convicted.

Let us hope he is not convicted.  What a travesty.  

1) He is a criminal
2) He had a Felony Warrant for his arrest.
3) He resisted arrest by fleeing
4) He was shot and killed

I believe the Deputy can articulate that the wanted person "posed a significant threat" to the public if he was not captured and therfore the shooting is justified.

An officer can use that force neccesary to effect an arrest, overcome resistance or prevent escape.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Its about time a police officer was held accountable and responsible for his actions. Sounds like he was on a power trip and wanted play judge, jury and executioner.
Give him the chair.

Idiot troll
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#10]

“William was a loving child who would give the shirt off his back if someone needed it, but he had a temper,” said his mother, who lived with her son. “But if you would leave him alone he'd calm down in five minutes.”

Don't worry, Mom.  He's calm now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

His girlfriend, Donna Gainey, said... “A man wearing regular clothes in a regular car, which we later found out was a deputy, approached William and told him to turn around and put his hands on the car, but he didn't identify himself.

“William refused because he didn't know who the man was and told him he was not going anywhere with him because he didn't know him,” Gainey said.

How much will the outcome of this case hinge on whether or not the cop identified himself as a police officer? Could be a "he said, she said" situation unless there were other witnesses.

Its an issue. But usually a small one.  Where that claim often falls apart is when you check the suspects prior arrests and find the officer has arrested the suspect more than once in the past.  meaning the suspect would recognize the officer as a police officer regardless of what he was wearing. Of course the defendant might claim some selective amnesia.

Its enough of an issue that when i work plainclothes i will put in the first paragraph of the report something to the effect of "I saw a man, who i recognised from prior contacts as John doe. i have arrested Doe on X prior ocassions for...and from those prior arrests I know Doe recognises me as a police officer."
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Its about time a police officer was held accountable and responsible for his actions. Sounds like he was on a power trip and wanted play judge, jury and executioner.
Give him the chair.

-K
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top