BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
WTF...Leinhart just said they were the better team but they didn't make the plays when needed.  

YOU LOST MOTHER FUCKER...YOU AIN'T THE BETTER TEAM.

I thought the definition of the better team is the one that makes the plays when needed.

But then, I'd never have thought you could drop the ball as much as Texas did and still end up the better team.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you just see Young's stats?

Wow.

Oh...and hey Matt, perhaps you might want to check the BCS rankings when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Leinhart needed to lose before he left.  No better way to go out than a loser with a bad attitude.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Vince Young is the best college player I've seen since watching Herschel Walker run roughshod over my Gators. That guy is an amazing athlete, he probably should have won the Heisman as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:45:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Kind of hard to argue the fact that Vince is the man.

Way to go Texas.  Good to see USC lose one.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:49:01 AM EDT
[#6]
aynbodu gots video of the win?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:52:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats....

it was kind of weird last night being in a house full of OU fans cheering for UT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#8]
One of the best games I've seen in years.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Hook 'em Horns!!
Great game.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Go Texas!

(I'm a ttu fan, so I'm glad to have a winner in TX)

w00t!

I'm still a little disappointed about the Cotton Bowl, but at least the 'Horns got some.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go Texas!

(I'm a ttu fan, so I'm glad to have a winner in TX)

w00t!

I'm still a little disappointed about the Cotton Bowl, but at least the 'Horns got some.

I was 15 rows away from the field goal that won Alabama the game.  I saw that ball just barely make it in.  :(
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Congrats....

it was kind of weird last night being in a house full of OU fans cheering for UT

+1.  Know what you mean.  It was almost blasphemy to be cheering the Longhorns.  I'm an Okie so it was especially rough.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Congrats....

I was telling one of my UT fan friends...Oklahoma cheered for you last night but tomorrow we go back to hatin' on your ass
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#14]
anyone notice that there wasn't one single man tackle on vince young.   He was like a man among boys!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
TEXAS WINS !

+eleventy billion!!!

I won forty bucks betting on this game!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF...Leinhart just said they were the better team but they didn't make the plays when needed.  

YOU LOST MOTHER FUCKER...YOU AIN'T THE BETTER TEAM.

I thought the definition of the better team is the one that makes the plays when needed.

But then, I'd never have thought you could drop the ball as much as Texas did and still end up the better team.

Contrast the total lack of humility (by USC) to the comments Mack Brown made.

I heard someone on CNN this AM say that if they would have reviewed the touchdown where Vince's knee was down that USC would have won.

They just can't handle the fact that their "Hollywood Hero", their 'Gladiator' has been defeated.

I say they are smokin' crack because it would have been 1st and goal to go on the 6? yard line.

USC does have some nice looking cheerleaders!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't care much about either team, but after watching ESPN suck USC's dick for WEEKS, I was very happy to see them drop the game.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#18]
If Leinart was right and USC had the better team...probably just means Texas had the better Quarterback
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#19]
My tat artist is from TX and  HUGE fan.  We were at his house last night and I thought he was gonna cry with 3 minutes to go, then explode from happiness with 1 to go.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#20]

I still can't stop smiling.

Even with this hangover.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#21]
HOOK EM'......bitches.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#23]
If the replay officials had not blown the UT touchdown that was not a touchdown, USC wins. It was the play when Young's knee was down, and then he pitched the ball, resulting in  the touchdown. Texas would probably have kicked a field goal, so back out 4 points from UT. Still, it was a great game played by the 2 best teams. Players showed lots of class during the game...no cheap shots, helping each other up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If the replay officials had not blown the UT touchdown that was not a touchdown, USC wins. It was the play when Young's knee was down, and then he pitched the ball, resulting in  the touchdown. Texas would probably have kicked a field goal, so back out 4 points from UT. Still, it was a great game played by the 2 best teams. Players showed lots of class during the game...no cheap shots, helping each other up.

blah blah blah.  So it would've taken an additional 20 secs or so for Vince to get it in if that play would've been ruled down.  That would've just had Vince scoring the winning TD in the final seconds and SC wouldn't have even gotten that last chance.  I'm going to get so sick of listening to the apologists bitch about this play.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Will Vince Young stay and lead Texas to another NC or will he "take the money"?  He doesn't really have anything left to prove in college ball, except he'd be a shoo-in for the Heisman, which is a curse to QBs.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, to those that want to say that bad officiating (the incorrect TD call) would have caused USC to win over UT, think of this:

If every call made in college football this year had been correct, USC wouldn't be playing for the national championship because they would have lost to Notre Dame!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That goes both ways. The personal foul early in the game against Texas was BS, Leinhart barely got touched and played it up like a little bitch (watch the replay if ya got tivo). Go back and watch the spot on the last 4th down attempt bt USC and you'll see them get about a 2 foot boost from the ref - they almost gave USC the game there because White wasn't even close to making that line.

USC got beat by a better team plain & simple. If Pete Carroll is the great defensive mind that all the people say he is why couldn't he come up with a game plan to stop one MAN? All USC had to do was contain Young and they win easily.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That goes both ways. The personal foul early in the game against Texas was BS, Leinhart barely got touched and played it up like a little bitch (watch the replay if ya got tivo). Go back and watch the spot on the last 4th down attempt bt USC and you'll see them get about a 2 foot boost from the ref - they almost gave USC the game there because White wasn't even close to making that line.

USC got beat by a better team plain & simple. If Pete Carroll is the great defensive mind that all the people say he is why couldn't he come up with a game plan to stop one MAN? All USC had to do was contain Young and they win easily.

And if Texas hadn't been robbed of that interception with 2:11 to go in the first half, USC would have had 3 fewer points and Texas would have had another chance to score before the half.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And if Texas hadn't been robbed of that interception with 2:11 to go in the first half, USC would have had 3 fewer points and Texas would have had another chance to score before the half.

EXACTLY. JUST ANOTHER SORE LOSER.

HOOK 'EM!!!!

EDITED TO ADD - THE GAME IS ON ESPN CLASSIC SAT AT 7ET
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top