Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Where do you live? I am in KC. I wanna come shoot it!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is the PS90 next to an M-4.
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/robertlee3rd/IMG_0007.jpg
All the ammo I have is the SS195 L.F.  I'll post a range report as soon as I can get to the range.  Unfortunatly, work is a little crazy right now, it may have to wait to the weekend.

Sapper, if the knee allows I plan on being at the MODCC shoot at CMMG next weekend-you know your welcome to shoot the PS90 or anything else you want to.

Oh dude I have a chubby now over the PS90. Grr.

I'm looking for pics of it field stripped-a PS90 in particular.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=145&t=149307

Quoted:

Notice how you'll be able to easily convert your 30 rounder to a 50 round magazine.

All of these rifles are currently spoken for, but we should get some more in this month.  We don't have a lead time for a waiting list due to not knowing when or how many we will receive.  It is strictly first come, first served.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
FadedSun here is a field stripped photo.

Mister44, I just had knee surgery a couple of weeks ago, but if I'm able I plan on being at the MODCC shoot at CMMG next weekend.  Check the Missouri forum for the details.  I would be glad to let you shoot it if you come down for the shoot.  The MODCC shoot would be well worth the drive from KC.  They will have a couple of COF's, lunch, lots of ARFCOMers and CMMG has full-auto rentals as well.  The cost to shoot is fifteen bucks and includes all the range time you want, the COF's and lunch.  It's always a great time, John and Jeff from CMMG and the MODCC guys put on a great shoot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All the ammo I have is the SS195 L.F.  I'll post a range report as soon as I can get to the range.  Unfortunatly, work is a little crazy right now, it may have to wait to the weekend.

Sapper, if the knee allows I plan on being at the MODCC shoot at CMMG next weekend-you know your welcome to shoot the PS90 or anything else you want to.

SWEET!

I as well am on FSF.com
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Any pictures of Carter come with it?

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice. How do you like the sight.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Just playing around with the sight I would say it is just OK.  There is some talk of a picatinny rail to replace the tritium sight so you could add an Aimpoint or an Eotech.  I may do that, but I really won't know until I get some range time with it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Son of a Bit#%!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]
The barrel length looks kind of wrong but WTH it is significantly shorter than the M4gery so it looks like it could be handy and fun.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Piss on you, lucky! I hate you!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Y'know.... the longer barrel may not look "right" compared to the original...but it's not like it looks bad, it is still a damn fine looking weapon, and the extra 4(?) inches doesn't make the weapon look screwed up in any way (IMHO) than just being different from the original.

Congrats on the purchase...you are a lucky bastard!

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Really nice gun btw.  Looks presentable with the longer barrel.  

Going to SBR it?  I know it was asked earlier.

Also, where is all the Stargate stuff?

Hey, Zats arn't covered by any firearms laws.. and 3 shots and the body disintigrates.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Hope you are able to make it to the shoot ( and everything went good with your surgery), i just started walking again yesterday without crutches after my surgery and it is taking some getting used to lol. After almost 2 months it's like my leg has forgotten what its supposed to do, I know i wont be running any COF's this time around but i am planning on putting some rounds down range.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#14]
What's the overall length on this carbine? It has to be 26" to meet federal .gov NFA requirements, right?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#15]
The PS90 was selling for about $400 over the retail prices that everyone else was touting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:45:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice rifle.

Max
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:52:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What's the overall length on this carbine? It has to be 26" to meet federal .gov NFA requirements, right?

26.23"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:03:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice, I would like one too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:35:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Nice rifle.

Max

Or carbine, or in MI, pistol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:39:56 AM EDT
[#20]
What's the deal with ammo?  Is the good stuff illegal for civillians to own, or illegal to sell, but legal to possess (like IR lasers), or restricted by manufacturers (like Ranger T)?  

I would only be interested in this gun if I could get good ammo, and I'm always up for a challenge, but I am really careful about not doing anything illegal with my firearms.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:47:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What's the deal with ammo?  Is the good stuff illegal for civillians to own, or illegal to sell, but legal to possess (like IR lasers), or restricted by manufacturers (like Ranger T)?  

I would only be interested in this gun if I could get good ammo, and I'm always up for a challenge, but I am really careful about not doing anything illegal with my firearms.

SS190 (the AP round) has always been illegal to own.
SS192 was voluntarily taken off the market after Brady Bunch furor when the FiveseveN hit the market.  It's still legal to own.
SS195LF was introduced after the furor from gun nuts like ourselves responding to FNs response to BB.  It is the same round as SS192 with a Lead Free primer.
SS197 is the VMAX ballistic tip round.  Availability is supposed to be better on this round (or was).

I 'believe' Fiocchi already has started selling the SS195LF and SS197 they were supposed to bring out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:48:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
FadedSun here is a field stripped photo.
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/robertlee3rd/IMG_0008.jpg

Robert, I'm extremely jealous.  Any chance of close up pics of the fire control group, bolt and barrel?  Thanks.  You lucky dog!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:57:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Im holding out for the FNS2000 but man that is sweet! What does the future hold for affordable ammo in 5.7?

Well said.  I think I'll do the same.  I don't need another caliber....tempting though.

Arbiter
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:00:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Where do you mount the bayonet? Useless without a bayonet!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:09:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:11:56 AM EDT
[#26]
nice looking piece of hardware. i only wish i had $1500 to drop on one. it looks a lot better than i thought. i think i would still SBR one and put a suppressor on it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm headed to work right now, but I'll try to post some close up photos this evening.

Sapper,  hope your knee is getting better, PT is a bitch!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:19:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder if demilled AP rounds,  just the projectile will ever become available???
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Way to go !

I like one but the ammo is a deal breaker.

www.impactguns.com/store/818513002943.html
FN 5.7x28mm SS195LF Lead Free Ammunition,
50/BX
Price: $29.99
Manufacturer: FN
Manufacturer Item #: 107000012
Impact Item #: 818513002943
Out of stock: Unknown Accepting orders.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Not to be rude, but some of us had the sense to buy several thousand rounds of ammo before we could buy the gun.  

I also remember that fateful day at the HPD SWAT HQ when the FN rep showed up with FiveSevens, P90's and 25K rounds of ammo.

I had a hard on all the way home.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Well its getting cheaper and I have seen it as low as $15 a box. It would get a lot cheaper if they could just use regular FMJ bullets in it. Instead due to the political climate they are doint the Vmag. I wish winchester would step back in and wolf would start making it too.

Want more 5.7ammo? petition to show them an interest.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#32]
So, who has these for sale, and who is going to be listing them in the EE? CMMG can't be the only one with them in stock.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#33]
How's the trigger on that thing?

I like the looks but would only consider one if it came in a more common caliber.

Congrats though- and hope your knee feels better soon. BTDT, and don't wish that on anyone. DO THAT PT- it will hurt like hell now, but will save you a lot of grief in the long run!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Congrats, that is a fine ugly weapon.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:44:35 AM EDT
[#35]
OAL of PS90?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#36]
I think we would all appreciate a view through the sight if your camera will take a decent picture.  I am very curious what it looks like.

G
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
OAL of PS90?

Quoted:

Quoted:

26.23"

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
OAL of PS90?

It was already posted,  26.23" or somewhere thereabouts.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Well its getting cheaper and I have seen it as low as $15 a box. It would get a lot cheaper if they could just use regular FMJ bullets in it. Instead due to the political climate they are doint the Vmag. I wish winchester would step back in and wolf would start making it too.

Want more 5.7ammo? petition to show them an interest.

Regular JHP would be fine as well. I'm not sure what is holding up FN and Fiochi. If anything needs flooding, its the ammo market with 5.7x28 ammo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Where do you mount the bayonet? Useless without a bayonet!!!!

Bet it has got one hell of a butt stroke though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#41]
I just shot my DNA all over the keyboard after seeing pictures of this.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:
SS192 was voluntarily taken off the market after Brady Bunch furor when the FiveseveN hit the market.  It's still legal to own.
SS195LF was introduced after the furor from gun nuts like ourselves responding to FNs response to BB.  It is the same round as SS192 with a Lead Free primer.

I don't believe the SS192 was removed just for the BB.  I think FN used a planned change to get good press coverage.

Everything I do right now is to comply with ROHS/WEEE June 6th deadline right now.  One of the things we're doing is renumbering parts that are lead free to prevent mixing.  I think FN probably had plans for the lead-free SS195 for a while and just used the opertunity to get "good press".

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Not to be rude, but some of us had the sense to buy several thousand rounds of ammo before we could buy the gun.  

+1

I got several thousands rounds for my FiveseveN  before the hype made it expensive.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe the SS192 was removed just for the BB.  I think FN used a planned change to get good press coverage.

Everything I do right now is to comply with ROHS/WEEE June 6th deadline right now.  One of the things we're doing is renumbering parts that are lead free to prevent mixing.  I think FN probably had plans for the lead-free SS195 for a while and just used the opertunity to get "good press".

So is there any performance difference between 192 and 195LF?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Everything I've read says the 195 has a higher velocity.  But I don't think anyone has actually tested it for themselves yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Mister44, I just had knee surgery a couple of weeks ago, but if I'm able I plan on being at the MODCC shoot at CMMG next weekend.  Check the Missouri forum for the details.  I would be glad to let you shoot it if you come down for the shoot.  The MODCC shoot would be well worth the drive from KC.  They will have a couple of COF's, lunch, lots of ARFCOMers and CMMG has full-auto rentals as well.  The cost to shoot is fifteen bucks and includes all the range time you want, the COF's and lunch.  It's always a great time, John and Jeff from CMMG and the MODCC guys put on a great shoot.

THANK YOU for the offer. But it was more of a pipe dream than a serious request. I am swamped at work right now and low on funds. But maybe next time ;o)

Have fun with your new toy. I didnt know they finally sold some civy models that GREAT. I see you got the new FiveseveN. I REALLY wanted to try that out. Esp. a single action version of it. Personally,I think that round might be a great police round - esp for cops who dont keep up on their fire arms training.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Everything I've read says the 195 has a higher velocity.  But I don't think anyone has actually tested it for themselves yet.

Pretty sure the extra barrel length adds something for velocity.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty sure the extra barrel length adds something for velocity.

Yeah, but they were talking about shooting ss192 and ss195 from the same gun.  The SS195 is supposed to have  more speed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/robertlee3rd/IMG_0006.jpg
I was waiting on a PS90 and had to decided to go ahead and get an FN FiveSeven.  While I was waiting for my Missouri pistol permit, the first shipment of PS90's came in.  Got to pick up both of them the same day!  My birthday is next month, I'm asking everyone I know for 50 round PS90 mags!  Jeff and John at CMMG are great, as always great service and great products.  I wonder how soon they'll let me get on a waiting list for a SCAR.  Can't wait till this weekend to burn up some of that 5.7 ammo I've been hoarding!  I also heard some rumors about some great products they have up-coming for the PS90 and the FiveSeven!hr

Where are the holes for the side rails on yours? Like the one CMMG posted.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top