Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 11:25:28 AM EDT
I stopped by PETSMART on the way home last night. As most everyone knows, you can take
your pet into the store with you if you prefer. Personally, I've always thought this is a bad idea.
I've seen customer's pets make doodie, pee on the floor and get into fights, etc. Anyway, I go into
the store to get some food for my pooch and as I grabbed a bag of from the top shelf, some lady's
pet monster (mutt) went Cujo on my pant leg and boot. Before I had time to even think,
I turned and kicked the ever-living crap out of the little bastard. The dog yelped like it was dying
and the lady freaked out and started yelling "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE" blah, blah, blah.
Rather than let the situation escalate by cussing her or doing an ARFCOM draw down on her dog,
I told her to leave her dog at home if she couldn't control him. I walked away as she continued her
tirade.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd have shot it

Seriously, with no hesitation whatsoever it'd be one dead dog.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd have done the same. Then kicked the woman also for not being able to control her dog.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
steel toe to the trachea
or
heel to the cervical vertebra
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I would have done the same if not worse.

And then I would have demanded her insurance information just to throw a little fear of the unknown into the mix.

Nope, probably wouldn't sue, no harm, but I'd make her think that I would.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep swift kick and then some pepper spray.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
What the hell are people thinking?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#7]
That's what i would have done.

Lady didn't have control of her dog, her fault.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yep. After all, you were in fear of your safety.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#9]
You should have called the police and gotten a staement for the record, and THEN threatened to sue the bitch.

I love dogs but dipshit owners like this need one upside the head.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#10]
If you were grabbing a heavy bag of food from the top shelf, you could have "accidentally" dropped it on her and/or her dog.  Sad for the dog, but maybe it'll teach her dumbass to better control her dog.

Pepper spray on her AND her dog would have handled the situation nicely.  Next time bring some.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#11]
you did fine, though I would have had some choice words for the dog owner.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#12]
People who don't/won't control their pets really piss me off. I've spend a lot of time training my dogs. I think you did just fine. I've leash wiped other dogs on a number of occasions. I've drawn on a rottie that was running loose and trying to attack my dogs. Told the owner three times to get hold of his dog and control him. He suddenly was able to produce a leash and get control of his dog after the pistol came out. The conversation with the police afterwards did not go his way, much to his dismay. Not only did he get a $250 ticket for having his dog off leash the cop said he wouldn't have given a warning; he'd have just shot the dog. Its the responsiblity of the owner to control their animal. Dogs are not children. They have to be trained to behave properly, the training re-enforced and kept under control by their owner. Well, the same could be said for a lot of kids too.

I think you should have made a fuss with the store and called the police. As for the "Who do you think you are?" I'd have to have said, "I'm the man who kicking the shit out of your dog. Control your animal!"
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I would of bent her over the stack of dog food and went at it! Ya baby ya!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

An old Korean "favorite"!!!

Do you add onions as well?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#15]
You did good.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I love animals, but most (not all) of the people that bring animals into PETSMART are very strange.
It's as if they (the owner) have no life away from their pet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I am sure I would have made use of the Handy can of OC Spray from Fox Labs that I carry.

I would have given that Bitch a lesson on how to control her Beast as well!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Amazing how she was mad at you, the VICTIM, and not her dog.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#19]

the cop said he wouldn't have given a warning; he'd have just shot the dog.

that's a given
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I would have done the same. Attacking dog biting my leg, swift kick, charges again he may just see that .45 flying into his head. (now this scenerio only applies to little dogs, large dogs, well the .45 comes out first.)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#21]
I have taken my labs in there before and have had one or two incidents of excitement piddle.  It depends on the dogs, my boys love everybody and I have never seen a bad dog in there. I have seen dogs just so excited being in a store like that, that they may not mind as well as at home, mine included but it usually involves wanting to meet people and get thier ears scratched.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder what she expected you to do? Stand there and let her dog chew on your leg?

A good swift kick is perfectly acceptable for an annoying little fuzz ball. Shooting the little fucker is a tad extreme as long as you can drop kick it.

Now, what if it was a 100 lb. Rottie?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Drop the bag of dog food on the dog. Then the shelf on the owner. =)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#26]
A fifty pound bag of dog food on top of any dogs head is bound to leave a mark  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I carry Fox Labs OC in my pocket. I would have at least kicked it like you did if not sprayed it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#28]
True story

When i was 11 y/o my brother and i was helping my dad set up some tables and Rex Baxter Exhibition hall and the Tri State fair grounds and in comes 2 Dobers unleashed..i turn around and see them and they see me. i stand still but they continue. i looked over for someone but its too late.. one begins to run towards me... it gets just close enough and i kick it square in the jaw snapping it and killing the dog.. not  15 seconds goes by and an older lady starts yelling "You killed my baby" over and over. she continues to tell me that "You are going to jail..blah blah blah"
By this time  Sheriffs that are there for crowd control and keeping the peace here her yelling and come to see whats going on..

They told her that she should have had them on a leash and that i had every right to defend myself from the attack. deadly force was warranted.

this was back in the early 80's when Dobers were big.

Dog attacks me i WILL kill it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Good job.  Should have got her insurance info and threatened suit just to scare her.

I worked on a dairy in high school and the owners brother and family lived next door.  I had to feed the calves before milking and the pen was next to their yard.  They had some kind of big dog that was pretty viscious.  The sons liked to let the dog off the leash to run around the yard.  If anyone was outside near their house, the dog would chase them.  Anyway, I went out to feed the calves one day and I was carrying two five-gallon buckets of feed.  I also had a 10mm on my hip cause I used to shoot down in the trash pile before I brought the cows up for milking.  The boys were out, the dog was off the leash and he saw me.  He started running toward me and the boys were laughing about it.  I told them they'd better get their dog or I'd shoot it.  They kept laughing and didn't do anything.  Then I pulled the 10mm, safety off, and pointed it at their dog who was still headed at me barking and looking like it was going to bite me.  They stopped laughing really quick and grabbed their dog.  They didn't let it off the leash anymore when I was around.  This was not the first time it happened, either.  Just the only time I had a gun on me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Can't really say without knowing what kind of dog we are dealing with here, and the severity of the attack.

You let loose with pepper spray inside a store filled with people, you got a whole new problem to deal with
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#32]
depending on the size, it sounds like I would have done the same. If it was a big mean dog, Like a big Pit or Rottie, I'd have put it down. But assuming it is a medium size mutt a beating should teach it
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#33]
That's nothing compared to this poor womens biting dog problem...

movies.collegehumor.com/items/2005/06/collegehumor.161133.wmv
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I was wondering when that video was going to appear.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I wouldn't have handled it differently. I snatch my dogs up for acting aggresive and I expect others to do the same if they are around other people. I have kicked other people's dogs for biting or attempting to bite me, and I'll do the same in the future.

I have no problem being bitten if I have it coming but if I don't, I won't tolerate it. Ever.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

the cop said he wouldn't have given a warning; he'd have just shot the dog.

that's a given

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#38]
What kills me was the notion that you were the wrong doer.  She doesn't do anything to prevent the situation from happening, but reacts negatively when action is taken.

If you didn't kick it, and had dropped the bag on the thing, she would have been filing a lawsuit before you were rung up.

I wish these people had really kept their word, and moved to Canada after the election.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I'd have shot it

Seriously, with no hesitation whatsoever it'd be one dead dog.

+1.  Vicious dogs can't be allowed to attack people.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
That's what i would have done.

Lady didn't have control of her dog, her fault.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I would have kicked it too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top