Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 10:43:45 AM EDT
I know some guys here have wives who are from China/Taiwan/Hong Kong so maybe they can help answer this question.

When I interact with an American woman there are certain tell-tale signs I know to look for to help determine if she has any interest in going out with me.  

Are there any major cultural differences in the way a woman raised in Chinese culture might act if she's interested in a man?  Are there things she might do that are different from American women?  Are there things she won't do because it's inappropriate in her culture?  

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#1]
In before someone else says the inappropriate things that just ran through my head.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
In before someone else says the inappropriate things that just ran through my head.

I more than likely had the same thought.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Just show her the size of your hands and feet and wink

you mean like this
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't say anything about Chinese women, but I do know that American women will be shy at first, then lean up against you and run their hands through your hair, across your shoulders, down your back, pausing, then continuing on down to the bulge in your pants, which they quickly extract the credit cards from and disappear with instantly, cackling into the night.

Chinese vs. American women - thoughtful reflections
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not even gonna start....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok guys, I expected these kinds of responses but 5 in like 5 minutes!?   Geez!  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I was expecting to reconfirm with you that it IS NOT side-ways

You'll know she likes you the moment her panties hit the floor
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah they're delicious but then you're hungry again in like an hour
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#9]
From what I understand culture is very important to Asain women.  They like to be called by what they are.  So if she is from China don't call her a Korean and so forth.  And they expect you to know this instead of them telling you.

Actually.all women expect you to know stuff without them telling you.

So no...I guess they aren't all that different.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Be careful of the evil ones looking at  just a ticket to USA.

Many see foreign men as a passport out of the country.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Why do you ask ?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Darkhalf and Vito113 have both made true statements.
My wife doesn't like Koreans and nearly hates Japanese because of WWII and their complete denial of what they did.  She doesn't like "oriental" either.  Asian is ok.
And I have sure as hell gotten in trouble over embarassing her in public.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Why do you ask ?

I know a lady, who is a U.S. citizen but was raised in China, and I'm trying to decide if I have a snowball's chance.  

Probably just grasping at straws.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Are you educated and cleancut?  Then you might have a chance.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey JIMTH: my wife is Korean (still super hot at 53,BTW) says that the way she can tell the difference beween Asian women she sees is this:
No makeup-Chinese
some makeup-Japanese
lots of makeup-Korean     /Seriously, Asian women seem to gravitate to tall, educated,clean-cut executive types (don't know why my wife picked me!), and they may be meek and quiet in public, but at home, they rule the roost with an iron fist.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My wife doesn't like Koreans and nearly hates Japanese because of WWII and their complete denial of what they did.  She doesn't like "oriental" either.  Asian is ok.

Most of the racial dislike among U.S Chinese for the Japanese remains only in the Boomer generation...

It is more PC to refer to Asians Americans as Asians and not "oriental".  Oriental describes things not people.

Public embarrassment would affect most people, but not especially affecting asian women.  Culturally, "face" is more important in asian cultures.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
From what I understand culture is very important to Asain women.  They like to be called by what they are.  So if she is from China don't call her a Korean and so forth.  And they expect you to know this instead of them telling you.

Culture is not important . . . race is important.  Orientals are some of the most racially bigoted people on the face of the earth and are, by and large, not shy about it.  Fact of life.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah...for God's sake don't ask an Asian "Where are you from?". This seems like such an innocent question, but nothing gets the women I know riled up faster that-to my wife,who has lived here 30+years, it is like saying "You don't really belong here"
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#20]
My wife (and I) are 28.  She was born and lived there for a while, don't know if that makes a difference.
Jeep44, my wife would completely screw up your wifes system then!

Quoted:
Most of the racial dislike among U.S Chinese for the Japanese remains only in the Boomer generation...

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#21]
That and she's just tired of nosey people who don't need to know.

Quoted:
Oh yeah...for God's sake don't ask an Asian "Where are you from?". This seems like such an innocent question, but nothing gets the women I know riled up faster that-to my wife,who has lived here 30+years, it is like saying "You don't really belong here"

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#22]
I just want to know if their...well...you know...is reall sideways.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Culture is not important . . . race is important.  Orientals are some of the most racially bigoted people on the face of the earth and are, by and large, not shy about it.  Fact of life.

Fact they are also among the most homogeneous populations on earth may explain that.
I disagree with you.  Culture is always important no matter if same race or not.
I won't get into a pissing match about experience but if you live/have lived abroad you may gain a different perspective.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Worked with a chinese woman who violated my personal space everytime she talked to me. Turns out that the part of China where she comes from is very crowded and the only way you know somebody is talking to YOU is that they are pressed up against you while they talk.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Chinese women can press up against me anytime they want!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow, leave it up to some hillbilly redneck from KY to call Asians "Orientals?"
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Chinese women can press up against me anytime they want!

That's a HUGE +1

Unfortunately, she hasn't done that but she does place her hand on  my leg and shoulder a lot when we are talking.  I don't think much of it because I've seen her do the same thing with other guys she knows well.  

On the other hand, I used to work with a 60+ year old American woman who would come over where I was sitting, smash her left breast against my shoulder and stick her face about four inches from mine.  And the worst part was that she always had frito corn chip breath!   Amazingly, I still like Fritos.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
On the other hand, I used to work with a 60+ year old American woman who would come over where I was sitting, smash her left breast against my shoulder and stick her face about four inches from mine.  And the worst part was that she always had frito corn chip breath!   Amazingly, I still like Fritos.  

Did ya hit it?

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I often have a 50+ year old Korean woman with killer kimchee breath press up against me. I have to hit it:she's my wife.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did ya hit it?

Not even to save my life.  We were all so relieved when she transferred to another location.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

+1, except my wife is Vietnamese.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#32]
A buddy of mine married a Chinese girl.  He had to "buy" her from her parents.  He paid something like $7,000.  Another buddy of mine is dating a Chinese girl and said the same thing.  He'll probably end up spending something like $5-6 grand.  I guess it's Chinese tradition.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Walmart probably has them cheaper.

Quoted:
A buddy of mine married a Chinese girl.  He had to "buy" her from her parents.  He paid something like $7,000.  Another buddy of mine is dating a Chinese girl and said the same thing.  He'll probably end up spending something like $5-6 grand.  I guess it's Chinese tradition.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Japanese women tend to be hotter, IMO.

However, most Chinese women that I know who are actually from China are UG-LY. Bad healthcare and dentistry or something, they all have wrinkly horse-faces.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Called a dowry and it's not only in the Chinese culture...

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Doesn't that kid ever stop eating?....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Well he didn't get the way he is by starving lol
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#39]
A buddy of mine married a Chinese girl. He had to "buy" her from her parents. He paid something like $7,000. Another buddy of mine is dating a Chinese girl and said the same thing. He'll probably end up spending something like $5-6 grand. I guess it's Chinese tradition.

For my wife to be I Bought her Father a new Chinese 32'' Color Television !!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#40]
This is an open ended topic: It Depends upon a combination of things, the Girl's Generation, where in China she is from, Education, upbringing, etc.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#41]
So you want to know about women from Hk and China?? Ya came to the right place.

if you want to get to know them better here a few must knows.

How long has she been here? the longer they are here the more americanized they get. right off the boat they tend to be very conservative.

what does she do and what social status is her family? Chinese women rarely marry down in educational and social status.if her family objects to your relationship you are in deep doo doo.Large percentage don't like mixed marriage. If they object be prepared for hostility from them.

If she only has asian freinds and commos with them in native langauge then be prepared. Many time i have told my wife its rude to speak a langauge others don't understand.i once took a Caucasion freind to a Asian party. I told him he should not go but he insisted Afterwards he told me he has never felt so out of place in his life.

they make good wives as they tend not to jump ship on the first sign of trouble. Divorce is getting more common but not to the extent of Americans.

they are very practical. Security is more important than love for them IMHO.

There are no signs. become freinds first then if still interested ask them out.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why do you ask ?

I know a lady, who is a U.S. citizen but was raised in China, and I'm trying to decide if I have a snowball's chance.  

Probably just grasping at straws.  

Raised in China....  if she likes you she'll let you know.  There will be no doubt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:22:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Even funnier since it was stated in this thread that many don't like it.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow, leave it up to some hillbilly redneck from KY to call Asians "Orientals?"

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I know some guys here have wives who are from China/Taiwan/Hong Kong so maybe they can help answer this question.

When I interact with an American woman there are certain tell-tale signs I know to look for to help determine if she has any interest in going out with me.  

Are there any major cultural differences in the way a woman raised in Chinese culture might act if she's interested in a man?  Are there things she might do that are different from American women?  Are there things she won't do because it's inappropriate in her culture?  

Just ask this woman out to a lunch or something. Grow a pair.
Just kidding about the grow a pair.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just ask this woman out to a lunch or something. Grow a pair.
Just kidding about the grow a pair.

Actually, that's probably the best and most accurate advice I'll ever get when it comes to women.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top