Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Jonathan and Mary in the morning are vomit inducing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife listens to the laughing idiots Bob and Tom, who are about as funny as watching dogshit dry.  One thing I can't stand is that sort of inane bullshit in the morning.  I always listen to my CD's, and since I didn't get one for Christmas I am buying an XM radio with built in USB keychain slot so I can listen to MP3's too.  As far as I am concerned, they can remove FM from the damn unit and I'd still buy it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate listening to the hahahahahahahahahahahahah at stupid jokes.
Or when they try to talk over each other.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I listen to talk radio.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#5]
It's not just an American phenomenon. I had the same problem when I was living in Ireland. When I'm up far earlier than I would like, I want to hear music.

A new station has appeared in the San Francisco area, 95.7 Max FM. It actually plays music in the mornings.

Greg Kihn isn't bad either, mind. 98.5 KFOX. At least he's a musician so a lot of his rambling is music related. Impromptu jam session this morning, for example, with a chap from Deep Purple.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Got enough CDs in the car. Can't stand all the jackasses that think they are entertainers as well as the crap commercials. Some of these ass hats if they play any music at all just beat to death the same old shit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Greg Kihn isn't bad either, mind. 98.5 KFOX. At least he's a musician so a lot of his rambling is music related. Impromptu jam session this morning, for example, with a chap from Deep Purple.

NTM

Is that the former front man of the 80s group -  "The Greg Kihn Band"?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]
While I gave up listening to the radio about 10 years ago, really 15, I noticed that the morning show guys, indeed most DJs sounded about the same. Morning shows were no better than now; same old lame ass stuff.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#9]
start the day reading the paper, watching Fox and Friends, then computer checking email, etc.  When driving it's talk radio or a CD.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
The problem with syndicated radio shows is that since they serve such a huge (national) audience, they can't do anything local at all to most of their listeners. They can't appear at local events, don't comment on local issues and border on unreachable--since everyone in the whole country is trying to phone in to the radio show at the same time you are.
So they resort to doing the same stupid stuff every time, meaningless stuff. (prank phone calls!! OMG!! that's like so funny!! even though they do it every day!!) And commenting on national-news stories. Yawn.
~
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Ya I know exactly how you feel, but until I can find a forum that can replace arfcom I'm stuck with the stupid babbling folks..

Oh radio... Shit I just switch over to AM talk radio.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#12]
When I listen to a radio station for music, that's what I want to hear dangit!  I'm not listening to that station because of three or four idiots who do nothing but tell stupid jokes and stroke their f'ing egos.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Is that the former front man of the 80s group -  "The Greg Kihn Band"?

Yes. The Greg Kihn Band still does concerts, actually. Every year they have a 'Kihncert.' This year they had Steve Miller and George Thorogood.

Greg is also refreshingly pro-military. He's generally right-wing, actually, and makes no bones about it on the air.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The problem with syndicated radio shows is that since they serve such a huge (national) audience, they can't do anything local at all to most of their listeners. They can't appear at local events, don't comment on local issues and border on unreachable--since everyone in the whole country is trying to phone in to the radio show at the same time you are.
So they resort to doing the same stupid stuff every time, meaningless stuff. (prank phone calls!! OMG!! that's like so funny!! even though they do it every day!!) And commenting on national-news stories. Yawn.
~

Remember the Burger King 911 call?  That was IIRC played on a radio station originally.  

I used to love the radio show a station that is now replaced by Jack FM put on in the morning before the show got changed around and the station got canned.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I listen to John Boy and Billy www.thebigshow.com.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank God Miami has a Classic Rock station, if not I would kill myself!

Their radio show is hilarious, its basically these two guys arguing the whole time.

I can't stand any of the other morning show tools on the other stations.

www.big1059.com/pages/paulandron.html
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think they do their job really well.
Their job IS entertaining themselves right?

Themselves, yes.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I hate stupid FM radio shows in the morning.  It seems just about every FM radio station, even during the day, has an annoying DJ and so many shitty comercials that play every other song that I just listen to CDs now.  I can't stand the radio.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep.  Same with the tv too.  I turn them on, they make noise but don't really get into what is on.  

I know if I leave them on long enough, someday, they will have some programming I'll be interested in.  

..............................................Maybe?

.............................................Someday?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Especially when they tell some sort of lame ass joke and laugh at it for several minutes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Especially when they tell some sort of lame ass joke and laugh at it for several minutes.

That seems to be their 'filler'.

Say something marginally amusing and then laugh like hyennas for 3 minutes so they don't have to think of anything else funny to say.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Drew and Mike on WRIF in detroit. They rule, and you can listen to them on the net.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Haven’t listen to FM since I got My Sirius receiver two years ago.  Could never go back to FM.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#25]
The morning show here on KEDJ is pretty good. The hosts are actually funny, and they play a song or two about every 5 minutes. Not many commercials either.

And Howard Stern should be lit aflame and kicked down a cliff....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Our local morning radio show KLBJ-AM has been linked to a rise in suicides and road rage incidents.

Basically, it's a couple of idiots trying to re-live their glorious college football days.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top