Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 3:51:41 PM EDT
Ok I just got a wireless g router from linksys works fine wired got the wireless secured via WEP

but after a while it starts off working fine but then boom my connection crawls and I cant even connect to the router to change configurations with out unplugging the router and plugging it back in agien.

currently the wireless is disabled and my connection is back to normal no problems.
so I something is interferating with my wireless I had the routers send channel set to 11 and according to network stumbler the neihbors were on chan 9 so I dont think were getting crosstraffic.

need help as I want to be able to use my laptop on the network.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone nearby using a cordless phone?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
anyone nearby using a cordless phone?

whoop forgot about that  thats probly it.

now i need to dig up the manual for the phone and see what channel its on.

well crap fouund the manual but it doesnt tell me what channels the phone uses.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
cordless phone at work wipped out our wlan.  phone change solved that.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
You can manually configure your channel, best config is ch 6 that is in the middle of the spectrum and allows for middle of the road. You may want to try the other channels if you still have the congestion issue.

Who knows ch 1 may work the best for you.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
ok changed to  channel 1 and so far so good.

If all else fails ill just get a 5.2 ghz phone/
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah its working fine now I did changed the channel and as a experminet moved the phone out of the room and everything works fine now.,
thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Most wireless routers are defaulted to ch 6.  Mine kept cutting off, and I found the computers would be hunting for the channel.  Turns out a neighbor's was on ch 6.  I set mine to ch 3 and have not had a problem since.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad I could help you out..

Happy fast surfing !!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top