Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/1/2006 11:46:56 AM EDT
I was just out shooting one of my fal's when it decided to become a single shot rifle. The first shot fired and the second shot would have a very lite primer strike. That happened twice and then the bolt locked about.5 inch out of battery and is still stuck with a live round in it.

First off, how do I safely get the bolt unlocked?
Second, what caused it to become a single shot?

Thanks ahead of time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:53:12 AM EDT
In first with:

Obviously, you have purchased a POS. At this point, it is not safe for you to handle it further. Send it to me and I will dispose of it safely.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:56:59 AM EDT
Tagged in case the FAL I ordered in early November that was going to take 6 week to deliver and then was going to be here by year's end but still isn't here has the same problem.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:58:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By callgood:
Tagged in case the FAL I ordered in early November that was going to take 6 week to deliver and then was going to be here by year's end but still isn't here has the same problem.

Mine has almost 2 thousand trouble free rds thru it. This is a first for any fal I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:59:12 AM EDT
Can't answer your question Mr Clean but I'm real close to buying one so I'll just hang around and read the replies.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:59:53 AM EDT
The accepted method for a rifle in this condition is to drink a six pack of Miluakee's Best, then with the heel of your shoe, step on the charging handle like you would if you were kick-starting a motorcycle.

Make sure that the trajectory of any projectiles is at least an inch away from your body. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:04:19 PM EDT
Pull down on the charging handle while at the same time butt stroke it on a hard surface.

Ammo?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:04:35 PM EDT
I dont know if this helps cause it wasnt an FAL, but I had a similar problem with a garand I bought from the CMP. The firing pin was out of spec and was causing the bolt to lock up closed. I finally tried the kick start technigue and got it open. It did break the firing pin but I got a new one and havent had a problem since.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:37:05 PM EDT
I got it out, looks like a bad extractor.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:28:10 PM EDT
Is the gas plug in upsidedown? If so it will do just as you described. One setting is for normal operation, the other is for grenade launching.

Balming
Top Top