Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 2:01:02 PM EDT
....was spent at the range!! had a ball

took my 16 yr old daughter with me after years of begging. was pleasantly surprised when she agreed to go. her boyfriend was suppposed to go as well, but the lazy bum couldn't get out of bed. I asked her if he didn't go, did she still want to go? she said Yes. wow

anyways, we arrived at the range, got all our gear unloaded. she didn't realize until after we got there that her 10/22 and challengerIII were gone. I asked for 3 yrs for her to tag along, she never would so I sold them. I then watched her sit on her duff for a half hour...BUMMER...then I asked her if she wanted to try out something small, like my S&W 5906. she said ok. after showing her how to load,unload and make safe she cracked off a magazine. I gave her the basics on Safety,  sight picture, stance, ear & eye protection, loading a magazine to capacity(that took awhile) "my fingers hurt" and target aquisition. we used bowling pins at 15 yds, before I knew it she was loading, racking, firing.....I let her alone.....350 rounds later she was ready to go home, only due to us running out of ammo. she had discovered the joy of hitting something with a bullet and trying to repeat over and over again. one last question remained...do you know how to clean it? ;)

all in all, a GREAT day

looks like I need another 9mm

Gary
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent way to spend the day. Shooting your your kid.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Excellent way to spend the day. Shooting your your kid.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
today i shot for the first time in several years, and for the first time with my own rifle.  i did ok from the bench but my offhand shooting was
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top