LOUISIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Georgia.

Better gun laws than Texas.

Lots of tech jobs in metro Atl.

Meets all other criteria as well.

Sorry, LARRYG but I don't like our gun laws.  I was in Savanaah right before the New Year and found an XD 40 sub and wanted to buy it and was told they couldn't sell be a handgun becuase I'm from out of state.  Not suree about other states, but I wasn't impressed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Not Kommiefornia!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
VA...been here 6 months from NY and loving it!!!

I concur I've been here for 3 months and I love it. My area is very pricey, though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Georgia.

Sorry, LARRYG but I don't like our gun laws.  I was in Savanaah right before the New Year and found an XD 40 sub and wanted to buy it and was told they couldn't sell be a handgun becuase I'm from out of state.  Not suree about other states, but I wasn't impressed.

Federal law restricts the transfer of handguns to your state of residence. If you find a handgun you like in another state it just needs to be shipped to a FFL in your state of residence.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Georgia.

Well, that's Federal LAW, not state law, duh.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is that Pat Green?  I don't think anyone else has even heard of Del Rio

Yeah it's a Pat Green tune....

I used to go out to Del Rio when I was under 21 to go drinkin' at the bars there.....

We used to go out to Ma's Crosby's too, ole' Pat used to play out there too, at the Corona Club.......

Seen him at Luckenbach too.....

I just love that song though 'cause I was born a native Texican, and I'm proud to say that I am!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to go out to Del Rio when I was under 21 to go drinkin' at the bars there.....

We used to go out to Ma's Crosby's too, ole' Pat used to play out there too, at the Corona Club.......

I just love that song though 'cause I was born a native Texican, and I'm proud to say that I am!!

[hijack]Just saw Pat Green in Tempe, AZ last month.  Awesome show and Jerry Jeff Walker was in the audience just milling around.  Small little club with standing up front and some chairs in the back.  As a matter of fact, I'm  wearing my Pat Green "Lucky Ones" shirt right now.[\hijack]

So, for that I give you the Phoenix area.  Great gun laws, the job market don't suck but housing is getting expensive.  Weather gets extreme in the summer obviously though.  If you can afford to head up to the northern area it's nice up there.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much do you know about Alpine?  I think that is the name.  If I recall, US90 splits into 2 1-way strips going through town and then joins back together.  Is that Alpine?  There was a really nice roadhouse there with great steaks and apparently some famous people owned ranches near there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]

If it's true, BOY OH BOY DO I FEEL LIKE I GOT SOME FREEDOM BACK!

Way to go Michigan!

Great lakes, awesome woods, and now automatic weapons...woot!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Would love to know peoples opinions regarding the best state to live in based on:

-Gun rights and useability (conceiled carry, NFA weapons, 1000+ yard ranges, etc...)working on suppressors, and only have 600yd ranges
-Freedom in general (few restrictions and few licences required to enjoy life)check
-Resonably weather conditions (few or no natural disasters, no temperature extremes)well.. there almost no natural disaster aside from the occasonal tornato, but temp extremes...
-Jobs (technology sector)check
-Low taxescheck
-Reasonable cost of livingcheck

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much do you know about Alpine?  I think that is the name.  If I recall, US90 splits into 2 1-way strips going through town and then joins back together.  Is that Alpine?  There was a really nice roadhouse there with great steaks and apparently some famous people owned ranches near there.

Guess I started a Texan reunion eh?  One more reason to move to Texas!! Texan Pride!!

Alpine is in a beautiful area of Texas, that's about as much as I know as I've only rolled through town a few times....but the area itself is just flat out beautiful and very spaced out.

Sul Ross Junior College is there also, I believe.......that's about all I can tell ya 'bout that.......
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Idaho

Not Idaho....Idaho sucks!!!!!

Now go home!!!

J/K

Eastern Oregon is better than Idaho.

Why?

-No Sales Tax

-People can actually drive

-Hunting and fishing is just as good, if not better (no sales tax on fishing and hunting/shooting equipment )

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Indiana(I can't reccomend IL because we're overrun by the Commies) fits all your requirements, the weather's same as IL, cold winters, hot summers, but it's overall nice.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:07:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Indiana(I can't reccomend IL because we're overrun by the Commies) fits all your requirements, the weather's same as IL, cold winters, hot summers, but it's overall nice.  

I thought they had restrictions on NFA weapons... no short shotguns was one if I remember...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Georgia.

OK! Duh! Didn't know that.  Never tried it before.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:42:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Having lived in the state of confusion for years, I can say it works for me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
We need more conservatives in Florida. Especialy  SE Florida.

+1.

Hurricane season is something to think about recently.  But it won't be so extreme every year.

The weather report

for the year

"Mostly sunny, Highs in the 80's, Lows in the 70's
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Georgia.

OK! Duh! Didn't know that.  Never tried it before.

Before you start bashing ANY state's laws, maybe you should find out if the one in question actually is a state law instead of a Fed law.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nevada, Zero income tax, low sales tax, low property tax.
Open carry even in liberal las vegas. No nfa restrictions. Right to carry
Wonderful weather
Great job market.
Cost of living is some what up, but so are paying jobs.

No income tax

Sweet! so what's the catch?

If it's anything like Florida, we let the TOURISTS pay for everything  

Florida is good for most of the items you're looking for.  However, we do have an influx of asshats coming down (mostly in the south part of the state) and screwing things up for the rest of us.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top