Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:05:34 PM EDT
I am eating orange chicken and got it non spicey but I bit into some plant thingie (some sort of pepper) THAT WAS HOT AS HELL and it's still burning. Is there anything that can neutralize the burning sensation?

Edit

Thanks to the help of the fine members of this board, my mouth may survive afterall. Chocolate ice cream did the trick to neutralize the pepper oil from Satan's tears.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
chocolate.

wuss
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
milk, bread, or something sweet works for me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
wa-ta
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am eating orange chicken and got it non spicey but I bit into some plant thingie (some sort of pepper) THAT WAS HOT AS HELL and it's still burning. Is there anything that can neutralize the burning sensation?

White rice or milk.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
wa-ta

okay, apparently you havent ever eaten anything REALLY hot.  taco bell hot sauce is not hot
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
wa-ta

Water does not neutralize spice. it just dilutes distributes the flavor over the entire mouth.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Fat from dairy.  Cream, whole milk, sour cream.

Skim milk is useless.  Don't drink alcohol, it doesn't dilute the hottitude, it just moves it around to more sensitories in your food-hole.

(Sorry about the medical jargon in that last sentence.  I'm in medical special forces )
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Chocolate works best.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks! I ate a couple of spoonfuls of chocolate ice cream and that helped a LOT! That was about the hottest thing I've ever eaten. I don't know wtf it was, but I've eaten some very hot things before and this was red hot run to the bathroom sink for water hot.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#11]
milk or ice cream
eta-never, ever eat those little red peppers
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Milk.

I only drink skim and it works great.  Maybe the fatboy milk works better, I dunno.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

oh yeah, pussy

I was cutting some really hot peppers (some Asian Thai pepper or something. I can't remember right now) for some Fajitas and got the pepper's oil on my fingers. Well, after dinner, I "stuck my fingers in the pie for some dessert". My wife did not enjoy that too much at all. Sh said it burned just a bit.

Lesson learned: Don't put your fingers in pie if you have hot pepper oils on them.

Oh yeah. Milk will help nuetralize the burning of a hot food.

Kris
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
milk or ice cream
eta-never, ever eat those little red peppers

I'm eating in the dark watching Battlestar Galactica season 2 on DVD. WTF was that thing? I looked in the cup I spit it out in that I had next to my bed and it's red.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#15]
A BEER. Really it works. The only time that I drink a beer while I'm eating is when I am eating somehting hot n spicy like chicken wings.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe I'm wrong about it being the milk fat, but I've noticed anything with milk fats (except butter for some reason) does the best job for me.

I just don't think skim has the accuracy necessary to neutralize it, even if you put a scope and tactical light on it.  

Anyone know what caliber is best for neutralizing hot foods?

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh yeah, pussy

I was cutting some really hot peppers (some Asian Thai pepper or something. I can't remember right now) for some Fajitas and got the pepper's oil on my fingers. Well, after dinner, I "stuck my fingers in the pie for some dessert". My wife did not enjoy that too much at all. Sh said it burned just a bit.

Lesson learned: Don't put your fingers in pie if you have hot pepper oils on them.

Kris

Hahaha, how long was it before you had pie again?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I may be wrong, but an old wise man once told me the burn from peppers and such is from them being a base. The milk's lactic acid helps to nuetrilize the base and stop the burn.

Some one please correct me if I'm wrong.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't drink anything cold.  As the oils released when you bite the pepper are what makes your tongue burn, anything cold will make them start to congeal and stick to your tongue/mouth.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
beer.... bread .. or milk....

Ted...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Grab a large table spoon, put it in your mouth and put your tongue on it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh yeah, pussy

Kris

Hahaha, how long was it before you had pie again?

We learned that "burnt pie" is not any good.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Maybe I'm wrong about it being the milk fat, but I've noticed anything with milk fats (except butter for some reason) does the best job for me.

I just don't think skim has the accuracy necessary to neutralize it, even if you put a scope and tactical light on it.  

Anyone know what caliber is best for neutralizing hot foods?

this kid is A-OK
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Milk, with butter milk being the best.

Bread helps.

Never tried chocolate.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Edit

Thanks to the help of the fine members of this board, my mouth may survive afterall. Chocolate ice cream did the trick to neutralize the pepper oil from Satan's tears.

Eat bread
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Somebody Tell Me How to Neutralize HOT Spicy Stuff In Your Mouth!

Quit *%#@ the illegal immigrants you hire as day laborers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Fat from dairy.  Cream, whole milk, sour cream.

Skim milk is useless.  Don't drink alcohol, it doesn't dilute the hottitude, it just moves it around to more sensitories in your food-hole.

(Sorry about the medical jargon in that last sentence.  I'm in medical special forces )

Yeah, what he said.

For this sort of thing you need dairy. The higher the milkfat content the better. Buttermilk works great.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Next time grab one of the peppers quick and rub it all over your crotch. The discomfort in your mouth will be reduced to nothing in seconds.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top