Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 11:15:22 AM EDT

I have about a dozen cans of M-16 ammo on stripper clips in OD bandoliers from Vietnam sitting in reserve. I never shot this stuff because I have so much Lake City Federal and Nato battlepacks that are more current ammo.

But I plan on dumping a bunch of 5.56 through my Shrike and started to link up my old VN stuff since I'm just gonna be running belts. Then I got to wondering if it had any collector value.

I know a lot of mil surplus is not valuable (WWII vintage 8mm Mauser is still cheap as hell) but I also know that "some" stuff is quite valuable.

So is the Vietnam era M-16 ammo cardboard boxed on stripper clips and in bandoliers worth anything more than any other current 5.56 ammo?

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it.  Can see it having much collectors value.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Screw u and ur shrike
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

But I plan on dumping a bunch of 5.56 through my Shrike and started to link up my old VN stuff since I'm just gonna be running belts.

Hmm.........doesn't look like AirSoft...........
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#4]
That's some good ammo FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Now I know why .223 is better than .308, it's a hellova lot easier to link by hand.

Only 300 more rounds to go.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The bandoleers and stripper clips are probably not worth anything. Any can you open has them in there. At least any time I have been to the range. We end up shit canning a big wad of them. I used to grab them and bring them home, but figured out that the trash bag full of smelly bandoleers was never gonna get used, and I tossed them.

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
You can still buy new.  I don't know why the old moldy stuff would be more valuable.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Shoot it up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You can still buy new.  I don't know why the old moldy stuff would be more valuable.

As a VN war collectable?

I know you can buy new Lake City and it is better ammo.

I just wanted to make sure this stuff didn't have a collector value before I burned it up.

I'll still keep a few cans to go with my SP1 Colt.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Dude! I wanna shoot your Shrike! Gonna be in Florida any time soon?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top