Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051230/NEWS01/512300319/1002

<snip>
The man's co-worker, who was cutting branches on a hydraulic lift, witnessed the accident and ran into the residence for help. A woman living there called 911.
<snip>

what a pal

boss gets pulled into a chipper and other guy runs inside.

Okay then, what exactly would have done.

*Muffled Screams*

* Bob turns around to see a pair of boots slide into the chipper*

"CPR!"
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Closed casket?

covered bowl
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Closed casket?

covered bowl

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Total morselization"....let's face it, that's FUNNY.   No other part of this is,  but you've got to note the humor used by (presumably) the medical examiner and his ability to pick up on the uses of the poor
guy's last name in a case like this.

CJ

I actually think "morselization" is really a medical term.  I have a client who does orthopedic medicine, and when they go in and grind up a piece of bone to attach a rod or a fake joint, that's called "morselization."

But it does fit well with the guy's last name.

I feel bad for the family.  Nothing really to say goodbye to, except a pile of goo.

Ick.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Been there, done that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Had this happen to a migrant worker several years ago......When the medical examiners office came to pick up the "body" for transport they just shoveled a pile of ooze into a small garbage bag.    Unreal.

I suppose it only hurts for a fraction of a second.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#8]
**WOOD CHIPPER FOR SALE**

Brand new runs excellent $6000

On a Form 3 in CA.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>
The man's co-worker, who was cutting branches on a hydraulic lift, witnessed the accident and ran into the residence for help. A woman living there called 911.
<snip>

what a pal

boss gets pulled into a chipper and other guy runs inside.

Okay then, what exactly would have done.

*Muffled Screams*

* Bob turns around to see a pair of boots slide into the chipper*

"CPR!"

I've worked with large chippers designed to take 8-10" diameter logs.  Depending on how far away the other guy was, there may have not been any time to get to the saftey bar to stop the feed rollers.        The thing is, once the feed wheels grab ya, it's not like you can yank your arm back and just be missing a hand.  It just keeps pulling you in.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]
....They are advised to wear close-fitting clothing and stand within reach of the emergency shutoff button.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#11]
worthless without video
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow. Life imitates art. We did that exact same thing in "The Punisher" game. It was considered one of the more visceral interrogations.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The man who died Wednesday after getting pulled into a wood chipper was the owner of the tree service company working at the west Loveland residence where the incident occurred.

Brian Morse, 54, was declared dead at the scene, at a home in the 2300 block of Fountain Drive, after his glove became stuck in the wood chipper and pulled him in.

The Larimer County Coroner's Office identified Morse, owner of Brian's Tree Trimming & Removal Service, using fingerprints. The cause of death was listed as "total morselization."  

Is he gonna be OK?

efxguy
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Closed casket?

covered bowl

Altoids tin.

I worked for a summer at a pallet recycling plant a few years ago. We had 2 industrial sized(I mean one was top loaded and 20 feet high) and a dude fell into one. Never heard screams like that before. Thanksfully for the dude, his coworker hit the emergency shutoff and the thing stopped turning like 3 inches from his feet.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No one has said anything about the fact that his gloves protected his hands????

Must have been some pretty nice gloves.

+1
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#16]
If not a tree, then it must have been the bushes fault
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
jesus......what a way to go......

I think I'd rather be burned and hung from "blackwater bridge" than be fed through a wood chipper.....

Imagine what would be going through your mind as you were ripped to friggin' shreds......if he was lucky he went head first.......if not.....either way....

Umm, the article said his hand got caught while feeding a branch in.  To go in feet first, he'd have had to be basically squatting on the rim of the thing.  Now, I am no chippin' expert but I don't think that's how it is done.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think I'd rather be burned and hung from "blackwater bridge" than be fed through a wood chipper.....

Imagine what would be going through your mind as you were ripped to friggin' shreds......if he was lucky he went head first.......if not.....either way....

I can't imagine you could go any other way than head first.

What sucks is it was probably because of those cheap work gloves with the huge baggy opening around the wrist. I've never understood those. I think they are unsafe as hell. If something (ie: a tree branch) gets caught on the wrist part (which is about the ONLY place something could catch) You cannot get your hand out of the glove. I'm sure that is what caused this poor guy to be killed. I doubt he had time to feel anything. At least I hope so.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Anybody thought this could be suicide?  I wonder if, at the last second, he felt remorsel?

1911fan                            

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The glove issue....I'm sure that what really happened was that the gloves gave a clue as to what morsels were the ones with fingerprints still on them.    Find the gloves, find the fingertips.

CJ

[johnniecochran]If the glove does not fit, this man you must_________________________ *[/johnniecochran]

*(add in your answer here, ARFCOMmers....)
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope it was quick, but somehow I doubt it.

A LEO friend of mine said it took less than 10 seconds.   The chipper was a high-end unit, and supposedly didn't even stall.

I dunno,  sit here and count off 10 seconds. That seems like some massive agony if one is being groud into hamburger..
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#23]
It is a sad topic but I was ROFL at all the comments.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A LEO friend of mine said it took less than 10 seconds.   The chipper was a high-end unit, and supposedly didn't even stall.

I dunno,  sit here and count off 10 seconds. That seems like some massive agony if one is being groud into hamburger..

You would pass out from the trauma I would guess about 3-4 seconds in.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It is a sad topic but I was ROFL at all the comments.

Assholes.  A guy just doing his job being treated like this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would pass out from the trauma I would guess about 3-4 seconds in.

Time is relative.  Those few seconds could last a long time.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Man 10 seconds is a very long time if you are still conscious, going in feet first.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Is he gonna be OK?

efxguy

<Ol' Uncle Lar'>No, Li'l Tommy, he's not gonna be ok.</Ol' Uncle Lar'>

Rest in pieces, Mr. Morse.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Closed casket?

covered bowl

Altoids tin.

I worked for a summer at a pallet recycling plant a few years ago. We had 2 industrial sized(I mean one was top loaded and 20 feet high) and a dude fell into one. Never heard screams like that before. Thanksfully for the dude, his coworker hit the emergency shutoff and the thing stopped turning like 3 inches from his feet.

I can't think of a worse way to go.  I can imagine the screams were bloodchilling.  I know I'd be howling like a stuck pig.  Did he shit his pants?  I know I would have and I wouldn't be ashamed of it either.

It's a sad story though - guy starts a business, probably had a family, only to go via some shitty accident like that
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Did this happen in FARGO?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The man who died Wednesday after getting pulled into a wood chipper was the owner of the tree service company working at the west Loveland residence where the incident occurred.

Brian Morse's morsels, 54, was were declared dead at the scene, at a home in the 2300 block of Fountain Drive, after his glove became stuck in the wood chipper and pulled him in.

The Larimer County Coroner's Office identified Morse, owner of Brian's Tree Trimming & Removal Service, using fingerprints. The cause of death was listed as "total morselization."  

I didn't even know they had a term for that.

Errr....  I mean "".
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Wow. Life imitates art. We did that exact same thing in "The Punisher" game. It was considered one of the more visceral interrogations.

That video game has got to be the reason why this guy got turned into spagetti meat.  Time to ban video games!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Didn't some guy run his ex-wife through a wood chipper years ago?

This CT guy chipped his wife back in 1986.

www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/family/woodchipper_murder/index.html

OMG! Ya'll need to read this account, this guy sounds like a arfcom hero!

Cliff notes: Man is a airline pilot who allegedly flew for th CIA, gets job as airline pilot and bangs lots of stewardesses even though he's a normal looking guy. Gets a really hot one pregnant and they marry. He cheats on his new wife all the time, and occasionally hits her. He blows all the money he makes on a gigantic arsenal, and outdoor yard equipment he never uses. Becomes an "auxilary" police officer, but takes his job way too seriously outfitting a crown vic and going to seminars on his own money. Eventually kills wife.

Let's review

-Worked for CIA
-Bangs hotties
-Gignatic arsenal of sweet weapons.
-Doesn't let the woman in his life control him in any way whatsoever
-Is the biggest armchair commando, ev4r
-eventually kills soon to be ex-wife.

Yep, sounds like the arfcom idol...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Sharp blades?...

Seriously though it is AMAZING at the realm of stupidity people go through when they are comfortable at what they do. One guy in the appliace business used nitrogen to pressurize a compressor... stupid bastard pressurized it to some awful pressures and BOOM!! the compressor explodes killing him.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#35]
I operated a Venneer 1250 when I was forman of tree crew.

You have to work damn hard to get yourself in there and more than likley he reached in to unlodge some brush that was stuck in the rollers.  Ten times faster than shutting the whole grinder down, separating the rollers and taking care of the problem, but 100 times more dangerous.

The rollers are two drums with teeth that force the brush into the solid steel disc with blades (imagine a giant cheese gratter).

Needless to say, the rollers would crush you then you get the red mulch.  I always told my coworkers, once I get so far in , go ahead an run me the whole way through.  I don't want to live as a torso.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:03:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Junker 46  

Assholes. A guy just doing his job being treated like this.

People die tragically and not so tragically every few seconds.  Death is a part of life.  No harm in laughing at what WILL be all of our fate, one way or another.

Life on Earth isn't forever, Junker
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:21:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Damn, I've spent time picking up body parts from train vs pedistrian. but how do bag that one?

To quote Chief Zed from MIB: "Bring a sponge".
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is he gonna be OK?

efxguy

<Ol' Uncle Lar'>No, Li'l Tommy, he's not gonna be ok.</Ol' Uncle Lar'>

Rest in pieces, Mr. Morse.

Dang, it took like weeks before someone finally remembered!!

Thanks, you made my day 71-Hour!

efxguy
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cliff notes: Man is a airline pilot who allegedly flew for th CIA, gets job as airline pilot and bangs lots of stewardesses even though he's a normal looking guy. Gets a really hot one pregnant and they marry. He cheats on his new wife all the time, and occasionally hits her. He blows all the money he makes on a gigantic arsenal, and outdoor yard equipment he never uses. Becomes an "auxilary" police officer, but takes his job way too seriously outfitting a crown vic and going to seminars on his own money. Eventually kills wife.

Let's review

-Worked for CIA
-Bangs hotties

No it doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#40]
It's amazing to me they actually went through the trouble of identifying the body.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's review

-Worked for CIA
-Bangs hotties

You ARE joking, right? I hope so, because I don't see a smilie next to your, umm...comment.

No, he sounds like a sick, sadistic asshole. Not like anybody I know of from here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Closed casket?

It'd be a small one.

Casket? Why waste all that fresh bait? Catfish anyone?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

People die tragically and not so tragically every few seconds.  Death is a part of life.  No harm in laughing at what WILL be all of our fate, one way or another.

Life on Earth isn't forever, Junker

Thanks for the quote, 80FL.  I'll to drop that one in whenever one of those JBT or Marine "in the line of duty" threads pop-up.

For the future protagonist, there are inherent risks in the above professions while protecting the American way of life, meaning having that job.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top