Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:41:03 PM EDT
Where else can you be at a multi billion dollar food company one week, a battered womens shelter the next week, and a department of defense contractor the next.

Today I looked at the most interesting client yet.

They make strike/ballistic plates for personal body armor, humvee armor packages, CH-46/47 armor packages, HH-60 (blackhawks) armor packages, OH-58 (Kiowas) armor packages, M110 armor packages, D500 (little bird) armor packages, and a bunch of other armor packages.  Lets just say I had a lot of fun today.

I am truly amazed at the process of making personal body armor plates.  It is definately the first manufacturing process I have seen where a products material costs much more then the labor put into the product.  I was almost floored by the amount of time that actually goes into making one strike plate.  As in how little it is.  Again I was almost floored at the cost of the material to make these strike plates.

I got to look at an up-armored humvee, a huge M110 truck, and a little bird today all in R&D.

Although it was a long day counting all this stuff, it was a really fun day to say the least.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top