Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2001 8:55:55 AM EDT
Went to go and see the Dino movie (Jurassic Park III) last nite and in the previews was a little trailer for the Blackhawk Down movie.
The begining credits started out with the naming of the location (Somolia) and I leaned over to my date and said "Blackhawk Down movie." As the previews kept rolling, they finally did the name and sure enough, it was Blackhawk Down.
She then asked how I knew. I told her I had read the book and that I had heard it was gonna be a movie. She then asked where I had heard that. AR15.com discussion room.

This could be a pretty good one from the looks of it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The Date or the Movie?
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I really hate it when people talk at the movies...
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got my fingers crossed that they didn't screw up a very good book.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got my fingers crossed that they didn't screw up a very good book.
View Quote

Don't worry, it will be screwed up.  Remember that this is Hollywood we're talking about.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard they were going to add a "Hollywood love story" into the plot, and it was gonna star Alec Baldwin, Fat Rosie, and Babs Streisand in a vicious love triangle.

Certainly fouling up what could be a good flick.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Ridley Scott is making it. Hey I have high expectations from the guy that directed Alien, BlabeRunner, Gladiator, The Duelists to name a few. I'm thinking the chances are pretty good... .
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
preview looked good.
Tom Siezmore: can we all say "typecast" :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
preview looked good.
Tom Siezmore: can we all say "typecast" :)
View Quote

I don't mind him becoming typecast is he keeps starring in great movies.  He sucked as the rich and ruthless crime boss in Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.

I heard that the guy that did The Rock was making this one (Jerry Bruckheimer), which means that all historical accuracy would be thrown out the window.  I can just see one of the main characters telling a Somalian to "drop the bunny" in a thick and fake southern accent.

Ever notice that most actors butcher a Southern accent?  Only Park Overall and the blonde that played on the Jerry Springer movie have ever done it right.  The Jerry Springer chicka was so good that she sounded like she was literally from my town.  All of my immediate family talks like that.  I don't talk like that unless I am VERY angry.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have high hopes as well.  There were several military advisors on-set during the Morrocan shoot.  The 160th guys came in with Little Birds and Hawks and their reports back have been positive.  Some things have been changed and there are some "composite" characters, but overall I think it will be a good deal that will do justice to TFR.

-SARguy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top