Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:46:26 PM EDT
Bushmaster is selling both the lowers and the uppers now.

I got an eyeful of that Type 97S with its 4lb. weight when I was looking through their catalog. I recieved my Mini-Y Comp today, paged through the included catalog (damn marketing geniuses!)and began salivating.

They're selling the barrels, too, and an adapter for other types of comps. I am wondering what parts would work in this gun; would a standard parts kit do the trick, or is there some sort of shortened carrier-thing going on? How about fore-ends?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:47:39 PM EDT
Why would you brag about recieving a mini-y comp?

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:49:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By samsong:
Bushmaster is selling both the lowers and the uppers now.

I got an eyeful of that Type 97S with its 4lb. weight when I was looking through their catalog. I recieved my Mini-Y Comp today, paged through the included catalog (damn marketing geniuses!)and began salivating.

They're selling the barrels, too, and an adapter for other types of comps. I am wondering what parts would work in this gun; would a standard parts kit do the trick, or is there some sort of shortened carrier-thing going on? How about fore-ends?

What!?!?

TC
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:51:30 PM EDT
Gotta agree on the mini Y. IT'S LOUD! as for the carbon 15 , yes the type 97 uses a short carrier. As well as a diffrent buffer spring and buffer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:06:29 PM EDT
Dude.............You'll shoot your eye..err..blow you ears out!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:07:45 PM EDT
I was thrilled to take that mini-y off my rifle after the ban ended! I would of thought it was discontinued by now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:19:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rocky9_5:
Gotta agree on the mini Y. IT'S LOUD! as for the carbon 15 , yes the type 97 uses a short carrier. As well as a diffrent buffer spring and buffer.

Loud? I shoot .30-06 and 8mm all the time, how the hell's the AR with a Mini-Y loud? I've shot it before, and while there's an interesting "wheezing" sound with the pop, it ain't any louder than anything else I have. Now, when you're standing to the side, it'll blow your hat off...
Top Top