Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 7:11:25 AM EDT
Well it may not be as cool as some of your firearm presents.. But I finally got to my mom and dads to do the gift exchange. I got to say my uncle really came through With the really cool gift (this is his first year back after getting out of prison in Colorado)! He hooked me up with a full set of The Book of Buckskinning vol 1-8.

Man this series covers EVERYTHING! About life during the moutainman times. And they will be a welcome addition to my current BOB setup.

Time to let the beard get bushy and get me a Capote! Who's go the pemmican?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks pretty interesting, I'm not much into skinning but I'd like to read about the life of a Mountain man. Albiet, I bet your Uncle has some pretty good stories as well.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That looks pretty interesting, I'm not much into skinning but I'd like to read about the life of a Mountain man. Albiet, I bet your Uncle has some pretty good stories as well.  

Ya.. He was a prison guard that got burned out.. And moved back home to Oregon. He does have some stories, I would hate to be in that line of work.

The books cover field craft more than skinning and tanning.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
does it have any good recipies for assmonkey?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
does it have any good recipies for assmonkey?

Just browsing threw them there is a couple of sections on cooking. Most of the receipts are pre 1900's That's when there was not a large population of assmonkeys. So there is little to no receipt's.. But there is a few for pemmican!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top