Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 6:16:44 PM EDT
    Is Montana still a very conservative state?  Isn't it one of the MOST gun friendly states? I was also wondering about Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
[spelling nazi]it's conservative[/spelling nazi]

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Aren't you POSTING from Montana?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
[grammar nazi][spelling nazi]It's spelled conservative.[/spelling nazi][/grammar nazi]

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends on how you define "conservative."  What are your "requirements."
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
<picking nose> Huh? <resumes picking>
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
fixed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes it is but Missoula is Montana's Berkely though. Senators are Burns(R) and Baucus(D),
Lots of Kali folk ruining it. I lived in the Flathead Valley. EXCELLENT place to live.
Also you will see lots of Canadian and Washington plates there too
Unfortunately MT has been discovered for some time now

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#8]
In Montana, Gun Control is using both hands to hold a side arm.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#9]
What about Wyoming?

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn picture is breath taking!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sure is!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone have stats on how conservative a state is?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Wyoming is sooooo conservative they beat faggots to death!!!   But seriously, I worked there for 8 years and I still cherrish the sight of multiple rifles hanging on gun racks. They have CCW, no waiting time for gun purchases... I don't really know what else a guy could ask for.  I remember pulling into a buddies car wash that his family owned right on the main drag in Buffalo Wyoming.  He pulled out his new rifle & scope setup and and was aiming it across the street as the Deputy Sheriff rolled by... he looked over as he passed and kept right on driving, even though the muzzle was pointed right at him.  I called him an idiot... but nothing happend.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Look at the 'grade' the Brady bunch gave it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
How about Colorado?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]
ttt
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm thinking Utah, no?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What about Wyoming?

www.wagoneers.com/fotos/Mt-Rushmore-SD/devils-tower-wy.jpg

Because UFO's land there dude!
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Technically, I believe Utah followed closely by Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. Every once in a while though even the most conservative state throws you a curve.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#21]
The Brady Bunch rates Montana as an "F", so I guess we're still doing okay.  On the other hand, we do have a Dem governor, and the legislature pushed through an open container ban and prohibited smoking in bars this year.  The no-smoking bill has an exception for businesses preferring that clientele that allows smoky bars until 2009, as long as children under the age of 18 are not permitted on the premises.    

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
How about Colorado?

Colorado, in my limited experience is pretty damn good....however, I moved from PROC, so anything is better.  But seriously, the gun laws are very good.  The problem is, that there are too many Californian's moving here.  I don't consider myself in that group because I don't want to turn this state on its head like some of them will want to.  

Here's hoping it stays like it is.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Technically, I believe Utah followed closely by Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. Every once in a while though even the most conservative state throws you a curve.

You are right on.  I believe the order is correct too.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
    Is Montana still a very conservative state?  Isn't it one of the MOST gun friendly states? I was also wondering about Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona.

Colorado.........Conservative?? bwahahahaha!!

Ever been to Boulder?  Or how bout Denver where they legalized Pot?  Or maybe Aspen, one of the most liberal towns in CO.......

Texas on the other hand.........minus Austin is about as conservative as it gets!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever been to Boulder?  Or how bout Denver where they legalized Pot?  Or maybe Aspen one of the most liberal towns in CO.......

Texas on the other hand.........minus Austin is about as conservative as it gets!

Texas convervative?  I think you are mistaken Gov. Richards.  What about DFW, Houston, and San Antonio.  Utah ranks No. 1 and Idaho No. 2.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#26]
IMHO it is UTAH
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:51:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever been to Boulder?  Or how bout Denver where they legalized Pot?  Or maybe Aspen, one of the most liberal towns in CO.......

Don't forget Brownsville and Elpaso
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:06:48 AM EDT
[#28]
ND ain't too bad either.

CWP (all weapons, not just pistols), All NFA toys are legal.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
IMHO it is UTAH

What about their alcohol laws?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IMHO it is UTAH

What about them?

You can buy 3.2% beer pretty much anywhere.

Beer >3.2%, wine, and spirits you have to buy from the state liquor store.  They have a monopoly on it (unless you are military/retired/dependant and have access to a class VI store).

IRONY=Deeply religious state like Utah in the Liquor business.....who'da thunk it.

If you are dining out and want a drink with your meal, it depends on what type of liquor license the joint has.  Most places can serve beer and wine no problem.  Hard liquor is more difficult to find since that is a different more "restrictive" liscence.

Their liquor laws there were a non-issue with me since I had a military class IV store close by.

Besides that, I still think Utah has better access to liquor than some of those dry counties in the deep south.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#31]
If your concern is gunlaws go to the NRA website and you'll find a place on there somewhere, probably under NRA-ILA that gives a Cliff's Notes version of each states gunlaws.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IMHO it is UTAH

What about them?

You can buy 3.2% beer pretty much anywhere.

Beer >3.2%, wine, and spirits you have to buy from the state liquor store.  They have a monopoly on it (unless you are military/retired/dependant and have access to a class VI store).

IRONY=Deeply religious state like Utah in the Liquor business.....who'da thunk it.

If you are dining out and want a drink with your meal, it depends on what type of liquor license the joint has.  Most places can serve beer and wine no problem.  Hard liquor is more difficult to find since that is a different more "restrictive" liscence.

Their liquor laws there were a non-issue with me since I had a military class IV store close by.

Besides that, I still think Utah has better access to liquor than some of those dry counties in the deep south.

Do you mean  military can get liquor easier?
Can LEOs to?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top