Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 7:14:21 AM EDT
My 11 year old has been shooting for a while and actually has her own AR. I got a really good deal on a NIB Glock 19c and that's what she got for Christmas. Here is her first outing:

Charging her up:

Finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot

Full recoil:

What an FTF? I thought Glocks weren't supposed to do that . She limp wristed most of the first mag and then got her sea legs.

Caught her anitcipating the recoil.......gotta work on that

As the shooting session went on she started to show some good control and follow-up

Yea I'm proud......and it was fun to give her a present she likes so much. Good kid, straight A student, no problems, helps around the house. That all adds up to a nice Christmas present from dear old dad.

Bomber

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
That is totally cool!  Good choice also, I love my Glocks!

patsue
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at the 5th picture.

Tell her Uncle Painless said that if she will keep her eyes open, it will increase her hits by a factor of 10.

Good job, bomber.  She sounds like a great young lady.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]

good on the both of you!

you have given her some skills she may be able to save her life with or even someone elses! (lets hope we never have to find out )
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cool!

Agreed
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow... Great for your Daughter!!!!! You are a great Dad!!!!!

If she does not keep a stiff wrist jams will occur.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Look at the 5th picture.

Tell her Uncle Painless said that if she will keep her eyes open, it will increase her hits by a factor of 10.

You're right but it's a different problem that I'm at a loss to correct. She is left eye dominant but shoots right handed. I'm trying to get her to shoot with both eyes open and normally work on that when we shoot. Since we only had an hour and it was a new gun, I decided to just let her shoot it this time w/o putting the NRA Instructor hat on. We'll be shooting a more extended session this coming weekend and we're going to work on a few things.

Good pick, I hesitated to post the picture but it is a shortcoming she has right now. She definitely doesn't have the same issue with the AR though.

Bomber

PS she wants to come down and do some testing with you
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#8]
That was very cool...I want my daughter to be a shooter, too!

HH
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look at the 5th picture.

You're right but it's a different problem that I'm at a loss to correct. She is left eye dominant but shoots right handed. I'm trying to get her to shoot with both eyes open and normally work on that when we shoot. Since we only had an hour and it was a new gun, I decided to just let her shoot it this time w/o putting the NRA Instructor hat on. We'll be shooting a more extended session this coming weekend and we're going to work on a few things.

Good pick, I hesitated to post the picture but it is a shortcoming she has right now. She definitely doesn't have the same issue with the AR though.

www.darlynn.com/albums/Morgan-Shooting-2005/shooting_014.sized.jpg

Bomber

Damn!  She has her own tac-vest too?  Thats awsome
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#10]
FTF is a limp wrist issue.. i gave my buddy my hk usp, he cepte getting FTF.. i would take it from him and blast a mag, no problems...

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Damn! She has her own tac-vest too? Thats awsome

Guess what her other present was........a BOB

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
FTF is a limp wrist issue.. i gave my buddy my hk usp, he cepte getting FTF.. i would take it from him and blast a mag, no problems...

You're right and I think I mentioned she limp wristed the first mag. After that it hummed along nicely. It's easy to shoot and accurate but doesn't point well for me. I carry a HK USPc45 and I can point and shoot it better. I do however understand why people love their Glocks. They are nice and for $360 I couldn't go wrong .

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Damn! She has her own tac-vest too? Thats awsome

Guess what her other present was........a BOB

Bomber

You are a true arfcommer.  I am slowly trying to turn my betterhalf into a lean-mean tactical machine.  She just got her a pair of hiking boots though at this rate she will be using a cane before having a tac-vest.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#14]
That's awesome bomber!

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look at the 5th picture.

Then you made exactly the correct decision.  Too many instructors try to correct every mistake every time.  It's like trying to take a drink from a 3 inch fire hose.

Make shooting fun, or they will lose interest.

You tell her that the invitation is always open.  We can even bring my 10 year old granddaughter along.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Will you adopt me?  

Great job, Dad!  And congratulations to your daughter!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Excellent!

ETA a .22 conversion kit might help her with the basic pistol stuff as well.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look at the 5th picture.

Bomber

Most tactical 11 y/o girl ever.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I remember seeing this little doll of yours with her AR for the first time shooting at the Survival Forum Campout, thought it was 'cute'. Then when it was her turn to get up on the line the "little sweetheart" dropped down into a tactical crouch  wearing a tactical vest and started to pound rounds down the range... Not so "Cute" anymore!

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Look at the 5th picture.

Bomber

Definately shines with that AR.  Looks like shes been doing that for awhile.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Excellent!

ETA a .22 conversion kit might help her with the basic pistol stuff as well.

Do you know where I can get one with a threaded barrel? I'd like to use my Pilot with it .

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I've got the Advantage Arms conversion kit, PM me if you want to hear more about it. Probably can be threaded, but not in 1/2-28. You'd have to order the kit with the barrel for the G17/22 in order to have enought length to thread. I don't know how well the Ceiner kit runs on subsonics but they recommend high velocity rounds for the AA kit so it wouldn't be all that "Hollywood Quiet".

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top