BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When there are some places that won't allow CCW, what are you supposed to do besides leave it in the car? Bury it in the flower bed outside the P.O.?  

My local PO has a no cell phone sign...It doesn't say turn down the ringers, or no talking on them, it says no cell phones...I wonder where those are supposed to go too...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Friend of mine, who is a member here, left his guns at his office one night after a day of shooting.  Guy from the mail room stole them all.  Most were recovered right away but one didnt turn up until months later.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you may be guilty of "Wreckless Endangerment".    Dont leave guns unattended outside your home.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Unbelievable. Why would anyone leave a firearm unattended in a vehicle? Some people are beyond help.
Not a very smart thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
YOU are enabling the actions of the criminal by reassigning blame to the victim.

"Irresponsible gun owners! Ban them all! See, Mr. Senator/Rep., these people are a scourge! They let bad people have at their weapons!" - Our Lib Friends.

They can't say that if my stuff is secured and kept in check.

Quoted:Do you blame everyone who has had their car stolen for not removing the battery before leaving their car? Do you blame every woman who has had her purse snatched for carrying the purse or not having it handcuffed to her wrist? Do you blame everyone who has had their home broken into for not having bars on their windows?

Apples and oranges from season to season. Refer to my gold bullion thought. Some people have shit happen to them like our thread starter because of their actions. A criminal will pry at every crack and corner to get their way. A little prevention (and common sense) helps a whole lot.

Quoted:Someone broke into his car and stole his gun. Well, that sucks. File a claim with insurance (especially if you are an NRA member) and replace the gun. Then get a cheaper gun and keep it in the car instead.

Refer to the definition of insanity: Doing the same action over and over thinking a different result will happen. Of course putting a new gun in the car everytime the previous one is stolen is a grand idea! Just training the rabbit to go for the carrot in the bowl. Isn't personal responsbility a bitch? Ya know, since this whole 2A thing is our right, eh?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
We sure don't have a shortage of Holier-than-Thou finger-pointers.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's what you should do. Put a nice shiny gun in the trunk and leave it open all night. Then, "accidentally" leave a 1919 in the window of your house and stay up all night behind it watching the car.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is it that hard to not keep that stuff in your car, to avoid attention like that'll bring unwanted guests?

My car doesn't have anything from my hobby in it, the garage doesn't have any gun cleaning materials in it, and I don't go around bragging about my hobby. Is being discrete all that bad? Isn't that what is tought in CCW classes? Isn't that the basis of our ideals? "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty." Doesn't RESPONSIBILTY fall under that unbrella?

Would you walk around bragging about gold bullion in your house? To a thug gang-banger type, my collection is just a means to an end and an end to my rights.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it that hard to not keep that stuff in your car, to avoid attention like that'll bring unwanted guests?

My car doesn't have anything from my hobby in it, the garage doesn't have any gun cleaning materials in it, and I don't go around bragging about my hobby. Is being discrete all that bad? Isn't that what is tought in CCW classes? Isn't that the basis of our ideals? "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty." Doesn't RESPONSIBILTY fall under that unbrella?

Would you walk around bragging about gold bullion in your house? To a thug gang-banger type, my collection is just a means to an end and an end to my rights.  

So if you have to run into the court house to drop off some papers, say, what do you do with your CCW? Bury it in the flower bed outside?  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if you have to run into the court house to drop off some papers, say, what do you do with your CCW? Bury it in the flower bed outside?  

If your a deputy/officer/detective/etc., atleast in my area, it isn't an issue.
You may actually have to leave it at home for once in your life (OMG! AHHHHH).
Once you are done with your deeds at the courthouse, go home and get it.

Don't fight policies on the field, do it in the chambers of the legislatures and write letters. God knows I've put enough pen to paper.

Besides, wasn't there a story not to long ago about a MAC-10 in a steel box buried under a government building?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You are changing the discussion.  Who said anything about Sherrick bragging and displaying his S&W in his vehicle?  It's not against the law to have your hobby in your vehicle.

Other than loose change, appropriate legal documents for my car, and a roadside safety kit, that's all I keep in my car.  But he's not wrong for keeping what he wants in HIS vehicle.

And a M59 S&W isn't exactly gold bullion.     jk!!!!!     Don't shoot my dog Sherrick!  

Merry Christmas!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Y'all are making me reconsider leaving my Keltec P-3AT in the console of my car.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You are changing the discussion.  Who said anything about Sherrick bragging and displaying his S&W in his vehicle? It's not against the law to have your hobby in your vehicle.

Quoted:

It is not that.  Very few know about it and they didn't do it.

More likely someone in the neighborhood knows I'm a cop and figured a cop keeps a gun in their vehicle.

I don't know what his definition of 'few' is, but loose lips sink ship, literally and metaphorically. Neighbors and friends talk. Nothing is a secret and nothing is secure if you tell another person about it.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I don't know what his definition of 'few' is, but loose lips sink ship, literally and metaphorically. Neighbors and friends talk. Nothing is a secret and nothing is secure if you tell another person about it.

Okay, you win.  I'm taking my (good) ball and going home now.  Goodnight.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, you win.  I'm taking my (good) ball and going home now.  Goodnight.

Goodnight.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sounds like you may be guilty of "Wreckless Endangerment".    Dont leave guns unattended outside your home.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Isn't what a CCW is for?

I hate to be a smartass.... but...

"English, motherfucker! Do you Speak it?!"
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Isn't what a CCW is for?

...some one just put on their armband...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Isn't what a CCW is for?

...some one just put on their armband...

No, that would be german.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This one went downhill quick.

Yeah, I made a mistake.  You haven't?  Lots of cops keep an extra gun in their car. Almost NOONE knew about this one, and they didn't talk.  I'd bet my life on those few.

Now, if any of you see a badly blued M59, let me know, ok?

Firearm related? None. No AD or losing anything...
That's a bad policy, if I'd ever see one.
Betting against human nature is the worst bet one could pick.
I'll send you a message if I see one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, I made a mistake.  You haven't?

Firearm related? None....

Liar.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:50:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
This one went downhill quick.

Yeah, I made a mistake.  You haven't?  

You people need to STFU!!!  Whats the difference between leaving a weapon in a vehicle or in your house?  Would you people be popping your mouth off if he had one stolen from his house? ( I will take a guess and say just about everyone here is guilty of leaving at least one weapon unsecured in their house.)

The only way to totally secure your weapon is in a safe! The only problem is its not readily available when you need it most. When a situation goes bad, you will only have seconds to arm yourself.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#25]
What's the difference if someone steals a gun from your car or a bat?  Both are weapons, both can be used to hurt other people, both can cost a lot of money* and both are your property which makes it illegal for someone to steal.

Start blaming the criminal, not the inanimate object or the victim.

*My friend just paid $350 for a softball bat
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#26]
You holier-than-thou pricks make me fucking sick.

His property was burglarized.  There is nothing wrong with leaving a firearm in your property... inside the home, or otherwise.  Some of you people have a lot of liberal fucktard running in your veins.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOU are enabling the actions of the criminal by reassigning blame to the victim.

"Irresponsible gun owners! Ban them all! See, Mr. Senator/Rep., these people are a scourge! They let bad people have at their weapons!" - Our Lib Friends.

They can't say that if my stuff is secured and kept in check.

EVERYTHING that "YOUR Lib Friends" (my sworn enemies) say is a deceitful and wrong. I don't give a flying fuck what Schumer, Swinestain, Kennedy and the like have to say. They can fuck off and die!

Quoted:Do you blame everyone who has had their car stolen for not removing the battery before leaving their car? Do you blame every woman who has had her purse snatched for carrying the purse or not having it handcuffed to her wrist? Do you blame everyone who has had their home broken into for not having bars on their windows?

Apples and oranges from season to season. Refer to my gold bullionshit thought. Some people have shit happen to them like our thread starter because of their actions. A criminal will pry at every crack and corner to get their way. A little prevention (and common sense) helps a whole lot.

Bullshit. Why do place more responsability on the owner of a gun for the theft of his gun than you do on the owner of other property which is more frequently stolen? Because YOU have bought into the propaganda of "YOUR Liberal Friend"!!! You now believe that guns are dangerous and must be kept under lock and key. You are probably a big supporter of "safe storage" laws and other liberal items on the liberal gun ban agenda which are designed to leave the average citizen unarmed when the criminal or government come calling.

Quoted:Someone broke into his car and stole his gun. Well, that sucks. File a claim with insurance (especially if you are an NRA member) and replace the gun. Then get a cheaper gun and keep it in the car instead.

Refer to the definition of insanity: Doing the same action over and over thinking a different result will happen. Of course putting a new gun in the car everytime the previous one is stolen is a grand idea! Just training the rabbit to go for the carrot in the bowl. Isn't personal responsbility a bitch? Ya know, since this whole 2A thing is our right, eh?

First of all, you really should look up the word insanity in the dictionary and stop listening to the horseshit that you hear on Hanity and Colmes.

Second, yes replacing the gun that was stolen out of your car is a grand idea, that way you can have it when you need it. Thieves steal far more radios and sunglasses out of cars than they do guns, and yet people continue to replace them. Why? According to you people who replace the radio in their car are only encouraging the thief to steal more radios.

You have listened to a few too many press releases by the Brady Bunch and such. You assign blame away from the perpetrator of a crime to the victim of the crime the way that the liberal does, yet you talk about personal responsability. Personal responsability means holding people responsible for their actions. The responsability for the crime does not belong to the victim, it belongs to the criminal and to the criminal alone.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top