Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Who's blood is that on the snow? The cat or the mouse?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wish you lived around my house, I kill cats like yours.  People like you are irresponsible for letting your cat run free.

Don't fear the cat.  Fear the cat owner!

+1

My girlfriend wouldn't think twice about shooting someone that hurt her cats.   Think someone won't kill you over their pet?  Think again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#3]
If you let it roam free out in the neighborhood, it's not "your" car anymore, and it is a hazard.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you let it roam free out in the neighborhood, it's not "your" car anymore, and it is a hazard.

yes free roaming automobiles are quite a hazard
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wish you lived around my house, I kill cats like yours.  People like you are irresponsible for letting your cat run free.

Bring it mother fucker! You woundn't be the first ARFcommer to get his ass kicked by Serb.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/2003_0109sarge0005.jpg

Serb looks like a 1/8 scale version of my cat Crusty....

homepage.mac.com/a1911owner/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/Guns/Collection/PDR_0017.jpg

Crusty is AWESOME!  I love big fat cats!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes free roaming automobiles are quite a hazard

pwnt by my own shoddy typing!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Who's blood is that on the snow? The cat or the mouse?

Mouse
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like the cat was just momentarily confused by the attacking mouse. Its no fun hunting down a suicidal mouse that won't run away.

It looks like the reading impaired missed that the cat was in the owners back yard.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#10]
link

WHO GETS RABIES?
Rabies is a deadly disease caused by a virus that can infect all warm-blooded animals including humans. This means it can infect you or your family. Raccoons, foxes, skunks, bats, woodchucks, cats, dogs, and cattle are most likely to get rabies. Rabbits, opossums, squirrels, hamsters, rats and mice seldom get rabies. Birds, reptiles and fish do not get rabies.

that is odd behavior for a mouse, though
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Look more like a Vole

Yep.  NOT a mouse, not by a long shot.  Vole's are strange.  Had one in my house once, it found it's way into the dog food dish.  Both dogs = "WTF?"
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+ One million.  All around here go on a one way trip to the great kitty litter box in the sky.  Want to keep you cat?  Keep it inside.  All this free roam shit is starting to sound like liberal tree hugger talk.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ One million.  All around here go on a one way trip to the great kitty litter box in the sky.  Want to keep you cat?  Keep it inside.  All this free roam shit is starting to sound like liberal tree hugger talk.

Yea I shoot 'em too - they roam in packs, chase deer, leave huge piles of shit in your yard, occasionally kill people even, and they'll kill your cat if you let it out -

oh wait that's dogs....

You guys just hate cats - why are they a hazard? Did one kill your pet hammy when you were a kid? Maybe you pulled one's tail and got scratched?

Stray cat's are one thing, but killing someone's pet because it ventures onto your turf shows you to be a(n) (insert your favorite derogartory adjective here)

Merry Christmas!!

ETA - I figured it out - they're hazards because you might get caught in the crossfire of all the heroes trying to play sniper with them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorta reminds me of my cats a few weeks ago.  I came home from work one afternoon and fired up ARFCOM and about 5 minutes later a damn bird came flying at me out of nowhere.  It must've been in the house most of the day because the little bastard shit all over our bathroom.  Took me a good hour to realize my two cats did absolutely NOTHING to try and eat/kill the thing.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

What about wild trucks (ex. GMC Racoon) and SUVs (ex. Ford opossum) that were there before people.  Are they hazards too?  Come on.  How the hell are they hazards?  Did a cat shit in your pansies or something?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#17]
mayhap it was one of these type rodents...

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#18]
it was hilarious when I watched a squirrel attack my beagle.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

www1.kcn.ne.jp/~toya/PICS/capibara.jpg

WOW! A Rodent Of Unusual Size.

I didn't think they existed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about wild trucks (ex. GMC Racoon) and SUVs (ex. Ford opossum) that were there before people.  Are they hazards too?  Come on.  How the hell are they hazards?  Did a cat shit in your pansies or something?

Around my neighborhood they end up squashed under cars after running in traffic or in the mouth of dogs that are out being walked on leashes.  My sister got cut up bad trying to get one out of her dog's mouth.  Dog sniffed under a parked car, and suddenly there's teeth and claws flying everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Around my neighborhood they end up squashed under cars after running in traffic or in the mouth of dogs that are out being walked on leashes.  My sister got cut up bad trying to get one out of her dog's mouth.  Dog sniffed under a parked car, and suddenly there's teeth and claws flying everywhere.

OK, I really HATE to get drug into this, but why is it ok for your dog to be sniffing under the car and not ok for the cat to defend himself?  YOu know darn well your dog smelled the cat and that's why he was poking around...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/usma89/plumper.jpg

EDIT
SIIHPAPP

Aw come on man.  That's a cool pic.  Don't make lewd comments and get this thread locked!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
your cat is defective, return it for a new one

+1
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I really HATE to get drug into this, but why is it ok for your dog to be sniffing under the car and not ok for the cat to defend himself?  YOu know darn well your dog smelled the cat and that's why he was poking around...

The dog was on a leash as per the laws and customs of polite society, and dogs sniff things when they're outside.  A friend of mine calls it "reading the newspaper."  You don't know what the dog is sniffing until it's too late, he (she in this case actually) could be sniffing for anything.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Some of you are fucking ridiculous with the roaming cat issue. Its a cat you fucking pussies calm down.

Jeeze, what a bunch of ass holes, probably the same dumb asses who would discharge a firearm to kill a cat in a neighborhood with zero disregard for what is behind the cat. Go find a better cause to bitch about. The guy didn't ask for you to shit on his thread.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Dogs belong on leashes because there are stupid breeds out there that have been known to attack people with little or no provocation.

That's why dogs belong in yards as well.

When was the last time you heard of a cat running off and attacking people without cause.     Their impact on "nature" as far as killing song birds or whatever is a welcome effect in my book.    Kill the rats, mice, birds and true nuisance animals.

But if a cat is dumb enough to get close enough to a dog that it gets chewed up and spit out, it's the cat's own damn fault as it should be smart enough to know it's place.

Any locality that is gonna sit around making laws about controlling cats to your property is likely the same kind of place that will attempt to control all other aspects of your life, such as banning guns or certain types of politically incorrect guns.      
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Dogs belong on leashes because there are stupid breeds out there that have been known to attack people with little or no provocation.

When was the last time you heard of a cat running off and attacking people without cause.     Their impact on "nature" as far as killing song birds or whatever is a welcome effect in my book.    Kill the rats, mice, birds and true nuisance animals.

But if a cat is dumb enough to get close enough to a dog that it gets chewed up and spit out, it's the cat's own damn fault as it should be smart enough to know it's place.

Any locality that is gonna sit around making laws about controlling cats to your property is likely the same kind of place that will attempt to control all other aspects of your life, such as banning guns or certain types of politically incorrect guns.      

My sister actually had a cat run up and fling itself at her dog while out walking it too.  I don't care about the cat getting wrecked but my sister shouldn't have to wear kevlar gauntlets to keep from getting wounded trying to end the altercation.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh, how nice. Long distance-interweb-cat-killing-hardass. Best of the breed.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sister actually had a cat run up and fling itself at her dog while out walking it too.  I don't care about the cat getting wrecked but my sister shouldn't have to wear kevlar gauntlets to keep from getting wounded trying to end the altercation.

So is this a normal sized dog or one of the toy breeds???

Any normal dog would not have to have a human defend them from a house cat.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Teach your cat to use a TASER.  It's the only way to stop mice that are high on PCP!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

You know.....

Take that exact sentence and replace "cat" with "mouse", then replace "dog" with "cat".

You've got the almost exact same situation as the person who started this thread.

Just casual observation.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Suicide by cat. A cowards way out.

At least around here, the mice have the guts to pull the trigger themselves.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www1.kcn.ne.jp/~toya/PICS/capibara.jpg

WOW! A Rodent Of Unusual Size.

I didn't think they existed.

Very close relative to the guinea pig.  If I could afford to feed a couple, I'd see if I could get them as pets.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#39]
ROFL
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Bad! Bad! Bad! Little boy, jsut wait until your mommy gets home and finds out you're playing Rambo on the internet again.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#41]
have your cats even indoor only cats neutered and vacinnated for rabies, it's not that hard, just a trip to the vet
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is this a normal sized dog or one of the toy breeds???

Any normal dog would not have to have a human defend them from a house cat.

Actually it was a pit bull mix that had been abandoned in the park and she decided to bring home instead of letting it get sent to the gas chamber. (she worked for the parks dept. for a while and apparently people abandon dogs in the park all the time)  When she got all bit and scratched up she was trying to save the cat more than anything.  Both the dog and my sister were pretty badly slashed up and the cat had multiple puncture wounds and a broken leg.

No matter what kind of dog it is you shouldn't be forced to dress wounds or visit the vet because someone else wouldn't keep their animal locked up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know.....

Take that exact sentence and replace "cat" with "mouse", then replace "dog" with "cat".

You've got the almost exact same situation as the person who started this thread.

Just casual observation.

Right, but I'm guessing that the mouse/vole isn't someone's pet that they let roam the neighborhood.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Actually it was a pit bull mix that had been abandoned in the park and she decided to bring home instead of letting it get sent to the gas chamber. (she worked for the parks dept. for a while and apparently people abandon dogs in the park all the time)  When she got all bit and scratched up she was trying to save the cat more than anything.  Both the dog and my sister were pretty badly slashed up and the cat had multiple puncture wounds and a broken leg.

No matter what kind of dog it is you shouldn't be forced to dress wounds or visit the vet because someone else wouldn't keep their animal locked up.

Hey I agree with ya on the keeping pets under control.

Cat attacking a pit mix......... would that be kinda like suicide by police????
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#45]

My hampster is tough little bastard....my roommate and I call him the "Montana Militia Man" because he's always "dug in" and has enough food stuffed in his little palace that you'd think Y2K was everyday.  Needless to say, that mouse is also a tough little bastard.....You shoulda given that man a meal...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By Dace: Dunce  Wish you lived around my house, I kill cats like yours.  People like you are irresponsible for letting your cat run free.

Fixed your name for Ya
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad! Bad! Bad! Little boy, jsut wait until your mommy gets home and finds out you're playing Rambo on the internet again.

Thought the same thing
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I was sitting here at the computer when my wife says "Your cat is getting attacked by a mouse."

My cat always brings home dead animals and eats them.

I looked out the window and my cat Serbu was sitting in the yard and there was a mouse that was charging him. It kept running at him and bouncing off.

My cat was just like WTF? The little fucker was standing up on his hind legs trying to bite him.

So I grabbed my camera and went out to take some pics. He ran at me a few times and was standing up again like he was going to bite me.

After I took the pics I took my cat inside and let him go on his way, he wasn't bleeding that much.    

img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/2003_0101xmouse0002.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/2003_0101xmouse0003.jpg

Wow... now that mouse has balls, or is rabid,, or sees your cat as a big PUSSY
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Wow... now that mouse has balls, or is rabid,, or sees your cat as a big PUSSY

i'm going with the rabid theory.. hope your cat wasn't bitten :(
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top