Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:44:08 PM EDT
I went with my parents to a Christmas party tonight and went carroling. Everything went fine, however ever since my girlfriend (were dating a year-really nasty breakup, lots of fighting) broke up with me my dad has been hinting at me to go date some girls in the church they go to.  Tonight at the Christmas party my dad was pressuring me into going over and introducing myself to this one girl, whose parents my mom and dad are very good friends with (Big no-no ). They say she's a sweet girl, and she is, however right now I'm not looking for a girlfriend. My dad's turned 53 and he wants grandkids, which is why he is pushing me to get a girlfriend. As it is, I am enjoying my singleness (Sort of, I still feel guilty hitting on other girls 7 weeks later) being every single girl's boyfriend.

Is there any cure for IWGS? It's really getting to me now. It's to the point where I can almost blackmail him over it.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tell them you're gay.  

That'd probably work!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't wait too long.  30 or 40 and single sucks ass.  

You might as well die now while there are enough people around who will remember you.

Just a happy reminder
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tell them you're gay.  

They served Chili tonight...and I had...this...horrible..case...of..GAS.

I already have plans for a hotchick back at school. if my ex girlfriend doesn't want me, there's another girl out there that does.

Hey, this one's got a really nice bodunkadunk.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I went with my parents to a Christmas party tonight and went carroling. Everything went fine, however ever since my girlfriend (were dating a year-really nasty breakup, lots of fighting) broke up with me my dad has been hinting at me to go date some girls in the church they go to.  Tonight at the Christmas party my dad was pressuring me into going over and introducing myself to this one girl, whose parents my mom and dad are very good friends with (Big no-no ). They say she's a sweet girl, and she is, however right now I'm not looking for a girlfriend. My dad's turned 53 and he wants grandkids, which is why he is pushing me to get a girlfriend. As it is, I am enjoying my singleness (Sort of, I still feel guilty hitting on other girls 7 weeks later) being every single girl's boyfriend.

Is there any cure for IWGS? It's really getting to me now. It's to the point where I can almost blackmail him over it.

There aint no cure but grandkids.  Get it over with and get married to some babe and get her knocked up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Just bring home a trashy,  slutty girl and introduce her to your parents as the woman you want to marry (pay a strip-o-gram girl or topless dancer for the episode if you can't find a bimbo on your own.)

After that, your folks will pressure you to take your time and wait for the right woman before settling down.  That'll give you room to breathe.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There aint no cure but grandkids.  Get it over with and get married to some babe and get her knocked up.

I gotta find a good girl. I also gotta graduate from school, then get married, then have hard core monkey sex everynight.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just bring home a trashy,  slutty girl and introduce her to your parents as the woman you want to marry (pay a strip-o-gram girl or topless dancer for the episode if you can't find a bimbo on your own.)

After that, your folks will pressure you to take your time and wait for the right woman before settling down.  That'll give you room to breathe.

This works.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[
I gotta find a good girl. I also gotta graduate from school, then get married, then have hard core monkey sex everynight.

You still have much to learn, grasshopper.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This works.

I honestly thought I had the 'right' woman 8 weeks ago. She was pretty, beautiful, had a great walk with God, and was a perfect match for me. (We had been dating a year) She loved God 1st, and wanted to get married to me some day. She was sweet and AWESOME. On october 31st she moved in with an unsaved, un married, drinker in PA and has since then turned into an ungrateful drinking party whore.

I still hurt

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This works.

I honestly thought I had the 'right' woman 8 weeks ago. She was pretty, beautiful, had a great walk with God, and was a perfect match for me. (We had been dating a year) She loved God 1st, and wanted to get married to me some day. She was sweet and AWESOME. On october 31st she moved in with an unsaved, un married, drinker in PA and has since then turned into an ungrateful drinking party whore.

I still hurt

SSS?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#12]
just tell them you want to be single long enough to save enough money to start a family.  works every time!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:42:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I still hurt

This is an excellent example of why you should take your time before jumping into marriage.  What if you had married this woman and had a few kids before she changed into a party whore.  Take your pain and multiply it tenfold.  Imagine the difficulty that the children would be subjected to.  Your parents would likely be shut off from contact with the grandkids when the ex-wife had them.  

So... think it out long and hard before you get married.  Getting hitched because your parents want grandkids is not a good reason to make the leap.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

WTF are you talking about??

Twenty-eight and almost single here and I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still hurt

This is an excellent example of why you should take your time before jumping into marriage.  What if you had married this woman and had a few kids before she changed into a party whore.  Take your pain and multiply it tenfold.  Imagine the difficulty that the children would be subjected to.  Your parents would likely be shut off from contact with the grandkids when the ex-wife had them.  

So... think it out long and hard before you get married.  Getting hitched because your parents want grandkids is not a good reason to make the leap.  

Bingo. I'm going to assume that you're typical college age, 18-22. If that's the case then IMO you are entirely too young to need to worry about finding "THE ONE" and having her squirt out yard apes for you.

You need to get out there and date a wide variety of women with differing looks and personality types. You need to get a better read on people in general and women specifically. This girl that you thought was "The One" probably was giving out signs that she was going to flip out (but then again, maybe not). Once you get some more experience under your belt you'll be able to detect these signs (if any) more readily.

Also, you have to consider that many women (and men) undergo drastic changes in their twenties. Do you want to get married to a 23 year old recent grad, have her drop 3 kids then decide 5 years later that she doesn't love you anymore, like her life anymore, and wants to go live it up while you get stuck supporting 3 kids you never get to see and her newly-discovered lifestyle of sex and drugs?

If you're in your early twenties then you've got the rest of your life ahead of you. Don't be in such a hurry to complicate it and fuck it up. You've got plenty of time for that later. Take it easy, one step at a time, and strive to get this shit right the first time instead of shackling yourself to the first seemingly-decent woman that gets her hooks into you.

I also think you need to consider your father's motives in this. Your father's age is irrelevant. Your purpose in life is not to breed for your parents so they can have grandbabies to spoil rotten. Sounds to me like your Dad just wants the good part of kids without the majority of the bad. You're in college trying to get an education..... you have little to no money and no career. It's fucked up for your Dad to pressure you to get hitched to the first thing that moves and start a baby factory for his benefit. Tell your Pops if he wants grandkids so bad then he can go to the playground and steal one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:20:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
just tell them you want to be single long enough to save enough money to start a family.  works every time!

"GrandPA" may FUND him to early parentdom.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Tell him this;

"Dont worry pop, as many skanks as I've banged in my drunken debauchery, you're bound to have at least a couple grandkids out there by now. Just don't push the issue for another 17 years, 'cause that child support can be a mother fucker."
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Single in the 30s can be fun.  The only problem is that a lot of the women your age want a baby.  and want one NOW.  to the point of sabotaging their birth control to get it.   Being single make you a big target.  Especially if you haven't been married.  because they know you do't have any previous child support or alimony.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Hah!  My experience being in my 30's is 99% of the women out there in my age group are already saddled with a whole mess of brats from their previous marriage, and usually have an ex-husband hanging around constantly and sabatoging things, if her kids aren't already doing so...

Any women I meet in my age group that don't have kids are either being overwhelmed by 10 million guys already, in which case you have to "compete" constantly, or they are complete mutts who scare the shit out of you!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Tell him this;

"Dont worry pop, as many skanks as I've banged in my drunken debauchery, you're bound to have at least a couple grandkids out there by now. Just don't push the issue for another 17 years, 'cause that child support can be a mother fucker."

Very tempting.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Single in the 30s can be fun.  The only problem is that a lot of the women your age want a baby.  and want one NOW.  to the point of sabotaging their birth control to get it.   Being single make you a big target.  Especially if you haven't been married.  because they know you do't have any previous child support or alimony.  

Want a baby?? WTF are you talking about? From the browsing around I've done on some of the singles sites it seems like many women in their 30s already have a baby! Or two. Or three. And a failed marriage or three.

I guess this means I should concentrate on ladies in their 20s?

But you bring up a valid point...    tag it and bag it. That way you don't end up saddled with a bunch of BS from some nutcase who wanted to sabotage her birth control so that she could have a baby with you and 'save' your relationship.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Whoops, I forgot that one thing that kills sex after marriage-wedding cake. That's why at my wedding they will serve wedding PIE, not cake

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Whoops, I forgot that one thing that kills sex after marriage-wedding cake. That's why at my wedding they will serve wedding PIE, not cake

Wait until you are 27-28+ to get married. Most men and women under that age still behave like children who happen to have fully developed sex organs and have little understanding of fidelity or hygiene.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Hell, I thought IWGS was I Want Guns Syndrome. Poop.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

We've already taken care of that. He bought a shotgun a few weeks ago.

Oh, and by the way, I talked to another hot girl today who I haven't talked to in about 4 years. Life is great.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Aw man, that's a fun one in this household.

My then-GF (of 4yrs) broke up with me right before senior year of college (Aug '03), I graduated in May '04 and started my career.  Having not dated anyone between Aug '03 and about 3mo ago, Mom was getting really wierd with the "Do you want to get married and have kids some day?" comments.

I finally shut her down with "I'm just not dating at the moment, I'm not gay." A first-date a few weeks later got her to be quiet since then. Even if that didnt go anywhere, at least Mom's stopped the comments.

So, in other words: Just flat out say "I'm not gay, so give me some time to find the right woman."

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hell I though it stood for " I want Gay Sex " considering the post
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Wait until you are 27-28+ to get married. Most men and women under that age still behave like children who happen to have fully developed sex organs and have little understanding of fidelity or hygiene.

Thank you, I take personal offense to that. Im 20, have a decent job (Uncle Sam aint a wonderful job), a beautiful woman, and we both have zero fidelity or trust issues and tend to make sure the other stays clean.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Thank you, I take personal offense to that. Im 20, have a decent job (Uncle Sam aint a wonderful job), a beautiful woman, and we both have zero fidelity or trust issues and tend to make sure the other stays clean.

You plan on getting married soon, don't you?

Check back with us in 5 years.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Good for you. Notice I qualified my post with "most." If you are an exception, and it does happen, then good for you. No doubt at 20 you've already seen one or more crash and burn episodes with friends, relatives and/or acquaintences around that age. For the most part, just add alcohol to a 20 something gathering and watch the panties fly. And most 20yo guys don't have qualms over sloppy seconds either.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Aw man, that's a fun one in this household.

My then-GF (of 4yrs) broke up with me right before senior year of college (Aug '03), I graduated in May '04 and started my career.  Having not dated anyone between Aug '03 and about 3mo ago, Mom was getting really wierd with the "Do you want to get married and have kids some day?" comments.

I finally shut her down with "I'm just not dating at the moment, I'm not gay." A first-date a few weeks later got her to be quiet since then. Even if that didnt go anywhere, at least Mom's stopped the comments.

So, in other words: Just flat out say "I'm not gay, so give me some time to find the right woman."

Kharn

Wow. Jesse and I had been dating for a year and she broke up with me and I still think the world's gonna end.....

Sorta puts things into perspective.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Good for you. Notice I qualified my post with "most." If you are an exception, and it does happen, then good for you. No doubt at 20 you've already seen one or more crash and burn episodes with friends, relatives and/or acquaintences around that age. For the most part, just add alcohol to a 20 something gathering and watch the panties fly. And most 20yo guys don't have qualms over sloppy seconds either.

The girl I mentioned above is in the stages of crashing and burning. She's shacked up with an un-beleiving guy who has a nasty drinking habit.... It breaks my heart to know what she is doing to herself, but there is nothing I can do to help her except to pray. She refuses to talk to me .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Life is too short to worry about a woman who could not give a shit about you.
I learned that the hard way.
You will too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was in the

I Want Gwen Stefani ! Mode myself!

Oh Well!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was in the

images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/mirror/dec2004/4/9/00075FD3-B0BA-11CA-960280BFB6FA0000.jpg

Oh Well!

Tall Shadow

Porn star?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

and he wants grandkids,

... Dude, does it even have to be said? Never have kids for any reason other than those you chose.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#38]
+1 on I Want Gwen Stefani...  

1) Jsteensen, you're about to get a hard lesson in reality.  As another poster said, check back in 5 years.  

2) My parents' and my in-laws are bugging the shit out of us to have kids.  My wife is 30, and I'm 34...been married for 8 years.  NO fucking way.  I'm getting neutered after the first of the year.  Having kids because everyone else thinks you should is the goddamn stupidest reason to do it.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
+1 on I Want Gwen Stefani...  

1) Jsteensen, you're about to get a hard lesson in reality.  As another poster said, check back in 5 years.  

2) My parents' and my in-laws are bugging the shit out of us to have kids.  My wife is 30, and I'm 34...been married for 8 years.  NO fucking way.  I'm getting neutered after the first of the year.  Having kids because everyone else thinks you should is the goddamn stupidest reason to do it.

I'm going to have kids some day, just not now. My dad will be in his 60's before I'm going at it though.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#40]
If thats how life goes, then so be it. Had plenty of "hard lessons in reality" so far, what's one more? As for me, I live by the adage "Be prepared for the worst, but hope for the best." At the very least, no kids till I get out of the Army in '10 and get settled into civy life with a good job and (however small) house.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was in the

images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/mirror/dec2004/4/9/00075FD3-B0BA-11CA-960280BFB6FA0000.jpg

Oh Well!

Tall Shadow

Porn star?

Ex singer for No Doubt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top